+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone applied for urgent processing of pr card?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just wanted to know did anyone applied for urgent processing of PR card?

If yes then how to apply?

Is it through Case specific enquiry (CSE) or some other way?

I am asking this because I just got PPR and I just sent my passport so may be planning to do flagpole once i get passport and copr in 3rd or 4th week of January 2016. So after that I have just 6 weeks before I travel as i am planning a trip in march.

And I checked pr card processing time changed from 42 days to 85 days and I have already planned a trip in March to my home country but looks tough with this processing time.

So just wondering how to apply for urgent processing of pr card.

I referred to this link but still I am not sure which option to select:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
ntwkengg said:
Hi,

I am asking this because I just got PPR and I just sent my passport so may be planning to do flagpole once i get passport and copr in 3rd or 4th week of January 2016. So after that I have just 6 weeks before I travel as i am planning a trip in march.

And I checked pr card processing time changed from 42 days to 85 days and I have already planned a trip in March to my home country but looks tough with this processing time.

I believe there is no premium processing for PR card , since you want to make a travel before the arrival of PR card i guess you can request for a travel document from CIC.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
ntwkengg said:
Hi,

Its the CSE route only. Not much luck with many people who tried to do it. They asked him to get a travel document.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
I think you should apply using the first link "have not applied and need urgent processing".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-not-submitted.asp

You can also take a look at Permanent resident travel document.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/index.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Urgent processing is for PR card renewals. It's not available for new immigrants.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Urgent processing is for PR card renewals. It's not available for new immigrants.

thank you all for your inputs. i will take a look at pr travel document application.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
Its the CSE route only. Not much luck with many people who tried to do it. They asked him to get a travel document.
hi kainthsimranjit,

i saw your timeline and it looks like you have received pr card just in a month.... so was it under normal processing or at that time process was smooth and no delays?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
ntwkengg said:
hi kainthsimranjit,

i saw your timeline and it looks like you have received pr card just in a month.... so was it under normal processing or at that time process was smooth and no delays?
processing time was like 2 weeks before 1 year. Then it gradually increased to 85 days as of today. :'(

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
and the same with post graduate work permit. when i applied, processing time was 24 days. Now its like 105 days :eek:

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAJ_ee2015 said:
and the same with post graduate work permit. when i applied, processing time was 24 days. Now its like 105 days :eek:

very true...

but kainthsimranjit timeline is for 2015 aug-sep he/she got pr card....

so looks very fast.

kainthsimranjit can you please how you were able to manage to get pr card so fast.
sorry to bother you. but its very imp for me to go in march and now looking at the current processing time it looks very tough. so just thinking of other ways which i can use and come back one is travel document but thats need to be submitted from outside canada so i feel that will be slow and i cannot return back in 3 weeks to canada.

any inputs?

thank you all.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
ntwkengg said:
very true...

but kainthsimranjit timeline is for 2015 aug-sep he/she got pr card....

so looks very fast.

kainthsimranjit can you please how you were able to manage to get pr card so fast.
sorry to bother you. but its very imp for me to go in march and now looking at the current processing time it looks very tough. so just thinking of other ways which i can use and come back one is travel document but thats need to be submitted from outside canada so i feel that will be slow and i cannot return back in 3 weeks to canada.

any inputs?

thank you all.
You can do landing procedure on your way back from India. Your pr visa will be valid until your Medicals expire. Assuming you did medical exam in June or July, you have enough time to do landing. So no need to worry about pr card if you have travel plans.