Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
[quote author=Canstralian/Oznadian link=topic=46958.msg1929692#msg1929692 date=1354653785]
Congrats everyone on moving forward. I, however, am starting to lose my mind. We applied back in March and E-cas is still sitting at application received in Sydney. We sent them an email notifying of an address change and asking a question and rec'd a generic "we'll send this on to Sydney" email, but nothing from Sydney. It's very frustrating that they won't acknowledge even an email and yet I read the forum and they are replying to everyone else. Am I emailing to the wrong address? All I want for Christmas is my husband's PPR, is that too much to ask? :mad:

Thanks for letting me vent[/color
].
[/quote]
I think we are on the same boat!My application was sent on March 6,2012 . Since the sponsorship approval in June, I have not seen any movement and heard update on my application apart from Medicals received! I also sent an email asking for any status update in August and they replied with what you stated as generic reply.I have a son from my previous relationship but the nescessary custody letter was included in my application so I thought it should not be causing the delay...well this is the only reason I can see why they pushed mine at the back of the pack.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
marcopolocan said:
Hi Canstralian

I'd be pulling my hair out as well! Hang in there.....I just sent a change of address email asking Sydney to respond to the new email effective immediately and they replied in 2 days. All change of address information apparently has to be sent to the VO and at least 15 days notice prior to move.

I just told them the day I am moving and effective date of my new address and the effective date of new email and phone number.
They replied saying they have received the new details and updated their system. However, ECAS has the same address still.

Just email the VO and ask them to reply back to you that they have received the new address information AND confirming that their has not been any mail or email correspondence from the VO to you in that time.

Hi marcopolocan, what email address did you send it to? We used the case specific address on the website.
Good luck

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Hi yannie,

My husband has a son who would be considered a dependent child (even though he's 19). He's not coming to Canada, but we had his police check and medical done as requested. Maybe the children are the difference in processing???

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Hi canstralian , I think so to .I am getting really frustrated as our medicals and Police clearances will be expiring in February.The 8-9 months Sydney VO processing time will put me till March-April before I can make another follow-up, assuming that is the only time they will entertain my enquiry as my application would be then past their normal processing time..then I will be back to square one! I wonder if anybody out there had been in the same situation as ours before? :(

mfkdghdd

Apr 20, 2012
marcopolocan said:
@ mfkghdd

Were you asked by the VO to submit new photos? My understanding was that the photos you submit with your initial application are used for your COPR. I think the COPR as stated on the thread is a two page copy that will be proof of your PR until your PR card comes in about 3 months later.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Hi marcopolocan,

Yes as below:
  • Send your passport OR a photocopy of ALL pages of your current, valid passport(s) (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable.
  • Submit identification photographs to meet the enclosed Photograph Specifications

It seems photos are not requested for other applicants. My guess is that my timeline is slow so they need new photos since it's been a while, compared to others who're faster?? Too bad for me; While others can scan and email passports, because I need to send hard copies because of photos so may have to fork out $80 or so to use FedEx(used Canada Post Registered trackable mail service last time; it still shows 'In Transit'(no delivery confirmation) almost 1 month now(vs. 3-7 business day delivery standard).

I did try pushing my luck by asking whether I could scan and email photos; the answer is no.

Good luck with your application :)

Also do you know if I need to apply for PR card afterwards? CIC website states it will be sent automatically after landing. Since I'm inland already so not sure how it works.
Is COPR sufficient for my status before PR card? I want to change jobs so wonder if I have to wait for the PR card before I can do that...

Thanks

mfkdghdd

Apr 20, 2012
marcopolocan said:
Hi Canstralian

I'd be pulling my hair out as well! Hang in there.....I just sent a change of address email asking Sydney to respond to the new email effective immediately and they replied in 2 days. All change of address information apparently has to be sent to the VO and at least 15 days notice prior to move.

I just told them the day I am moving and effective date of my new address and the effective date of new email and phone number.
They replied saying they have received the new details and updated their system. However, ECAS has the same address still.

Just email the VO and ask them to reply back to you that they have received the new address information AND confirming that their has not been any mail or email correspondence from the VO to you in that time.

Good luck
Hi marcopolocan,

I never needed to change my address so may not be authoritative to answer your question. But in my case the City has been spelt wrong all along in E-CAS. All communications from VO have the correct spelling so sounds like the E-CAS address is different and of less/no importance. You got their email conformation too so I think you are ok :)

sam_can

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Dear Friends,

Hope someone can help me this

I migrated to Canada recently , sponsored my wife and daughter , they are Australian residents . Since the process takes nearly 6 months I asked my wife to come to US and stay here with her brother so I am able to make frequent visits to US and see them very often.

I and my wife prefer not to go back to Australia and get the stamping through post ( provided interview is waived ). Also it is very expensive going back and flying again to Canada.

Here is the problem

Sponsorship approved from Mississauga on Oct 29th and file transferred to Sydney , we have not received acknowledgment from Sydney so far . My wife i94 ( US b2 visa ) expires on Feb -9th , is there any chance that she might get PPR before first week of JAN-2013 so that she can get the stamping done before FEB 9th and move to Canada ?. I am expecting ARO and PPR within 4 weeks , is this possible with Sydney office !

Or is there any other alternate solution for this ? if the case is delayed !

Please help

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Yannie, I completely understand, our medicals and police clearances expire in January and March is our outset date. Soooooo frustrating.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Guys

email address I have used is:

re-sydney.immigration@international.gc.ca

The case specific email can take at least 28 days they say to get a reply (I forget what to do after two days!!)
good luck

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi mfkdghdd

If you're already in Canada. I believe when you get your COPR you will have to do the landing process (reenter at the border and land officially). Make sure when you land that the border officer knows your correct address as this is where you will get your PR card. You can't travel on your COPR you need your PR card. However, if you do need to travel, I believe you can get a travel document.

As for the photos.... yours may not have met with specifications outlined so they may be requesting new ones. Just make sure they meet ALL specs for the photos. I even had ours done in Black and white to avoid glare and measured head size etc. But I'm pretty certain that the photos we submit are used for the COPR/PR's.

Good luck

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Totally late on this, but congratulations Minnie!!! And also to everyone else whose applications are moving forward swimmingly!

mfkdghdd

Apr 20, 2012
marcopolocan said:
Hi mfkdghdd

If you're already in Canada. I believe when you get your COPR you will have to do the landing process (reenter at the border and land officially). Make sure when you land that the border officer knows your correct address as this is where you will get your PR card. You can't travel on your COPR you need your PR card. However, if you do need to travel, I believe you can get a travel document.

As for the photos.... yours may not have met with specifications outlined so they may be requesting new ones. Just make sure they meet ALL specs for the photos. I even had ours done in Black and white to avoid glare and measured head size etc. But I'm pretty certain that the photos we submit are used for the COPR/PR's.

Good luck
I hope there're some detailed 'What's next'/What you need to do/How to instructions along with the COPR. Re-entry sounds like a hassle. I will have to make a special trip for that(maybe time for a quick shopping trip in US). PR should commence based on COPR, not PR card I'd hope. I could use my work authorization to re-enter if necessary.

Photos submitted in my original application were not being rejected/returned as far as I know. They even stuck 1 on the medical form by the VO. Maybe they were misplaced? Anyway I sent back the docs requested via FedEx today...

Good luck to you too and thanks for answering my questions :)

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
sam_can said:
Dear Friends,

Hope someone can help me this

I migrated to Canada recently , sponsored my wife and daughter , they are Australian residents . Since the process takes nearly 6 months I asked my wife to come to US and stay here with her brother so I am able to make frequent visits to US and see them very often.

I and my wife prefer not to go back to Australia and get the stamping through post ( provided interview is waived ). Also it is very expensive going back and flying again to Canada.

Here is the problem

Sponsorship approved from Mississauga on Oct 29th and file transferred to Sydney , we have not received acknowledgment from Sydney so far . My wife i94 ( US b2 visa ) expires on Feb -9th , is there any chance that she might get PPR before first week of JAN-2013 so that she can get the stamping done before FEB 9th and move to Canada ?. I am expecting ARO and PPR within 4 weeks , is this possible with Sydney office !

Or is there any other alternate solution for this ? if the case is delayed !

Please help
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the odds are she won't be approved before February. 80% of the applications are taking 9 months to process at the moment, so you're looking at August of 2013 or perhaps earlier, but I wouldn't count on six months earlier.

sam_can

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
chipits said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the odds are she won't be approved before February. 80% of the applications are taking 9 months to process at the moment, so you're looking at August of 2013 or perhaps earlier, but I wouldn't count on six months earlier.
Thanks for the reply

SYDNEY processing time was only 6 months back in Augusts when we started this application , I don’t know when they changed to 9 months. Also 30 to 40% cases received PPR within 3 months , all my plans are based on this . it is very hard to stay away from family for long time , I may have to go back to Australia now leaving all the Canada dreams behind !

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
sam_can said:
Thanks for the reply

SYDNEY processing time was only 6 months back in Augusts when we started this application , I don't know when they changed to 9 months. Also 30 to 40% cases received PPR within 3 months , all my plans are based on this . it is very hard to stay away from family for long time , I may have to go back to Australia now leaving all the Canada dreams behind !
Honestly, basing your plan on being in the top few percent probably wasn't a good idea (especially when you have a child, which can take longer to process, and it sounds as though your wife isn't a natural born citizen of Australia, which means that any additional checks that have to be done may take longer), and abandoning an application over a few months when you're going to be at one of the fastest visa offices in the world is pretty short sighted. There are couples who have to wait upwards of two years to have their applications processed, and you're looking at likely less than six months of being apart.