+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Melam

Sep 12, 2019
@CanadaEE19 - Landed 28 Feb - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Sayantan86 - Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@elbonia - Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Visabo - Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Toronto
@india_usa_canada_pr Landed 5 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Calgary
@fuzzylogic- Landed 8 March - Wife’s application approved, my application submitted - Vancouver
@canImm1234 - Landed 10 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Melam - Landed 12 March - Application Approved on July 20th.
@Vivir_Y_Aprender - Landed 13 March - After 130 Days, Application APPROVED. Awaiting card.
@gabi1984 - Landed 13 March - Application Approved
@Selvan - Landed 13 March - Application Approved
@Jabya - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@2M - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - BC
@Rahu_24 - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@CIC Inland - Landed 14 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@nll - Landed 14 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Lansdowne, ON
@BonjourCA - Landed 15 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@dimash - Landed 17 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted") - Calgary, AB
@timmytam1184 - Landed 18 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@aabiola - Landed 24 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Islander216 - Landed 28 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Ethan_007 - Landed 31 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@eksray - Landed 13 April - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@sherry111 - Landed 23 April (by email) - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@kevinlphan - Landed 01 May - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Has anyone used the mail from the bank -- essentially the first mail when they send you your card -- as POA for SIN or OHIP?
SIN POA requirement seems a bit more relaxed than OHIP:

-- SIN --
"a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)"
----

-- OHIP --
"
monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts
  • does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts
"
----

It's weird that bank 'letters' are not accepted for OHIP - whatever they might mean by 'letters'..

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Has anyone used the mail from the bank -- essentially the first mail when they send you your card -- as POA for SIN or OHIP?
SIN POA requirement seems a bit more relaxed than OHIP:

-- SIN --
"a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)"
----

-- OHIP --
"
monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts
  • does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts
"
----

It's weird that bank 'letters' are not accepted for OHIP - whatever they might mean by 'letters'..
Hi - please post this in appropriate thread.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi..
My husband and I landed on June 25 2020 and after couple of days of landing I linked my PR card application to my profile but not able to do his. He is the dependent. Have sent multiple web forms and replied them with the info they requested but still no solution. His city of birth is SALEM TAMILNADU in his passport and it’s just Salem in his COPR and I have tried all possible combo with caps, small letters, spaces, and commas... did anyone face this kind of issue ? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a ton in advance :)

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi..
My husband and I landed on June 25 2020 and after couple of days of landing I linked my PR card application to my profile but not able to do his. He is the dependent. Have sent multiple web forms and replied them with the info they requested but still no solution. His city of birth is SALEM TAMILNADU in his passport and it’s just Salem in his COPR and I have tried all possible combo with caps, small letters, spaces, and commas... did anyone face this kind of issue ? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a ton in advance :)
There are absolutely No need to link the PR Card application and currently people who landed in March and April are receiving their cards so I think you still need to wait a month or less and you will get your PR card in the mail on Canadian address. Meanwhile you can apply all mandatory services by using your COPR.
don’t worry you are a permanent residents of Canada
Good luck

Reactions: SaraRahul

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hey, thanks for the update. I too landed on Feb 13th. on Feb 26th I got mail to resubmit my photo to IRCC. I took the photo on the very next day and mailed it to them. The photo reached Sydney, Nova Scotia on March 4th. Since then there was no update from their side. on April 10 the I raised the web form asking if they actually receive my photo and about the progress. I had attached my Xpressspost tracking receipt and photo resubmission request letter along with the web form. I got the following response from them on April 17th :
"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before February 6, 2020.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

"

Did you link your PR card application to the Online IRCC account? if yes did they sent a notification via IRCC account when they dispatched PR card to your old address?
Hi @abrahamp Have you received your PR card after photo re-submission?

Sukhmmaann

Jun 22, 2020
Hi..
Hi
Put city,state all in capitals it will work

Reactions: SaraRahul

DVRT

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please explain that how many "Ghost Updates" we will get before approval of PR card? I got one Ghost Update today but there is no change in the status, still, it's submitted on CIC website.
Thanks

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please explain that how many "Ghost Updates" we will get before approval of PR card? I got one Ghost Update today but there is no change in the status, still, it's submitted on CIC website.
Thanks
You get 2 updates in total. 1 ghost update, just like you now, and 1 real one stating the PR card had been mailed. I think most people in this thread have had the same experience.

Reactions: DVRT

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
You get 2 updates in total. 1 ghost update, just like you now, and 1 real one stating the PR card had been mailed. I think most people in this thread have had the same experience.
Hey @dashing_warrior (love that name :) ), do you get notified in ur email that there’s an update or anything to your application when there’s a gu? I only landed (electronically - Inland applicant) in June...photos & CoPR sent off to Montreal in June, so I don’t bother with checking my account (just yet, anyway). Trying to figure out if I may be missing anything by not checking. Thanks!

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hey @dashing_warrior (love that name :) ), do you get notified in ur email that there’s an update or anything to your application when there’s a gu? I only landed (electronically - Inland applicant) in June...photos & CoPR sent off to Montreal in June, so I don’t bother with checking my account (just yet, anyway). Trying to figure out if I may be missing anything by not checking. Thanks!
For GU, you won’t get email. You will get notification in email for the approval. I also send my photo and CoPR to Montreal in June