23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
@OZinON

yes, my boyfriend and I are both living and working in toronto. he is year on a 2 year working holiday visa. we applied through sydney mid-july and hopefully will hear something in the new year. his 2 year visa expires in june so if we don't get PR by then, he will just re-apply for another one.

outland was much better for us as we wanted to be able to leave canada and come back in as many times as we wanted....which I beleive you can't do if you apply inland.

i've heard outland is always best unless there is some major issue (not sure what) that makes it necessary for you to apply inland.

so far it's been a smooth process for us :)

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Congrats Minnie that is awesome!!!! I have updated the spreadsheet for you. Let us know your plans for landing and how it all goes.

I am in NZ visiting my family at the moment, I flew via Sydney and wow did I get a shock when I got off the plane into 33 degrees!! I left Calgary at -22 and a snowstorm, so a 55 degree change in temp in twenty something hours in pretty hard on the body.
Of course now that I am back in NZ everyone is giving me the hard sell to move back to NZ with J and I just keep saying that after going through all this immigration drama there is no way I am gonna finally get PR and then turn around and do it all over again for him!! I need to get my moneys worth. lol.

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Hahah! I went through the entire Australian permanent residency process (two and a half years and almost $3000!) and then like two months later we decided to move to Canada and are doing it all over again.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
rachiy said:
Congrats Minnie that is awesome!!!! I have updated the spreadsheet for you. Let us know your plans for landing and how it all goes.

I am in NZ visiting my family at the moment, I flew via Sydney and wow did I get a shock when I got off the plane into 33 degrees!! I left Calgary at -22 and a snowstorm, so a 55 degree change in temp in twenty something hours in pretty hard on the body.
Of course now that I am back in NZ everyone is giving me the hard sell to move back to NZ with J and I just keep saying that after going through all this immigration drama there is no way I am gonna finally get PR and then turn around and do it all over again for him!! I need to get my moneys worth. lol.
thanks Rachiy and chipits... :) I know it's hard to go from -22 to +33 in a few days' time. goodness now that i have my hands on this pr paper, my doctor doesn't allow me to fly... :D i'm pregnant and so he said i must wait till I'm in my second trimester to fly. it will be around February, just right into the depth of winter. i'm so eager to go early - tickets bought for 7/12 but God has pther plans now.

mfkdghdd

Apr 20, 2012
B-Nation said:
So i finally got an answer back, they replied saying that i only need to send copies of my passport not the original. and that i can send a scanned version of it rather than posting it...also that i can send in a scanned version of appendix B

they certainly didn't make it clear on the original request....oh well
Hi B-Nation,

Congrats on your approaching the finish line. I also got an email from them saying I'm in the final stage of processing:

1. It mentioned completing Appendix B, which however was not attached. Do you mind posting a copy here?
2. It asked for 4 recent photos(photo specs attached to the email), together with passport or passport copy of all pages. Were you asked for photos?

I'm also contemplating emailing back a scanned copy of my passport, but it wouldn't work since I need to send in original photos in mail. Just wondering if I am the only one who needs to send in actual photos?

Thanks so much for your help.

p.s. I'm also in Canada. Does anyone know how the visa will be affixed to my actual passport if I just email them a scanned version?

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
chipits said:
Hahah! I went through the entire Australian permanent residency process (two and a half years and almost $3000!) and then like two months later we decided to move to Canada and are doing it all over again.
We seriously just did the same thing... Only just got the PR back for Australia... My fiance was like "I'm not leaving til I get it" mainly because he has been here for four years and wanted to have something to show for his efforts (an expensive point to make). Still, Canada is where we will be permanently residing from here on out!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Speaking of which, I just got this email from Sydney VO:

Dear Xxxxxxxxx:

Initial assessment of your application has been completed and your selection interview has been waived. You are not being asked to attend an interview at this time. However, until our office completes the processing of your application you may still be required to attend an interview for the purpose of ensuring that you are admissible to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures for yourself
You are required to provide this information before: 2 February 2013. Failure to provide this information may result in your application being refused

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Please keep this office appraised of any changes of address or telephone. Please note that we respond only to correspondence in English or French.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section,
Sydney (Australia)

Bizarre thing is- i already sent this form (original to the VO two months ago) Oh well- I am glad it looks like they are looking at my file!

Here's hoping I receive a PPR soon :)

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Congrats Minnie on your pregnancy!

Congrats Cansponsoringaussie on your PR card!

Congrats Bagel on the email!! (It can only be a good thing right?)

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Ditto to what Rachiy said.

Good news all round.

Bagel really glad to see that email, has to be close to being processed than.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
@ mfkghdd

Were you asked by the VO to submit new photos? My understanding was that the photos you submit with your initial application are used for your COPR. I think the COPR as stated on the thread is a two page copy that will be proof of your PR until your PR card comes in about 3 months later.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Miniejungle is pregnant? Congratulations!!!!! :) :) :)
Wonderful news!
Thanks rachiy and marcopolocan- Yep any correspondence is a good thing!
I think I will have to resend my photos eventually too, as my head was wayyyy too big in the ones I sent them (it was the camera setting, hopefully not reality)

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Congrats everyone on moving forward. I, however, am starting to lose my mind. We applied back in March and E-cas is still sitting at application received in Sydney. We sent them an email notifying of an address change and asking a question and rec'd a generic "we'll send this on to Sydney" email, but nothing from Sydney. It's very frustrating that they won't acknowledge even an email and yet I read the forum and they are replying to everyone else. Am I emailing to the wrong address? All I want for Christmas is my husband's PPR, is that too much to ask? :mad:

Thanks for letting me vent.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Canstralian

I'd be pulling my hair out as well! Hang in there.....I just sent a change of address email asking Sydney to respond to the new email effective immediately and they replied in 2 days. All change of address information apparently has to be sent to the VO and at least 15 days notice prior to move.

I just told them the day I am moving and effective date of my new address and the effective date of new email and phone number.
They replied saying they have received the new details and updated their system. However, ECAS has the same address still.

Just email the VO and ask them to reply back to you that they have received the new address information AND confirming that their has not been any mail or email correspondence from the VO to you in that time.

Good luck