+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

sam_can

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
chipits said:
Honestly, basing your plan on being in the top few percent probably wasn't a good idea (especially when you have a child, which can take longer to process, and it sounds as though your wife isn't a natural born citizen of Australia, which means that any additional checks that have to be done may take longer), and abandoning an application over a few months when you're going to be at one of the fastest visa offices in the world is pretty short sighted. There are couples who have to wait upwards of two years to have their applications processed, and you're looking at likely less than six months of being apart.
Thanks Again, if I decide to go out then I will withdrew the sponsorship application.
Another thing I have to mention here. My wife and daughter was given PR at the same time I got it , back in 2010, but stupidity , I validated only my PR , so I have to sponsor their visa now. Positive side is, it makes strong case that they have had PR already, proof of relationship is genuine.

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
Hello,
My application recieved Canada on Sep. 19th, sponorship approval on Oct. 26th. I emailed Sydney and they said they have our application but won't say how long it will take.

Does anyone know the current processing time for Sydney? Looks like it took 6 months all up for Minnie, congrats and congrats on the baby.

Also I forgot to include my husbands traffic history report as we are living in QLD. Has anyone forgot this, do they request it? I guess I better send it off. Does anyone know the address?

So from wha I have read they are still processing from July, so will it likely be a few months for September applicants?

Bought plane tickets for April. Hope to get back for a wedding and our new life in Canada with my family!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
By boyfriend's PPR arrived by email last night at 11:30 pm Toronto time !!!!

just like the other ones so far we have been asked to mail in photocopies along with appendix B, so I will be mailing it today as we hoping it gets to them before Christmas.

any advice on how to mail it from Canada? regular mail or express?

also, appendix B has a section about "how to return documentation" which obviously does not apply to us as we are just sending photocopies.... so I guess we just put N/A?

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

(sorry if u are reading this 3 times! we have 2 sydney forums and I didn't know which one to post on)

bluemolly

Dec 6, 2012
:D

Our application was received at the Mississauga on the 3rd of December. We just received email confirmation that sponsorship has been approved and the application will now be forwarded to Sydney. After just 7 days!!!!

It is such a surprise, we were not expecting to hear anything until next year.

Can anyone tell us what the processing times are like in Sydney at the moment?

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Congrats bluemolly and figgy!!

I have updated the spreadsheet. Bluemolly, you can find the spreadsheet link in my signature and check out approximate processing times for others this year. I think it gives you a better idea than the CIC website.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hmmmm ..........starting to feel left out of the ECAS in process party.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have dependants plus a spouse that they are sponsoring? I did read a couple of posts from people that they haven't heard anything since March or april and they thought it was due to the fact that they had dependants on their application. I'm hoping that this isn't the case. Any thoughts from anybody?

Cheers

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
figgy said:
By boyfriend's PPR arrived by email last night at 11:30 pm Toronto time !!!!

just like the other ones so far we have been asked to mail in photocopies along with appendix B, so I will be mailing it today as we hoping it gets to them before Christmas.

any advice on how to mail it from Canada? regular mail or express?

also, appendix B has a section about "how to return documentation" which obviously does not apply to us as we are just sending photocopies.... so I guess we just put N/A?

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

(sorry if u are reading this 3 times! we have 2 sydney forums and I didn't know which one to post on)
That is bloody awesome mate- I am so happy for you! :) :) :) Will have to update the July spreadsheet!!!!!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
marcopolocan said:
Hmmmm ..........starting to feel left out of the ECAS in process party.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have dependants plus a spouse that they are sponsoring? I did read a couple of posts from people that they haven't heard anything since March or april and they thought it was due to the fact that they had dependants on their application. I'm hoping that this isn't the case. Any thoughts from anybody?

Cheers
hey marcopolocan- I can imagine it would be really frustrating for you. I have a feeling you may be right- I have heard that other applicants with dependents have at some times waited longer. I myself have no dependents and my application was probably one of the thinnest with the least amount of evidence. It's possible that this might have meant a faster 'in process'...

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
thanks everyone!

for anyone else who gets their ppr soon.... I went to Canada post and sent the passport copies by registered mail, only to check my email and find that sydney had responded to my inquiry about sending it by email! annnd they said yes scanned and emailed is fine!(they replied in only a few hrs!)

so... I scanned and emailed it to them this afternoon and they replied with a "thank you email" within 5 mins! I just want this all done as quickly as possible so I don't really care that I spent time and money sending it by mail....

they seem to be working quickly leading up to christmas! fingers crossed for everyone else :)

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
figgy said:
thanks everyone!

for anyone else who gets their ppr soon.... I went to Canada post and sent the passport copies by registered mail, only to check my email and find that sydney had responded to my inquiry about sending it by email! annnd they said yes scanned and emailed is fine!(they replied in only a few hrs!)

so... I scanned and emailed it to them this afternoon and they replied with a "thank you email" within 5 mins! I just want this all done as quickly as possible so I don't really care that I spent time and money sending it by mail....

they seem to be working quickly leading up to christmas! fingers crossed for everyone else :)
that's fantastic! It may have already been written here before, but which email address did you send the scanned copies to?

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
this is the email address I sent the scanned copies to.... and that they responded from saying that emails are acceptable.

re-sydney.immigration@international.gc.ca

one massive pain is that once I scanned all the pages the files were too big to send in one email! so I had to set the scanner to re-scan at smaller sizes to be able to attach all into one email. not sure if anyone else had this problem, but it was really time consuming!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply Bagel.

Well, I'll stay positive for now not much else I can do. I've got plenty of evidence so I wouldn't think that was of any concern but who knows what they are looking for.

Cheers

B-Nation

Sep 25, 2012
Hey everyone

I got my COPR in the mail today and my E-cas changed to Decision Made.

Im in Australia right now so i will activate in when i return to Canada in a couple of weeks!!

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Hi there Marcopolocan, yeah this is my case..My application was filed on March 9,sponsorship approved late June and AOR from Sydney early July..to date, no correspondence whatsoever! I did e-mail them a couple of times and both got the ff. automated message.

DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear.....

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/03/09.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for Case Specific Enquiry.

When will CIC contact me?

CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect applications and consult the “What happens next†section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
Level 5, Quay West Building
111 Harrington Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia