+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello! I received my Confirmation of PR in February. However, I never received an invitation to the Portal. I sent my COPR with a photo to the etobicoke office by mail but I haven't received anything from them yet. Does any of you had the same experience?

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi @Andftoe , could you please let me know what information is included in e-portal invitation email ? Does IRCC send a username/password to login? Thanks
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in
Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-
person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The
Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming
permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and
secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer
you today.
Through the PR Confirmation Portal:
 You will confirm you currently live in Canada
 You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent
resident card in the mail to this address)
 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll
use to print your PR card
 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able
to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in
the mail
Important notes:
 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to
use the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let
us know by replying to this message (click on reply): IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
 You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative
receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented
for their PR application until they were approved.
 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this
portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants.

Profiles for your dependants, who were under 18 years of age at the time you
applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.
 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and
dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent
residence, can either:
o allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account.
You will then act on behalf of them.
or
o give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to
create a new account and complete the steps on their own.
Let us know:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or
convicted of a criminal offence
What you need to do next:
 Reply (click on reply) to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address.
 Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other
dependant(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or
older at the time you applied for permanent residence):
o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.
o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included
in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you
applied for permanent residence).

In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and
paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and
location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time entered Canada:
 Location(Port of Entry):
If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special
needs, contact us by replying (click on reply) to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-
Sincerely,
Etobicoke
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Samuelguirguis

Mar 30, 2021
Hello! I received my Confirmation of PR in February. However, I never received an invitation to the Portal. I sent my COPR with a photo to the etobicoke office by mail but I haven't received anything from them yet. Does any of you had the same experience?
Same happened with me i sent a copr with photo since March 3 and i haven't received yet

Sharif4386

Oct 24, 2020
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in
Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-
person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The
Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming
permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and
secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer
you today.
Through the PR Confirmation Portal:
 You will confirm you currently live in Canada
 You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent
resident card in the mail to this address)
 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll
use to print your PR card
 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able
to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in
the mail
Important notes:
 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to
use the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let
us know by replying to this message (click on reply): IRCC.ClientPortal-
 You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative
receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented
for their PR application until they were approved.
 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this
portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants.

Profiles for your dependants, who were under 18 years of age at the time you
applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.
 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and
dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent
residence, can either:
o allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account.
You will then act on behalf of them.
or
o give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to
create a new account and complete the steps on their own.
Let us know:
You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:
 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
 death of
o the sponsor
o the principal applicant or
o any accompanying family member
 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or
convicted of a criminal offence
What you need to do next:
 Reply (click on reply) to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address.
 Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other
dependant(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or
older at the time you applied for permanent residence):
o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.
o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included
in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you
applied for permanent residence).

In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and
paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and
location):
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time entered Canada:
 Location(Port of Entry):
If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special
needs, contact us by replying (click on reply) to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-
Sincerely,
Etobicoke
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Hi , thanks for your reply. If this email is e-portal invite, then I also received this. But it doesn't have a tab to upload photo and confirm current address. Kindly elaborate if you can. Thank you

Adnan123

May 24, 2021
Hello, I just received my protected person letter. I want to apply for PR. The website says I can apply for PR online. will it be faster to apply using the online platform or by mailing the application?

Adnan123

May 24, 2021
Hi, I would suggest to apply online particularly at this time of Covid crisis.
Thank you!
I am trying to, but It shows errors when I try to upload documents. It worked fine yesterday, but it doesn't work today. I also have another question, do we have to upload our photo in the online application now or later? And does it really matter if the photo is a little bit older than 6 months?

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Same here, I send photos on 25 February but still haven't received any response from them.

• Sad
Reactions: ibraahim_

serkan06

Apr 20, 2020
Hi folks I got this letter from IRCC office months ago. But I have never been in these country that they mentioned (Mauritania,Senegal,USA)in the letter.Since then I am trying to contact with them but nobody answered my email and my phone call as well. I am kinda stuck and dont know what to do.It happened to anybody some problem? What to do next any suggestion?

This is the letter that I got :

Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Mauritania for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If you are for any reason unable to provide a Police Certificate from the applicable country, a written explanation as to why you are unable to do so is required, as well as any proof of correspondence with the authorities of that country in your attempt to obtain a Police Certificate from them. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20>

Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Senegal for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If you are for any reason unable to provide a Police Certificate from the applicable country, a written explanation as to why you are unable to do so is required, as well as any proof of correspondence with the authorities of that country in your attempt to obtain a Police Certificate from them. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20>

FBI Clearance: You have indicated that you have resided in the United States of America for more than 6 cumulative months since the age of 18. As a city or state level police certificate cannot be accepted. You may submit your FBI Clearance Certificate or the Electronic Identity History Summary. Instructions on how to obtain this document can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20

Capricorn99

Dec 22, 2020
Hello everyone! I am a March 2019 applicant. My principal applicant got his copr in January 2021 and got his card in February. Our approval letter came together in December but it stated that CIC will give me an appointment for an inteview to proceed the further process on my PR. And it’s been 4.5 months since then and I have received anything. I called Cic many times and even asked my local MP to make a call on my behalf to get some information regarding my application but they always tell the same thing that everything on my file is complete they don’t want anything further from my side just the final decision is missing.
Kindly share of someone had a similar experience and how long is the wait time in such situations also if there’s anything I can do on my part.
thanks!

Lily123

Apr 30, 2020
Hello everyone! I am a March 2019 applicant. My principal applicant got his copr in January 2021 and got his card in February. Our approval letter came together in December but it stated that CIC will give me an appointment for an inteview to proceed the further process on my PR. And it’s been 4.5 months since then and I have received anything. I called Cic many times and even asked my local MP to make a call on my behalf to get some information regarding my application but they always tell the same thing that everything on my file is complete they don’t want anything further from my side just the final decision is missing.
Kindly share of someone had a similar experience and how long is the wait time in such situations also if there’s anything I can do on my part.
thanks!
Nobody knew the officer how they were working on. Maybe you can try to apply for a GCMS about your issues . May you good luck.