+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

MimGlo

Jan 5, 2019
A few friends informed me that they received ghost updates and that the time bar is no more available on their profiles. Anyone with similar experience here?

MKML

Jan 17, 2020
Is the officice open guys? Please let us know!
Thanks
Please I spoke with someone who worked with Canada Ghana Chambers who said the consulate was closed down and they took their people back to Canada when the virus become serious in Canada to stay with their families but he said they could be coming back next week to start work. Which is the reason we haven't heard from them in fact they are not working on applications until they come back to Accra. I am hoping they resume next week like he said.

Reactions: Canada&CO

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Please I spoke with someone who worked with Canada Ghana Chambers who said the consulate was closed down and they took their people back to Canada when the virus become serious in Canada to stay with their families but he said they could be coming back next week to start work. Which is the reason we haven't heard from them in fact they are not working on applications until they come back to Accra. I am hoping they resume next week like he said.
Thank you very much. Please keep us posted if you have any more information

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
Immediate Family Members of Citizens and Permanent Residents are now exempt from travel restrictions as long as they have no COVID-19 symptoms.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2020/06/changes-to-travel-restrictions-for-immediate-family-members-of-canadian-citizens-and-permanent-residents.html

This was announced earlier today by the Prime Minister during his daily COVID-19 briefing.
Prior to this change, immediate family members had to proof their travel was essential.

----
For those of us who have received Passport Request since 3 months now, I just need to know if our spouses can get expedited processing. I'm going to write Canada HC in Accra and Lagos cos my wife is now exhausted.

Reactions: Berntutu

stacie

May 5, 2020
Wow this is the most amazing surprising news i have heard in a long time. I have read the mail over and over and over and over. It can only be God. We received PPR today
Application sent 2019-08-16
Application received Sydney office: 2019-08-21
AOR: 2019-09-25
Sponsors Approval 2019-09-25
Bio-metrics Fee Request 2019-09-27
Transfer to Accra Office: 2019-10-09
Bio-metrics Request Letter 2019-10-09
Bio-metrics Completed 2019-10-10
Pre_arrival letter 2020-02-01
Medical Request: 2020-02-04
Passport Request 2020- 02-05

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
Guys get in touch with your MP, maybe we can influence a policy change. Just talked to mine. I left a message and she called back. She said she's got 75 cases from her constituent alone where the applicant just needs to send passports to the visa office. She promised to give me feedback.

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Guys get in touch with your MP, maybe we can influence a policy change. Just talked to mine. I left a message and she called back. She said she's got 75 cases from her constituent alone where the applicant just needs to send passports to the visa office. She promised to give me feedback.
What does that mean exactly?