+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Can anyone describe the steps we should anticipate after file is under review by AVO? What steps and timelines do they undertake? Also what is a preapproval letter? Thank you.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Hi!
You can get the letter, a few years ago, on this forum, someone got her application expedited, cos her husband was sick, so I would advise you do send it to them.
I would advise you to apply for a TRV in the interim, no harm in trying, however, apply for it online, attach the medical letter, and state expressly, that you have a permanent resident visa application ongoing, but you need to take care of her, and this is important.
Online applications are treated in Nigeria, and you might get a response in a week, while paper application is treated in AVO, and takes like three months.
Whatever response you get, you would have made your effort, and put it in prayers.
I wish you all the best
Hmmm... just to chip in, when I applied for TRV online last year (which took over 2 months to process) and got in touch with the Canadian embassy here in Lagos, I was told online applications are treated in Accra while paper applications are treated in Lagos. I was then adviced to get in touch with the Accra Office and my correspondence continued with them.... I also know someone who did the paper application and his wife got her visa in 3 weeks (matter of fact, he was the one who suggested with get in touch with the Embassy in Lagos and that’s how we found out online applications were processed in Accra) so you might want to crosscheck if it’s the other way around.

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hmmm... just to chip in, when I applied for TRV online last year (which took over 2 months to process) and got in touch with the Canadian embassy here in Lagos, I was told online applications are treated in Accra while paper applications are treated in Lagos. I was then adviced to get in touch with the Accra Office and my correspondence continued with them.... I also know someone who did the paper application and his wife got her visa in 3 weeks (matter of fact, he was the one who suggested with get in touch with the Embassy in Lagos and that’s how we found out online applications were processed in Accra) so you might want to crosscheck if it’s the other way around.
Maybe I mixed it up jare, he should confirm it too, and be sure which one goes to Lagos.
The point, I was trying to make, which you have also confirmed, is that Lagos is faster.
I don't want it going to those witches in AVO, express denial Ni yen, lol.
Hope you and baby are doing great.

Reactions: Akanni2017

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Any new from them?
No my dear. Nothing yet. Congrats @Milaby . You are proof that work has begun again at AVO.
@AtGod we will be contacted soon. I believe strongly. Just hang on a lil but more. Id be sending them an email tomorrow to find out why Jan applicants have been forgotten. Even my gcms notes ordered since nov 24 is yet to be received though after my hubby sent a mail last week, they apologised that it was due to backlog and we have been placed on priority list. Id keep the house updated once i get a response on the mail id send tmrw. Its gonna end in praise

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
No my dear. Nothing yet. Congrats @Milaby . You are proof that work has begun again at AVO.
@AtGod we will be contacted soon. I believe strongly. Just hang on a lil but more. Id be sending them an email tomorrow to find out why Jan applicants have been forgotten. Even my gcms notes ordered since nov 24 is yet to be received though after my hubby sent a mail last week, they apologised that it was due to backlog and we have been placed on priority list. Id keep the house updated once i get a response on the mail id send tmrw. Its gonna end in praise
Thank you @olawunmif you all will hear good news soon at least we now know they are back to us

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Maybe I mixed it up jare, he should confirm it too, and be sure which one goes to Lagos.
The point, I was trying to make, which you have also confirmed, is that Lagos is faster.
I don't want it going to those witches in AVO, express denial Ni yen, lol.
Hope you and baby are doing great.
LOL! As in, Express denial. AVO issa mess. Yes, baby and I are doing great, thank you :*

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Thank you my dear. Yes let's keep hope. My husband just send them an email to notify we have already passed the delay. I will let you know when we got an response. I also called my MP office this morning but the lady was busy, I am waiting for her to call me back. anyway we will ge response soon. Thank you very much and big hug

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
You are correct.
All online temporary residence visa are processed in Accra while paper application are process at Canadian High Commission in Lagos.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
The pre-arrival message, was that through email? Had you been watching your online accounts? If so, was there any change in those? Does the GCKey one say that they've started the background check? Was there any indication before the pre-arrival message that they were working on your application?

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
The pre-arrival message, was that through email? Had you been watching your online accounts? If so, was there any change in those? Does the GCKey one say that they've started the background check? Was there any indication before the pre-arrival message that they were working on your application?
Yes it was through email and to be frank i haven't logged in to my account in a while just got an email to check my account for a message. As at yesterday background check not started yet; I've not checked my Gckey account for changes today will do that and let you know.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Yes it was through email and to be frank i haven't logged in to my account in a while just got an email to check my account for a message. As at yesterday background check not started yet; I've not checked my Gckey account for changes today will do that and let you know.
Thanks so much. I can only imagine how excited you must be