Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue_Star said:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. Here's my time line...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Currently waiting for oath letter...
P.S. I became a USA green card holder on may ,2012(my husband is US Citizen). I fulfilled residency requirement for Canadian citizenship.Currently residing in states, since I love Canada so much I'm hoping to be dual citizen.
Hi, it is not a problem to keep dual citizenship. But make sure do not miss the oath date. Usually they will give two weeks to appear for oath. Best of luck..

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue_Star>> which local office you deal with please ?

Abahoni >> did you notice her file go smoth and fast even because she have green card and her husband US citizen !!!

man please DONT vote for the Conservative party please

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abahoni said:
Hi, it is not a problem to keep dual citizenship. But make sure do not miss the oath date. Usually they will give two weeks to appear for oath. Best of luck..
Of course I will attend the oath. I'm trying to call CIC but the # is not working.

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:

Abahoni >> did you notice her file go smoth and fast even because she have green card and her husband US citizen !!!

I deal with Scarborough. I became US permanent resident after I apply for Canadian Citizenship.I know I have strong chance to go through RQ becoz at the time of my test, they took a copy of my USA immigrant visa but they've noticed that I got the visa after I applied for citizenship.

Would you mind to pm me Scarborough office #?

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:

It is normal for female applicants. Now a days all male applicants going through security and background checks before they do any test. So when is your test, when is your file transferred?

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abahoni said:
It is normal for female applicants. Now a days all male applicants going through security and background checks before they do any test. So when is your test, when is your file transferred?
I don't agree on this. My father(over 55) along with my two brothers(both are under 18) just received a letter today to appear on Feb 16 for identity check and show original document submitted during the application. Here is their time line....

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 30, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 30, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 18, 2012.

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
Hi Blue star,

Congratulations and good luck! Could you please tell us if you had to say when you applied for Canadian Citizenship that you have a US greencard in process? Your case is very smooth. Thank you in advance for your reply.

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Blue Star,

This is really very good news for all Scarborough applicants.
I have always one question whenever the file process fast, have you attached anything special ?
Do you know why it processed so fast, because everyone is waiting for long long time but no luck for many of them.
So why some of them lucky persons are getting so quick, is it random ?

Congratulations ... :)

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian2007 said:
Hi Blue star,

Congratulations and good luck! Could you please tell us if you had to say when you applied for Canadian Citizenship that you have a US greencard in process? Your case is very smooth. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Yes it was in process. My husband filled for my immigration to States on August 2011, I applied for Canadian Citizenship on May 2012. You can say it was in process but it was wasn't approved (There's difference between applying and approving). In the Citizenship application they asked if I'm a permanent resident of any other country and I said No, coz I didn't get approve and I didn't have green card that time. But if they asked me if I'm in process I would have to answere yes.
OFF Topic......
To be honest I wasn't excepting such smooth case as my husband lives in States and works for federal. He didn't want me to become Canadian citizen as I will be US citizen but my father wanted me to become Canadian as well.I was waiting eagerly for US Immigrant visa and it took 7 months to be approve and get te visa.

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tst said:
Blue Star,

This is really very good news for all Scarborough applicants.
I have always one question whenever the file process fast, have you attached anything special ?
Do you know why it processed so fast, because everyone is waiting for long long time but no luck for many of them.
So why some of them lucky persons are getting so quick, is it random ?

Congratulations ... :)
I didn't attached anything special. I attached copy of my drivers license, health card and passport along with the form. Nothing else. I was a single applicant. My father did a joint application with my two lil brothers and his case was fast too. But my mother(single applicant) applied on November 2011 and still waiting for a test date. So, CIC's average time is 21 month for 80% cases but may be luckily me and father fall on the other 20% cases. I think it's random.

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue_Star said:
I didn't attached anything special. I attached copy of my drivers license, health card and passport along with the form. Nothing else. I was a single applicant. My father did a joint application with my two lil brothers and his case was fast too. But my mother(single applicant) applied on November 2011 and still waiting for a test date. So, CIC's average time is 21 month for 80% cases but may be luckily me and father fall on the other 20% cases. I think it's random.
My file took 19 months in Scarborough.

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my file transfer to the dirt local office ( Scarborough ) in june 2012 and i know for sure my test will be October 2013

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
my file transfer to the dirt local office ( Scarborough ) in june 2012 and i know for sure my test will be October 2013
We both applied at the same time, I see your frustration. Do not lose hope. Be patient, you will get your test in March/April for sure. I got me test in nine month and oath in two month. And you will be taking long vacation as a Canadian citizen in October 2013!!!!!!!!!

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abahoni > > thanks man but NO the call center confirm that my test will be by October may be because i call them every day

and i have the power to get to know who deal with my file name and her phone number to so they punish me and make my

test by October to FK me ....plus im sure by October they will give me RQ so before i get FK all over :) like this

i have one more game to play it i will let every one know it so every one learn from my criminal mind :)

jimenezc

Jan 17, 2013
I just got word from a friend whose whole family had the test done a week prior to mine (Jan. 22) that they just received the OATH letter today Feb. 11. Their ceremony is on Feb. 20.

There is hope for quick turn outs after the test :D