+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic history from Queensland?

NSG01

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks. I have the traffic history report and police clearance. All I need is certificate from SPER.
Thanks again.
Hi Smriti,
Did you get the SPER report. Actually I have got my traffic history done. But when I called Sper to issue me a report stating that there are no pending dues at my end, they checked their records in their system ND said my drivers license is nowhere showing in their records as I have no fines, so they cannot issue a report. They can only issue reports if someones fines are due in their system. What about your case. Have you been able to get the report. If yes please guide how to proceed.
Thanx

Feb 17, 2018
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I am trying to get traffic history from Queensland transport without any success. I never held Australian driving license as it was't required for people on non-immigrant visa and I could drive on my Indian DL.. Is there anyone who has successfully got traffic history from Queensland transport and/or a letter stating you do not hold Australian DL. Please help with your experience?
Hi,
I didn't drive using my Indian DL in QLD. did you manage to get the traffic history from TMR? If you have mailed them, what EOI did you submit? My 457 visa is already cancelled and I am not sure if I can send it as a Category A document, ofcourse I can show my indian passport for the other category A document and my NAB card as category B document.

Please let me know the process if you have managed to get it done successfully. Will it be any good if I just call them up and tell them credit card details for payment of fee?

Thanks

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hi,
I didn't drive using my Indian DL in QLD. did you manage to get the traffic history from TMR? If you have mailed them, what EOI did you submit? My 457 visa is already cancelled and I am not sure if I can send it as a Category A document, ofcourse I can show my indian passport for the other category A document and my NAB card as category B document.

Please let me know the process if you have managed to get it done successfully. Will it be any good if I just call them up and tell them credit card details for payment of fee?

Thanks
I sent NAB card, Passport and Indian bank card. It worked for me.

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Hi Friends,

I just got my documents checklist Post ITA and in that I have to submit Australian Police Certificate as well though I lived there for less then 6 months in a row.

As I lived in QLD therefore I need to submit Traffic History as well. However, I never drove a vehicle while I was living in Australia therefore never held a QLD Driving License. I left Australia in 2014 and since then I never went back. Now I am worried as I cannot apply online for traffic history because I didn't had a driving licence number.

Can anyone help me how can I get traffic history while I am not in Australia?
I read the posts in this thread but still confused because I have only 5 more weeks to submit my application and running out of time.

Appreciate if anyone can help me to get this.

Best Regards

Muz

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
Hi Smriti,
Did you get the SPER report. Actually I have got my traffic history done. But when I called Sper to issue me a report stating that there are no pending dues at my end, they checked their records in their system ND said my drivers license is nowhere showing in their records as I have no fines, so they cannot issue a report. They can only issue reports if someones fines are due in their system. What about your case. Have you been able to get the report. If yes please guide how to proceed.
Thanx
Dear,

Sorry fro replying so late.
I havent generated report from SPER yet.
I was waiting to get ITA again and fortunately I received it yesterday.

I will do that procedure now, will let you know once I get it.
How about you? What is your status?

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
HI Smriti,
I am glad i was of any help to you. the date range ideally should include the entire duration of stay in Australia till today. this wont raise any doubts in the mind of officer processing your PR case. if you check the IRCC/CIC website for information regarding police clearance from Queensland / Australia it doesnt mention much and just asks for traffic history but CIC will get back to asking for additional documents. Also get a certificate from SPER which is a QLD state judiciary concerned with collecting any dues. This is a very easy process which can be done over the phone and free of charge. this will clearly state that you dont have any dues related to the driving licence. Canadian immigration when asking for traffic history is concerned about whether you have any criminal charges related to your traffic history and whether you have any dues towards the Australian govt. QLD is a typical case where this additional documentation is required apart from the Federal police clearance otherwise if you would have resided in any other state you should have been fine with just the police clearance.

my main purpose of contributing to this blog was to help any future applicants with this information as there wasnt much information available when i had to go through the process.
Dear vmehta,

This is regarding certificate from SPER. I was not able to contact them on the phone and so made a query explaining what I need.
I got an email from SPER stating "A search of SPER records has failed to locate any outstanding matters in the name of xxx (D.O.B. xxx).'.

Is this enough?

cjdesk

Nov 8, 2017
Dear friends,

if anyone could help me.

I want certificate stating from QLD transport department stating that I never held driver licence in that state.

But I have applied my traffic history report.

will I get such certificate based on the application i have made.

Regards,

Teenz

Star Member
May 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28 September 2019
File Transfer...
24 October 2019
Hi everyone,
Can you please help me with the payment of traffic history? I am unable to make any cheque or money order in Australian dollars from India. I called the Australian transport department to pay over the phone, but they refused. How did you all pay for traffic history? Please help.
Thanks

nothingtt28

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Hi Friends,

I just got my documents checklist Post ITA and in that I have to submit Australian Police Certificate as well though I lived there for less then 6 months in a row.

As I lived in QLD therefore I need to submit Traffic History as well. However, I never drove a vehicle while I was living in Australia therefore never held a QLD Driving License. I left Australia in 2014 and since then I never went back. Now I am worried as I cannot apply online for traffic history because I didn't had a driving licence number.

Can anyone help me how can I get traffic history while I am not in Australia?
I read the posts in this thread but still confused because I have only 5 more weeks to submit my application and running out of time.

Appreciate if anyone can help me to get this.

Best Regards

Muz
Hi,

Could you share your experience? How did you get through to obtain APC and the letter from QLD Dept of Trans?

Tks.

nothingtt28

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I went through the process of getting my traffic history report from QLD last year. its a pretty smooth and straightforward process which you can do online or via their customer support officer. if you have problem logging into their website then i would suggest talking to their customer support office and they would help you with that. you can make payment via credit card and the reports can be mailed to you . in your case you will get a letter stating that you never held a QLD driving licence. in my case since i had a QLD driving licence , I had to get a letter from SPER stating that i dont have any fines due along with my traffic history report and a police certificate from the QLD police services stating that i dont have any criminal charges. it took lot of digging around from my end as there was no information available on the internet and this is the reason i decided to write this blog for any future PR applicants who are in a similar position as i was.
if you held a driving licence from any other state in Australia it would have been fine to just get a police clearance certificate and that would include your traffic offences if they are of criminal in nature but for QLD its a typical case as traffic offences including drink driving is not a criminal offence. in canada drink driving is a criminal offence and thats why CIC/ IRCC is mainly concerned about if the PR applicant had ever been caught while driving under the influence of Alcohol. i would strongly suggest to supplement your documents with as much information as you can from various departments as its better to have more information rather than less in which case IRCC/CIC will ask for additional information.
since i held a QLD driving licence i had to accompany my traffic history report with a letter from SPER stating no fines are due and also police certificate from QLD police services along with the Federal govt police certificate to substantiate my case and avoid any doubts which may rise in CIC case officer.
i will summarize what i mentioned above and please keep in mind this is not a comprehensive list of docs as CIC may request additonal docs based on case by case basis.
1. QLD Traffic history report(if you didnt held a QLD driving licence then fill release of information form and you will get a letter stating that this person never held a QLD driving license.
2. Police certificate from QLD police and Australian Federal police
3. letter from SPER if you held a driving licence.

i hope this information will put you in the right direction.
Hi,

How did you talk to the QLD Dept of Trans customer service? Did you call them? Could you advise which number is that? Is it this one? +61 7 3022 0001.

Thank you very much.

Teenz

Star Member
May 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28 September 2019
File Transfer...
24 October 2019
U can send completed form F2121 (release of information), along with 3 EOI documents (attested), and mail them to the address. Or, you can buy a money order online from Australia Post and send all the documents, along with details of payment to paid_searches@tmr.qld.gov.au

Reactions: nothingtt28

Teenz

Star Member
May 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28 September 2019
File Transfer...
24 October 2019
I contacted the transport department and received the following information by mail:

Process for a Release of Information Application
You must provide the following:
• completed Release of Information Application (F2121)
• cover letter including the email address or fax number if you wish the report to be sent immediately (a hard
copy will be sent to the postal address recorded on the application)
• Evidence of Identity (EOI) documents. For a full list of acceptable EOI documents, please refer to the
Evidence of Identity Information Sheet F4362 *When lodging an ROI application from interstate or
overseas, an exemption from providing original EOI documents applies and photocopies are acceptable.
However, your application cannot be processed if the photocopies of your EOI documents are not clear
and certified by an authorised person. Persons authorised to verify the authenticity of documents include:
• Health Professional
• Police Officer
• Consular or Ambassadorial Officer
• Solicitor, Barrister or Judge
• Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations
• Notary Public or a person who is authorised by law to witness and sign declarations
The witness must sign and print their full name, position title/designation and contact details (including
office stamp). You may have to pay a fee to have these documents witnessed. All documents are required
to be witnessed in English or have an English translation.
• An application fee of AUD$24.05 is payable by:
• personal/company cheque, bank cheque or money order, issued in Australian dollars (AUD) by an
Australian affiliated bank, made payable to Department of Transport and Main Roads and mailed
with your application
• If you have an active Australian bank account, you may purchase an online money order through
Australia Post at: https://auspost.com.au/buymoneyorders/app/#/order
▪ Pay to a business enter Department of Transport and Main Roads
▪ enter amount $24.05
▪ Description - enter type of search (traffic history and/or licence history)
▪ Delivery address - GPO Box 2451
Brisbane QLD 4001
Australia
▪ Your Details - enter your full name exactly as stated on your ROI application
▪ Enter email address to receive tax invoice for money order
(After purchasing the money order Australia Post will mail your money order to TMR).
• The application fee is payable for each history extract. TMR does not offer electronic funds transfer,
direct deposit or credit card payment option when applying by mail.
• Funds must be received before your application will be processed.

Lodge ROI application by-
• Mail - Forwarding documentation and fee (cheque or money order) to:
Department of Transport and Main Roads
Customer Service Support
GPO Box 2451
Brisbane Qld 4001
AUSTRALIA
• Scan and email the completed application together with your certified EOI documents to
paid_searches@tmr.qld.gov.au or by fax to +61 7 3066 7845. This option is only available if the fee
has been pre-paid by an online money order. Please provide details of your method of pre-payment
on your application form.
• Please allow up to 10 working days for TMR to process your application from the date it is received.

Reactions: nothingtt28

nothingtt28

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I contacted the transport department and received the following information by mail:

• cover letter including the email address or fax number if you wish the report to be sent immediately (a hard
• Evidence of Identity (EOI) documents. For a full list of acceptable EOI documents, please refer to the
Evidence of Identity Information Sheet F4362 *When lodging an ROI application from interstate or
overseas, an exemption from providing original EOI documents applies and photocopies are acceptable.
However, your application cannot be processed if the photocopies of your EOI documents are not clear
and certified by an authorised person. Persons authorised to verify the authenticity of documents include:
• Health Professional
• Police Officer
• Notary Public or a person who is authorised by law to witness and sign declarations
The witness must sign and print their full name, position title/designation and contact details (including
office stamp). You may have to pay a fee to have these documents witnessed. All documents are required
• personal/company cheque, bank cheque or money order, issued in Australian dollars (AUD) by an
Australian affiliated bank, made payable to Department of Transport and Main Roads and mailed
with your application
• If you have an active Australian bank account, you may purchase an online money order through
▪ enter amount $24.05
Brisbane QLD 4001
Australia
(After purchasing the money order Australia Post will mail your money order to TMR).
• The application fee is payable for each history extract. TMR does not offer electronic funds transfer,

Customer Service Support
GPO Box 2451
Brisbane Qld 4001
AUSTRALIA
• Scan and email the completed application together with your certified EOI documents to
paid_searches@tmr.qld.gov.au or by fax to +61 7 3066 7845. This option is only available if the fee
has been pre-paid by an online money order. Please provide details of your method of pre-payment
• Please allow up to 10 working days for TMR to process your application from the date it is received.
Thank you very very much! Its really helpful information.

nothingtt28

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017

• Health Professional
• Police Officer
with your application
▪ enter amount $24.05
Brisbane QLD 4001
Australia

Customer Service Support
GPO Box 2451
Brisbane Qld 4001
AUSTRALIA
Hi Teenz,

Sorry to bother you again. I'm abit confused of some EOI documents. What documents did you send to them? I am thinking to send my Australia visa and bank statement besides my certified photo of passports. Do these documents need to be certified? Thats why if you can share what you submitted, that would be great. Thanks alot.