+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

mscecoger

Dec 26, 2012
Hello ivanlee4: You can gently ask them about your status. I asked her about my status (whether the file is still in the main office or moved to Scarborough and if moved to Scarborough, can you kindly tell me when it moved ..... ). Do you see any thing on the flie etc etc.

I d'not see any problem where the CIC representative may hesitate in telling you about the time since your file has been moved.

The ONLY problem is that each time, the answer is the same " we cannot guarantee you when your test would be but you can expect in ....".

I am still waiting but expecting my test in mid Feb or early March. :) :) :)

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mscecoger >>> when did your file transfer to the local office ?

ivanlee4

Jan 17, 2013
mscecoger said:
Hello ivanlee4: You can gently ask them about your status. I asked her about my status (whether the file is still in the main office or moved to Scarborough and if moved to Scarborough, can you kindly tell me when it moved ..... ). Do you see any thing on the flie etc etc.

I d'not see any problem where the CIC representative may hesitate in telling you about the time since your file has been moved.

The ONLY problem is that each time, the answer is the same " we cannot guarantee you when your test would be but you can expect in ....".

I am still waiting but expecting my test in mid Feb or early March. :) :) :)
mscecoger , Gamasa :
Again this is my time line, application submitted Dec 20/2011, started processing April 17/2012. Current online status "In Process". I called the CIC today (Jan 24/2013), the person said to me that my file was transferred to Scarborough office May 10/2012 (according to him, File transferred to local office does not necessarily appear in online status). Currently there is a SPECIAL DELAY of processing in Scarborough office, that I should expect to have a test in Sept 2013. If the test goes well, I should expect the oath 2 -3 months after the test.

MSCECOGER : if you have the test in Feb /March2013 as you expected, PLEASE UPDATE US. Thks

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nordicgirl said:
NOW I am Canadian!!! Woohoo!!! 8) :) ;D
Hi, congratulations!! you became citizen in 13 month, seems one of the most lucky person in the forum, are you in Scarborough CIC?

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, everyone!

Abahoni said:
Hi, congratulations!! you became citizen in 13 month, seems one of the most lucky person in the forum, are you in Scarborough CIC?
Yes, Scarborough. Scarborough is known for relatively short processing times.

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nordicgirl>>> can you please tell me how long it take since your file transfer to the local office until you get your test ?

and how long from your test to your oath ?

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
Nordicgirl>>> can you please tell me how long it take since your file transfer to the local office until you get your test ?

and how long from your test to your oath ?

I don`t know when it was transferred to the local office.

I sent the application in Jan 2012, acknowledgement receipt in March 2012, in process in May 2012, test in Dec 2012, oath in Jan 2013.

jimenezc

Jan 17, 2013
For all of us who took the citizenship test in January of 2013, please share your experience and when you get the oath letter in the post entitled: Toronto (Scarborough) Citizenship Test Results January 2013 :D

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimenezc >>> when your file transfer to the local office ?

jimenezc

Jan 17, 2013
gamasa said:
jimenezc >>> when your file transfer to the local office ?
I don't know when my file was transferred to the Scarborough office but here is my timeline so far:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter on September 19, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible.

We sent you a notice on January 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 22, 2013

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
siki said:
so i called them the local office is scarb.
Did the agent tell you at that time that your file was transferred to local office? Or he just said your local office is Scarborough?

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. Here's my time line...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Currently waiting for oath letter...
P.S. I became a USA green card holder on may ,2012(my husband is US Citizen). I fulfilled residency requirement for Canadian citizenship.Currently residing in states, since I love Canada so much I'm hoping to be dual citizen.