+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Zino19

Apr 6, 2020
Hello everyone

I'm a newbie in this group, I will like to congratulate everyone that has passed through this journey. And I will appreciate if you can be of help as regards my application. my husband submitted sponsorship application for I and my son feb 2019, and they have requested for my biometrics, police reports and medicalS which was done in August 2019 that was the last time I heard from them, anytime I send a message to them , I get the same answer that still in processing. And I haven't hrd anything again till now. Pls do you think there is a problem. Thank you

Have u checked ur status online using Ecas or GCkey account?

chimaswifey

Mar 3, 2019
Hello everyone

I'm a newbie in this group, I will like to congratulate everyone that has passed through this journey. And I will appreciate if you can be of help as regards my application. my husband submitted sponsorship application for I and my son feb 2019, and they have requested for my biometrics, police reports and medicalS which was done in August 2019 that was the last time I heard from them, anytime I send a message to them , I get the same answer that still in processing. And I haven't hrd anything again till now. Pls do you think there is a problem. Thank you

Hi Marykepo, in your situation, I would suggest you order your GCMS notes (they take 30 days to process) This will give you some insight with regards to which stage they are in. While your GCMS notes are processing I would also speak to your respective Member of Parliament (MP). They will be able to call IRCC on your behalf and give more insight as to why your file seems to be stuck. I applied for sponsorship for my husband in July 2019 and our application was processed by the end of January 2020. We frequently spoke with our MP when we had concerns with processing of our application. There is a general "bring forward" date on every application. Sometimes the Accra office is a bit sloppy so they may have missed yours. I hope this helps! I know the journey can be long and stressful but considering your application was submitted in Feb 2019, I would expect them complete your application rather soon.

Reactions: Pryncess99

MimGlo

Jan 5, 2019
Hello All,

A bit at my wits end as I'm yet to receive feedback from AVO regarding my application. My timeline is:
Submission: March 20, 2019.
AoR: March 23, 2019.
Biometrics: May 4, 2019.
ADRs: July 4 & July 22, 2019. Notification of birth of new baby in August and subsequent ADR on October 16, 2019.
GCMS Requested: February 16, 2020. GCMS result received on March 20, 2020 and indicated that Eligibility passed, medicals expired but security, background etc - in progress no updates since then and no significant feedback from AVO despite repeated enquiries.
Any opinions please?

MimGlo

Jan 5, 2019
Hello All,

A bit at my wits end as I'm yet to receive feedback from AVO regarding my application. My timeline is:
Submission: March 20, 2019.
AoR: March 23, 2019.
Biometrics: May 4, 2019.
ADRs: July 4 & July 22, 2019. Notification of birth of new baby in August and subsequent ADR on October 16, 2019.
GCMS Requested: February 16, 2020. GCMS result received on March 20, 2020 and indicated that Eligibility: Recommended passed,
Info sharing: On-going
Medicals: expired
Security, Background etc - NOT STARTED!
Yet no updates since then and no significant feedback from AVO despite repeated enquiries.
Any opinions please?

DMANNNN

Apr 15, 2020
Hi guys,
I am new here and would appreciate your advise on the way forward.

• Application submitted in April 2019
• AOR on April 14, 2019
• Schedule A request on May 23, 2019
• BIOMETRICS on May 27, 2019
• ADR July 4th, 2019

It has been a year since I submitted my application. I have messaged the Accra office repeatedly and I have been told I am on a Queue. I am tired!!!

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Hi guys,

• AOR on April 14, 2019
• ADR July 4th, 2019

It has been a year since I submitted my application. I have messaged the Accra office repeatedly and I have been told I am on a Queue. I am tired!!!
Hi dear.
Very sorry about your frustration.
I have been told the same thing. I wish we had an insight on their thinking process.

MimGlo

Jan 5, 2019
Hi guys,

• AOR on April 14, 2019
• ADR July 4th, 2019

We seem to have similar timelines.......and like you, I'm still waiting for feedback from AVO. Hopefully we will receive positive responses soonest.

MimGlo

Jan 5, 2019
Hi guys,

• AOR on April 14, 2019
• ADR July 4th, 2019

Hello,

Any luck with your application yet? Can we connect for a chat?

Marykepo

Jun 7, 2019
Hi Marykepo, in your situation, I would suggest you order your GCMS notes (they take 30 days to process) This will give you some insight with regards to which stage they are in. While your GCMS notes are processing I would also speak to your respective Member of Parliament (MP). They will be able to call IRCC on your behalf and give more insight as to why your file seems to be stuck. I applied for sponsorship for my husband in July 2019 and our application was processed by the end of January 2020. We frequently spoke with our MP when we had concerns with processing of our application. There is a general "bring forward" date on every application. Sometimes the Accra office is a bit sloppy so they may have missed yours. I hope this helps! I know the journey can be long and stressful but considering your application was submitted in Feb 2019, I would expect them complete your application rather soon.
Thank you so much, I will work on that