+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
That’s a nice thing to say, thank you.

You don’t get an email notification for a GU but you do get an email once your PR card is printed and mailed. There may be a time lag between an actual update in profile and an email. Hope it makes sense. If I were you, I’d check the account 1-2 times per week just to be sure.

Also, there was someone in this thread who hadn’t got any updates at all but received his or her PR card in post. Must’ve been a pleasant surprise but I would rather know in advance. Good luck.
@dashing_warrior - thank you. What are your date if you can share, and visa office please.

Reactions: sepehr1384

DVRT

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,
My PR Card is approved and dispatched today. Got a Ghost Update on Saturday. Send Photo graphs on july 16 and received by IRCC on July 17.
Seems IRCC is expediting the process. Initially I thought it would take 4 months or so.
Hope all others who are waiting for PR card will get theirs soon.

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My PR Card is approved and dispatched today. Got a Ghost Update on Saturday. Send Photo graphs on july 16 and received by IRCC on July 17.
Seems IRCC is expediting the process. Initially I thought it would take 4 months or so.
Hope all others who are waiting for PR card will get theirs soon.
congrats!! what office did you send it to ??

pewpew

Jul 9, 2018
Anyone landed at Calgary or Edmonton in early March got their pr card approved? I landed on March.14 at Calgary airport, and there is no update whatsoever.

Reactions: Goodnews16

cdsoso

Oct 24, 2019
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
File Transfer...
01-13-2020
Guys, I am confused about my landing date.

It seems like many people who posted in this thread landed after March 18th. Did Canada close the border after that day? Or when people say "my landing date is June 10th", it only means that is the date they receive the COPR email?

I am inland now, and I receive my COPR email on May 28th, and send out my photo the same day. Should I regard May 28th as my "Landing date"?

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

Ds1998

Jul 20, 2020

It seems like many people who posted in this thread landed after March 18th. Did Canada close the border after that day? Or when people say "my landing date is June 10th", it only means that is the date they receive the COPR email?

I am inland now, and I receive my COPR email on May 28th, and send out my photo the same day. Should I regard May 28th as my "Landing date"?
Yes. I think so.

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018

@cdsoso - date when you became official PR. That date. I believe your letter/ email says that date - yes?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Your landing date will be when you received your COPR because it should be signed already as they canceled landing interviews.

darklord_sidz

Jul 14, 2020
@guydecent Congratulations! Would you please tell which province your address in? We are in Toronto and waiting for the card to come in mail, our card was approved on the same date, July 20, 2020. It is a little bit tough to check mailbox everyday.
First PR card received. Outland landing date, March 8. First GU on July 15, approved in IRCC portal on July 20. Received in mail, today, July 27. Best of luck to everyone who all are waiting.