+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Can applicants actually visit the AVO and speak with the visa officers personally or see the high commissioner with concerns?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
To see the minister in Toronto you have to request an appt and then granted prior to any visitation.

As to Avo i am not sure if they take appointments.. can anyone share experience if one can go see AVO

goddess2017

Sep 13, 2017
Still searching for answers! Do you know if the delay between the marriage date and the application date may explain why AVO something hold on propice some applications? I mean, in my case I got married on 29th December and send my application on 20th January and they receive it on 24th January. So we applied just 3 weeks after the wedding. Do you think that this can explain why they hold our application with no new since then? People who got Visa in less than 12 monts what is the delay between your marriage and application date? Same question for those whom's application was processed in more than 12 months. This may help next applicants if my assumptions come true. Thank you for your answers and good luck to everyone.
I mean that logic should never hold grounds if they use that as a reason to delay. The reason why you are applying early after the marriage is because of course you want your partner to be with you. No marriage should be long distance and I am sure if hey are smart they should that especially fresh and new marriages. The couples need to be together asap and start out their lives, two people cannot plan out their lives from a distance.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Stay strong my dear. I am so frustrated too. Our application reached 12 months on 24th January and we still don't have any response from AVO. Yesterday I left my husband one more time with no idea when we will be together. It is very difficult. Once we got a response I will surely sign a petition and try to share my experiment publicly to let everybody know that what Justin Trudeau is saying on TV is fare away from what we are experienced in really life. It is a service, we paid for that. It is not supposed to be a favor or a gift from them. We should do something to make this steps easier for next people who will have to support the indifference and silence of AVO. Can you imagine 12months with no word, any idea about what is going on with your application. 12months with no big plan!
I hope u have msg'd them and your MPP because you have passed the one year mark when they can intervene . it is sooooo upsetting

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Still searching for answers! Do you know if the delay between the marriage date and the application date may explain why AVO something hold on propice some applications? I mean, in my case I got married on 29th December and send my application on 20th January and they receive it on 24th January. So we applied just 3 weeks after the wedding. Do you think that this can explain why they hold our application with no new since then? People who got Visa in less than 12 monts what is the delay between your marriage and application date? Same question for those whom's application was processed in more than 12 months. This may help next applicants if my assumptions come true. Thank you for your answers and good luck to everyone.
no it doesn't and shouldn't for any reason. I got married January and submitted march. was with my husband throughout February and arranged everythn immediately I got back and submitted. So no, the gap between when you got married and submitted should never be a factor for delay

Last edited:
Reactions: Joejj123

I_Am_Baruch

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening everyone!

I’ll like to inform the house that I did my medical and everything went smoothly.

But there’s a situation at hand that I would like everyone inputs positively. My wife will be going in for a major surgery in February, and we talked about her getting a letter from the doctor hoping it will expedite our application with AVO BC there would be no one to take care of her when she is done with the surgery for recovery.

She also called cic hotline and spoke with one of the immigration officer‍♀ Would advise that our best option is to apply online for visitors visa BC she doesn’t think that AVO will expedite on PR.

Housemate, what do you think or advice please?

Reactions: Akanni2017

Ei Ny

Jan 1, 2015
Hello everyone,
hope all is well? Please is anyone currently facing some challenges uploading the police report and schd A form on line?
i cant seem to find the link to upload. i am already delayed bcos cic didn't get back to us as expected.
Any advice is deeply appreciated.
Thank you
NY

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hello everyone,
hope all is well? Please is anyone currently facing some challenges uploading the police report and schd A form on line?
i cant seem to find the link to upload. i am already delayed bcos cic didn't get back to us as expected.
Thank you
NY
I had the same issue too.. I just mailed it directly to them with express post. And few days later my application was forwarded to Accra.

Reactions: Ei Ny

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
You can always send the following documents via email to the appropriate VO. Check your internet connection and try to upload/resending it using the online web inquiry form.

Goodluck
Hello everyone,
Thank you
NY

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hello everyone,
Thank you
NY
I hadn't same problem too when I was trying to upload. I had to mail them via DHL and later called CIC to confirm that it was indeed received and on my file.