+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Got my PR cards in the mailbox today! (mine and my common-law's) - One enveloppe for each.

This is a white enveloppe with the Canada logo on the top left.
They both came from CPC Sydney.

Inside, there is two page:
- "Welcome and thank you for choosing Canada!" leaflet with a detachable section where you can note your future travels if you want to ask for citizenship.
- Main page with the card at the bottom. "Enclosed if your PR card. Ensure you carry it when you travel..." and behind there's some info about the PR card.

The card didn't look like I thought it would. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL__CMxV4AAcDWI?format=jpg&name=large instead of http://www.jpcanadavisa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/pr-card-eng.jpg. The new design is from 2015 but I've always seen the previous one on the internet.

133 days since landing to get the PR card.
It's finally the end of my journey. :cool:

Thanks to everyone who's participating in the forum and good luck.
See you again for the citizenship process.
Congrats!!!! I feel excited for you. Now, u can breathe. Phew!

Reactions: nll

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
*****Finally! At least my PR Card Application got approved on 21 July 2020.*****

How can I get a tracking number from Canada Post? Somebody please tell me.

Landed - 13 March 2020 (into a shitstorm )
PR Card Application Approved - 21 July 2020
Category - FSW Outland
Days Calculation - 130 Days

Still waiting for physical card to show up on mailbox! :)

Tracking is possible of not?
You can't track it but for me it took less than 4 days.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Agreed. I’ve always thought my PR card would have that huge iridescent maple leaf on it, but nevermind. After all, it’s just an ID.
Honestly, I like the new one better. You still have the maple leaf and the gooses but the addition of the Peace Tower is a nice touch. The card looks way better in hand vs the sample example.
Congrats!!!! I feel excited for you. Now, u can breathe. Phew!
Thank you! Yes, it's a huge relief after almost two years of procedure. :)

Melam

Sep 12, 2019
@CanadaEE19 - Landed 28 Feb - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Sayantan86 - Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@elbonia - Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Visabo - Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Toronto
@india_usa_canada_pr Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Calgary
@fuzzylogic- Landed 8 March - Wife’s application approved, my application submitted - Vancouver
@canImm1234 - Landed 10 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Melam - Landed 12 March - Application Approved on July 20th.
@Vivir_Y_Aprender - Landed 13 March - After 130 Days, Application APPROVED. Awaiting card.
@gabi1984 - Landed 13 March - Application Approved
@Selvan - Landed 13 March - Application Approved
@Jabya - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@2M - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - BC
@Rahu_24 - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@CIC Inland - Landed 14 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@nll - Landed 14 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Lansdowne, ON
@BonjourCA - Landed 15 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@dimash - Landed 17 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Calgary, AB
@timmytam1184 - Landed 18 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@aabiola - Landed 24 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Islander216 - Landed 28 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Ethan_007 - Landed 31 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@eksray - Landed 13 April - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@sherry111 - Landed 23 April (by email) - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@kevinlphan - Landed 01 May - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Has anyone used the mail from the bank -- essentially the first mail when they send you your card -- as POA for SIN or OHIP?
SIN POA requirement seems a bit more relaxed than OHIP:

-- SIN --
"a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)"
----

-- OHIP --
"
monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts
  • does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts
"
----

It's weird that bank 'letters' are not accepted for OHIP - whatever they might mean by 'letters'..

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Has anyone used the mail from the bank -- essentially the first mail when they send you your card -- as POA for SIN or OHIP?
SIN POA requirement seems a bit more relaxed than OHIP:

-- SIN --
"a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)"
----

-- OHIP --
"
monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts
  • does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts
"
----

It's weird that bank 'letters' are not accepted for OHIP - whatever they might mean by 'letters'..
Hi - please post this in appropriate thread.

SaraRahul

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi..
My husband and I landed on June 25 2020 and after couple of days of landing I linked my PR card application to my profile but not able to do his. He is the dependent. Have sent multiple web forms and replied them with the info they requested but still no solution. His city of birth is SALEM TAMILNADU in his passport and it’s just Salem in his COPR and I have tried all possible combo with caps, small letters, spaces, and commas... did anyone face this kind of issue ? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a ton in advance :)

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi..
My husband and I landed on June 25 2020 and after couple of days of landing I linked my PR card application to my profile but not able to do his. He is the dependent. Have sent multiple web forms and replied them with the info they requested but still no solution. His city of birth is SALEM TAMILNADU in his passport and it’s just Salem in his COPR and I have tried all possible combo with caps, small letters, spaces, and commas... did anyone face this kind of issue ? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a ton in advance :)
There are absolutely No need to link the PR Card application and currently people who landed in March and April are receiving their cards so I think you still need to wait a month or less and you will get your PR card in the mail on Canadian address. Meanwhile you can apply all mandatory services by using your COPR.
don’t worry you are a permanent residents of Canada
Good luck

Reactions: SaraRahul