+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
That's so amazing for all of you July people!! I really hope your applications all go through really quickly and you get your PRs before Christmas!!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi yannie,

Yes I had the same initial email from them as well. However, they have been pretty good at responding to my emails (about study permits and change of address and also about sending copies of passports). So I have had communication from the VO. They have also updated my change of address request on ECAS at the same time as other July applicants have moved on to "in process" status.

Do you have dependants on your application? If so, did you have Court orders for custody or just a letter form your ex giving permission to move?

Cheers

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
B-Nation said:
Hey everyone

I got my COPR in the mail today and my E-cas changed to Decision Made.

Im in Australia right now so i will activate in when i return to Canada in a couple of weeks!!
congrats b nation!!! that is so freaken awesome. i will update the spreadsheet in the next day or so, im actually sitting in sydney airport right now waiting for my flight back to vancouver and then on to calgary and the ss is a pain in the butt on my phone.

its been quite an exciting week for the sydney applicants!

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Hey guys, I got my Stage 1 approval as well. i got this from them on December 7 including the UCI number which i can use to log in to CIC website.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."

When i checked online it said file received on October 31st 2012 while i told to put oct 22 when i sent the file in spreadsheet. I would like to request update to the spread sheet

File Received : Oct 31, 2012
Stage 1 Approval and File transfer email : 07 Dec 2012

Now the waiting part begins.

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Marcopolocan, I only have a notarized letter from my Ex as we did not tackle about custody when we had the divorce.We have a son.The letter stated "Permission to study/relocate anywhere indefinitely or until the child reaches age of majority .He is now 12. I assume this will suffice since I was given a three years work permit without request for further documentations.It just seem unreal that my file has been sitting at the back of some officer's desk just because of having a dependent?I could not think of any other reason which could have caused the delay.Every single document is there to prove our relationship,including Birth certificate and passport of our child who was born here in Canada.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
mrlahori said:
Hey guys, I got my Stage 1 approval as well. i got this from them on December 7 including the UCI number which i can use to log in to CIC website.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."

When i checked online it said file received on October 31st 2012 while i told to put oct 22 when i sent the file in spreadsheet. I would like to request update to the spread sheet

File Received : Oct 31, 2012
Stage 1 Approval and File transfer email : 07 Dec 2012

Now the waiting part begins.
Congrats!! I have updated the spreadsheet.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Yannie,
I'm a bit confused....... Are you already in Canada with a work permit? Are you just sponsoring your son now or as part of the spousal/dependant application or is he with you in Canada? How long since your application was received by the VO (I'm assuming you're with sydney?)..

What you might be able to try:
1) If you are in Canada.... you can order your CAIPS/GCMS notes which will tell you exactly where your file is in processing and what is holding it up. If you are not in Canada, I believe there are companies that will do it for you for about $40. It takes about 30 days to get the notes.
I'm thinking about doing this but its a bit early for me......their may still be hope that it will only be a slight delay. We have custody orders and an order from the Court that our dependant can move to Canada.

2) The other thing I would try is email the VO and just ask in the email that you are just trying to confirm that you you have not missed any communication from them as you had some internet problems. I know its a little white lie but hopefully they will reply and tell you that we are still working on the file or something along those lines.

Well...good luck and let me know how you get on
Cheers

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Hi Marcopolocan, yes we are currently in Canada including my son.We arrive December 2010 by virtue of my 3 years work permit( I had an LMO for a job) .We did not apply for residency straight away as like others, we wanted to test the waters first.It turned out we like it here.Sydney VO sent me an acknowledgement email on July 23. Lol! I actually did exatcly your no.2 suggestion way back in September, that is when I got the automated reply.Nothing further.
You suggested If you are in Canada.... you can order your CAIPS/GCMS notes which will tell you exactly where your file is in processing and what is holding it up. Could you kindly elaborate how to go about it? Do I call a number or send letter to some department of the immigration ?Whereabouts can I get more information from this please? I never knew this option is possible!Thanks.

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Marcopolocan, I just found the thread/link on how to request for my CAIPS/GCMS.Thanks again for bringing this up.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Yannie

Strange that your son has been with you in Canada for 2 years and you're still having delays. I would have thought that would be a more straight forward case (custody wise) than if you were applying from outside Canada where the other biological parent lives.

There may be other aspects of the application they are considering. Hopefully, the CAIPS/GCMS notes will shed some light.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Cheers

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Hi Marcopolocan and Yannie,

We've sent 2 emails now, one "case specific" to the address they provide and one to the address you listed Marcopolocan and have not heard a word back. I find it very frustrating the inconsistency in processing of files. I feel like they open them and say....oh, dependent child, let's leave this one for later because I don't feel like dealing with it now. My husband's son is 19. He has no intention of coming to Canada except perhaps to visit us, but we jumped through all the hoops necessary to submit a complete application including $450.00 for the medical and $150.00 for the police certificate. Time is ticking away on the validity of those certificates and I foresee another $1200.00 to have them done again. It just isn't right when I see others post that the visa office gets back to them in 48 hours or whatever...

Sometimes I just need to vent.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Can/Oz

I can understand your frustration. Believe me it worries me that the possibility of dependants may slow the application down even after we have gone through the Courts and done everything by the law or the book so to speak. Again your situation with a 19 year old (age of majority) would have been relatively easy I would have thought because of he is an adult now?

Maybe try ordering your notes as well just to see why your application is held up. Thats really all you can do at this stage.
Cheers

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Hi Marcopolocan, I was just about to complete requesting my CAIPS ,though it is another burden to wait for 4-6 weeks for the results to come in, here's hoping immigration may find it in their holiday spirit to process our file before 2012 ends! I will update what will transpire next.
Hi Canstralian/Oznadian, I hope they have not forgotten and misplaced our files.I am still trying to be very patient and optimistic that we will beat the expiry deadlines 8).

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
my boyfriend's ecas changed to "decision made" it could have been yesterday, or today it doesn't mention a date, but that we will be contacted shortly regarding the decision! so we just have to wait for the letter to get here and it's all done! we are hoping it comes before xmas because we leave for the UK on boxing day and it would be great to do his "landing" on the way back into Toronto in January!

good luck to everyone else :)

Kiwikiwi

Dec 15, 2012
Hi all,

I have been following this thread for a while with out contributing at all, it has been a very useful source and i thought it was probably about time to add my dates to the spreadsheet to help others gauge how fast things have been moving along at the Sydney office.

Submitted the Application on July 30 2012
Approval to Sponsor notification email received on October 10th 2012
Application received in Sydney visa office notification email October 30th 2012
ECAS status changed to 'in process' December 6th 2012, it also says medical results have been received.
hopefully someone can work out how that fits into the spreadsheet as i am a little unsure what each stage is.

From what i can tell i am close to getting a decision, unfortunately it hasn't come soon enough as my previous work permit expired on the 7th of December, i was able to get another A-LMO in time to continue working, but i had to pay a lawyer to do the paper work right and it may only be needed for the next 6 weeks, if i am lucky.

One thing that may hold me up is a previous NZ drink driving conviction, NZ have a lesser limit than Canada for people under 19, i blew just over it about 5 years ago. it would not be considered an offense if the same thing happened in Canada. i have now got 3 separate work permits and only the first one ( which was a WHP processed in sydney) was delayed at all. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might happen in this case? everything was disclosed fully in the application accompanied by many court documents and notes from my previous immigration file.

Thanks everyone.