+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Blue_Star said:
I deal with Scarborough. I became US permanent resident after I apply for Canadian Citizenship.I know I have strong chance to go through RQ becoz at the time of my test, they took a copy of my USA immigrant visa but they've noticed that I got the visa after I applied for citizenship.

Would you mind to pm me Scarborough office #?
I am very surprised you didn't get RQ at the test center. I'll be also very surprised if you are invited to an oath ceremony without getting RQ.

amimonga

Jan 28, 2013
They do not ask if you have applied. They ask if you already are a permanent resident anywhere else. Technically she did not do anything wrong as her GC app was in process and she did not have the resident status yet

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
amimonga said:
They do not ask if you have applied. They ask if you already are a permanent resident anywhere else. Technically she did not do anything wrong as her GC app was in process and she did not have the resident status yet
I heard so many people getting RQ at test center because they have simply US visa stamps, not to mention US visas B1, H1B, F1. I heard if you have US PR, it's automatic RQ.

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocosyr said:
I am very surprised you didn't get RQ at the test center. I'll be also very surprised if you are invited to an oath ceremony without getting RQ.
I'm surprised too :eek: I thik if you expect something to happen soon it doesn't happen and when you don't expect anything from something that happens quicker. I wasn't expecting to have such a fast test :-[

seby01

Feb 13, 2013
hey you all,

wife had the test on jan 10 ( letter for test was mailed out on dec 31) . today she got the letter for oath feb 25 ( letter mailed out feb 11 ) . it does not show on her online account.

good luck all !!!

PS she applied for citizenship on august 2011

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seby01 said:
hey you all,

wife had the test on jan 10 ( letter for test was mailed out on dec 31) . today she got the letter for oath feb 25 ( letter mailed out feb 11 ) . it does not show on her online account.

good luck all !!!

PS she applied for citizenship on august 2011
Wow!! Congrats!!!! That's a really good news :D. Hopefully the result of our test will come soon....Thanks for updating us ;D

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seby01 >>> thanks man for your time and share with us the info ...please tell you wife DONT vote for Conservative party

amimonga

Jan 28, 2013
Seby01, congrats to you and your wife

Could you let us know when it updates on the status website. Just wondering what the lag is between letter and website update

seby01

Feb 13, 2013
amimonga said:
Seby01, congrats to you and your wife

Could you let us know when it updates on the status website. Just wondering what the lag is between letter and website update

Online status was updated early morning ( today )

jimenezc

Jan 17, 2013
Congrats Seby01!!

My test was on Jan. 22. I also know of a few more people who did the test in early January and got the oath letter a few days ago! I get the impression that CIC Scarborough is moving steady with apps. I have almost the same timeline as your wife as I applied in Sept. 2011. I am hoping and praying I too get the letter shortly if it isn't in my mailbox already haha.

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
I had my in the last week of January and just received my oath letter for the end of this month. I was not expecting such a quick response!

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JK145 said:
I had my in the last week of January and just received my oath letter for the end of this month. I was not expecting such a quick response!
What date was ur test? Can you share plz. I did my test on jan 28 but didn't get oath letter yet

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue_Star said:
Wow lucky you!!!! Good Luck or your Oath :D
If your application is single you will get oath soon, for family takes little longer. Seems Scarborough CIC is moving faster!!!

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abahoni said:
If your application is single you will get oath soon, for family takes little longer. Seems Scarborough CIC is moving faster!!!
I really hope so.Yes i am single applicant.Thanks for giving inspiration....