24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

Dainty01

Jan 26, 2017
I have a quick question guys!!

Please what should I do if my wife got pregnant while waiting to hear from AVO, do I have to inform them about the pregnancy? Her application was received March 30th 2017 and she submitted her medicals ahead with the application which probably expired Novermber 2017, so most likely they will request for another medical once they start looking at her application.

Right now am confused if to inform them or not
Congratulations about the pregnancy, You don't need to inform them about her pregnancy, she will most likely be asked to do another medicals if that one has expired. She can go ahead with the medicals including xray as she will be given a shied to cover her foetus (I personally did that when I was 8 months pregnant while my sis did when she was 2 months pregnant). If she receive PPR before her pregnancy hit 6 months, she can still fly to Canada and give birth without informing or adding the baby because automatically becomes a citizen. On the other hand, if she receive ppr late and can't fly anymore, she should not send her passport and must inform the visa office immediately and wait till she give birth to add the baby to her application before they will issue a new ppr. Please note the baby will also do medicals and pregnancy is not an additional information and will be noted by the doctor during new medical. I hope this helps. I wish you speedy ppr

Dainty01

Jan 26, 2017
It is going to be 2 weeks I sent my passport to Accra tomorrow, no approval or counterfoil update in my CIC and was asked if I will be able to land before first week in march which is medical validity and also visa validity before I sent my passport. Worried it's taking so long and first week in march is closer than it seems. Should I mail them or wait till end of this week? Also, is it possible to get PUM without the counterfoil update in CIC account?

Last edited:
Reactions: RoamingSpirit

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Good morning everyone and happy new week. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Please I still need a response to my question below o.

But I have another one. Lol. Does anyone know any reliable cargo company that ships from Nigeria to Canada? If yes, please recommend.

As a side note, I’ll also like to add that most airlines allow pregnant women travel up to 36 weeks - as long as the pregnancy is low risk and a fit-to-fly report by the doctor is provided. So pregnant women can still fly well over 6 months. All you need do is check the fit-to-fly policy of whatever airline you intend flying with.

Anyway, quick question guys.

If I’m to travel out of Nigeria and somehow, AVO’s head finally decides to click then and I get PPR, can I send them my passport from my location? Because I don’t intend going back to Nigeria all because I’ve been waiting on their silly behinds - I won’t even be allowed to travel, anyway. But yeah, can I mail my passport from say... USA to Ghana? Is it legal? Or can I mail it to Nigeria and someone mails it to Ghana for me from there?

Please let me know. Thanks.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
There’s no harm in mailing them now. Just let them know it’s a gentle reminder. With Accra VO, later might not necessarily be better.

It is going to be 2 weeks I sent my passport to Accra tomorrow, no approval or counterfoil update in my CIC and was asked if I will be able to land before first week in march which is medical validity and also visa validity before I sent my passport. Worried it's taking so long and first week in march is closer than it seems. Should I mail them or wait till end of this week? Also, is it possible to get PUM without the counterfoil update in CIC account?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey..

What is your timeline please?

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Anyway, quick question guys.

If I’m to travel out of Nigeria and somehow, AVO’s head finally decides to click then and I get PPR, can I send them my passport from my location? Because I don’t intend going back to Nigeria all because I’ve been waiting on their silly behinds - I won’t even be allowed to travel, anyway. But yeah, can I mail my passport from say... USA to Ghana? Is it legal? Or can I mail it to Nigeria and someone mails it to Ghana for me from there?

Please let me know. Thanks.
It is illegal to send your passport across boarders, sending it from USA TO GHANA is illegal.
You would inform AVO, you are out of Nigeria, remember that you have 15days, you would be asked for proof of status in the country you are in, they would reroute your application to that country, and your visa Would be issued from there.
Read waitinginTO's posts, you would understand the concept, cos that's what she did for her spouse.

Dainty01

Jan 26, 2017
Hey..

What is your timeline please?
PNP Paper based handled by London Visa Office.
Application to Province: May 2014
Provincial Nomination: August 2016
Application received at CIC: November 2016
AOR: January 2017
Medical, RPRF, Bio page, height and eye colour: February 2017, medical done first week in March 2017.
Addition of newborn: May 2017
Medical for newborn: July 2017
New Police clearance: November 2017
Bio page, height and eye color: January 12 2018
PPR: January 12 2018
Passport received at Accra January 16 2018

Reactions: Akanni2017

jennyu

Jul 1, 2017
AVO please wake up on spousal sponsorship visas now. Na beg I dey beg. They just gave us false hope before Christmas that they have improved. They are still the same. Na wa. May God continue to give us the patience to wait. Sending love and hugs to everyone of us still waiting for a response. It is well. There’s definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
It is illegal to send your passport across boarders, sending it from USA TO GHANA is illegal.
You would inform AVO, you are out of Nigeria, remember that you have 15days, you would be asked for proof of status in the country you are in, they would reroute your application to that country, and your visa Would be issued from there.
Read waitinginTO's posts, you would understand the concept, cos that's what she did for her spouse.
Thanks for your response @LagosBabe. I’ve gone through @WaitinginTO’s posts and her response to @peg204 (whose situation is actually more similar to mine). What I’ll like to find out though is if I’ll be required to provide FBI Clearance & Police Report seeing as (all things being equal) I won’t have spent up to 6 months in the USA by the time I get the PPR request.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Thanks for your response @LagosBabe. I’ve gone through @WaitinginTO’s posts and her response to @peg204 (whose situation is actually more similar to mine). What I’ll like to find out though is if I’ll be required to provide FBI Clearance & Police Report seeing as (all things being equal) I won’t have spent up to 6 months in the USA by the time I get the PPR request.
They will definitely ask for the FBI clearance and Police Report
My husband didn’t stay In Maryland for even a week and they still ask him for Police report
So it better for you to stay in Nigeria till u receive ur PPR because the stress you will go through when you live somewhere other than Nigeria is much!!
I’m talking to you from experience
Please just don’t try to leave now it will complicate ur application

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
If I am to understand correctly do all spousal applications for 2017 have to be resolved by end of this year regardless of when people filed the applications so by end of December?

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
They will definitely ask for the FBI clearance and Police Report
My husband didn’t stay In Maryland for even a week and they still ask him for Police report
So it better for you to stay in Nigeria till u receive ur PPR because the stress you will go through when you live somewhere other than Nigeria is much!!
I’m talking to you from experience
Please just don’t try to leave now it will complicate ur application
Thanks for responding and also@iyawosparks, note that the six months is cumulative, you don't need to spend the six months at once, if you have spent a few weeks in time past, it adds up.
Also, like peg said, it complicates things, Because you will be on visitors visa, and AVO would keep tossing you.
I would advise you just hang in there, FBI takes like two months to get.

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
If I am to understand correctly do all spousal applications for 2017 have to be resolved by end of this year regardless of when people filed the applications so by end of December?
Technically yes, Because it is twelve months and more, by December 2018, but there is a caveat on the website, they said 80 percent of applications, and also provided, your application has no red flags and additional document request.
Having additional document requests, adds to the wait time.