+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I have a quick question guys!!

Please what should I do if my wife got pregnant while waiting to hear from AVO, do I have to inform them about the pregnancy? Her application was received March 30th 2017 and she submitted her medicals ahead with the application which probably expired Novermber 2017, so most likely they will request for another medical once they start looking at her application.

Right now am confused if to inform them or not

Congrats... yes please inform avo in the event of changes such as divorce . Death and or pregnancy ... send them an email with ultrasound proof attached...

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN

Please what should I do if my wife got pregnant while waiting to hear from AVO, do I have to inform them about the pregnancy? Her application was received March 30th 2017 and she submitted her medicals ahead with the application which probably expired Novermber 2017, so most likely they will request for another medical once they start looking at her application.

Congrats
But I’m sad to tell u , it won’t do anything for u.
And they won’t care either .

When I become pregnant, they told me that I should let them know when I give birth !! not when I’m pregnant!!
I sent them every proof in this world . My ultrasound result , note from doctor , even my ultrasound pictures . Nothing seems to work until I give birth . That was when they approve us.
So there is no point telling them because they stated that you should let them know incase of divorce , dealth or birth . Not pregnancy!!
just sharing my experience with you

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Congrats
But I’m sad to tell u , it won’t do anything for u.
And they won’t care either .

When I become pregnant, they told me that I should let them know when I give birth !! not when I’m pregnant!!
I sent them every proof in this world . My ultrasound result , note from doctor , even my ultrasound pictures . Nothing seems to work until I give birth . That was when they approve us.
So there is no point telling them because they stated that you should let them know incase of divorce , dealth or birth . Not pregnancy!!
just sharing my experience with you
Good point

Reactions: Akanni2017

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Hope that even speeds this up for you and if you get a response let us know since they never reply
Lol. Sadly, it won’t do anything. AVO knows I’m pregnant with proof (Doctor’s report, Ultrasounds from different weeks, you name it!). The Minister’s Office knows as well. Even at my medicals, the doctor wrote a report about it and said she was going to send along with my result. But I’m still here. Waiting. Lol. They don’t give a hoot.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Anyway, quick question guys.

If I’m to travel out of Nigeria and somehow, AVO’s head finally decides to click then and I get PPR, can I send them my passport from my location? Because I don’t intend going back to Nigeria all because I’ve been waiting on their silly behinds - I won’t even be allowed to travel, anyway. But yeah, can I mail my passport from say... USA to Ghana? Is it legal? Or can I mail it to Nigeria and someone mails it to Ghana for me from there?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

Please what should I do if my wife got pregnant while waiting to hear from AVO, do I have to inform them about the pregnancy? Her application was received March 30th 2017 and she submitted her medicals ahead with the application which probably expired November 2017, so most likely they will request for another medical once they start looking at her application.

What month did your wife get pregnant ?

If your wife got pregnant recently and she is March 2017 applicant who most likely will get PPR around Feb/Mar 2018.

Then you have to consider;

Assuming she gets PPR Feb/Mar 2018, will your wife likely deliver the baby before expected to land as PR in Canada (....PR visa has expiry date).

Some airlines may not allow her to fly if her pregnancy has reached advanced stage...like 5 to 6 months.

She submitted her medicals ahead which probably will expire in November 2017, if AVO does not ask her to re-medical, then good for her.

If AVO were to ask her to redo medical, she may have problem with the X-ray medical examination.......lets hope they skip that 'cos you had earlier done x-ray.

If you wife is unable to land as PR in Canada before baby birth, please do add the newborn to also receive PR visa as you do not want to sponsor your newborn later separately as a Dependent child.
The sponsoring processing timeline for Dependent is depressing......currently more than 12months...................http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

If you want to inform AVO that your wife is pregnant, you just need to send updated IRCC form IMM5532E - PART C - Q#10.
Since you were earlier Approved to Sponsor, not sure this will have any effect on your Sponsor Approval.

The updated form could be sent through http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

Additional info for Medical Exam:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

info:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-add-a-new-born-to-spousal-sponsorship-application-for-permanent-residency.534211/

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
How the heck is this fair to us WOWWWW

Category: Outland Spouse - Family Based
VO: Bucharest, Romania
App sent: 14/09/2017
App received: 18/09/2017
AOR1: 19/10/2017
Linked: 20/10/2017
SchA PCC/ Req: /21/10/2017
SchA/PCC uploaded: 24/10/2017
SA: 27/10/2017
Med Req: 02/11/2017
Med Done: 10/11/2017
Med Passed:17/11/2017
ECAS IP: 10/11/2017
AOR2:20/11/2017

Pre-Arrival Letter: 17/01/2018
BCP:26/01/2018
DM:26/01/2018
PPR:26/01/2018
Can someone please provide definitions of all these abbreviations to us newbies? Thank you.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
What month did your wife get pregnant ?

If your wife got pregnant recently and she is March 2017 applicant who most likely will get PPR around Feb/Mar 2018.

Then you have to consider;

Assuming she gets PPR Feb/Mar 2018, will your wife likely deliver the baby before expected to land as PR in Canada (....PR visa has expiry date).

Some airlines may not allow her to fly if her pregnancy has reached advanced stage...like 5 to 6 months.

She submitted her medicals ahead which probably will expire in November 2017, if AVO does not ask her to re-medical, then good for her.

If AVO were to ask her to redo medical, she may have problem with the X-ray medical examination.......lets hope they skip that 'cos you had earlier done x-ray.

If you wife is unable to land as PR in Canada before baby birth, please do add the newborn to also receive PR visa as you do not want to sponsor your newborn later separately as a Dependent child.
The sponsoring processing timeline for Dependent is depressing......currently more than 12months...................http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

If you want to inform AVO that your wife is pregnant, you just need to send updated IRCC form IMM5532E - PART C - Q#10.
Since you were earlier Approved to Sponsor, not sure if this will have any effect on your Sponsor Approval.

The updated form could be sent through http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

Additional info for Medical Exam:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

info:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-add-a-new-born-to-spousal-sponsorship-application-for-permanent-residency.534211/
Thanks so much for all the info, that really help. And she just got pregnant early January this year, I will wait it out till end of March to see if she gets PPR if not then I will report it to AVO. Thanks once again for the info.

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
VO= Visa Office
AOR1= Acknowledgement receipt
SA= Sponsor Approval
MED REQ= Medical Request
ECAS IP= ECAS Account showing in-process
AOR2= Transferred to Visa office (Accra)
BCP= Background Check in progress
DM= Decision Made
PPR= Passport Request
PUM= Pick Up Mail
@maki22

Reactions: maki22

Abiebie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Thanks so much for all the info, that really help. And she just got pregnant early January this year, I will wait it out till end of March to see if she gets PPR if not then I will report it to AVO. Thanks once again for the info.
In ur Ecas account did Dey put medicals passed?
Don’t tik u hv a problem, if dere needed anoda medicals Dey would hv sent her to do it last yr.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Its okay if you want to wait until Mar 2018 to know if your wife receives PPR.
Receiving PPR will mean her PR sponsorship is cleared and approved.

Since she got pregnant in Jan 2018, her due date should be on or before Sept 2018.

Assuming she get PPR and receive the PR visa around Mar/Apr 2018, not sure if you want her to travel and land as PR in Canada immediately while pregnant. If she could travel and land as immigrant to Canada, great.......your baby will be born in Canada and will be a Canadian Citizen.

If she cant travel and land in Canada as PR before baby birth, will advice that you discuss with AVO soon, that your wife is pregnant, expecting a baby later around Sept 2018, you don't want her to risk traveling because of pregnancy, and you would like to wait (i.e.,...maybe ask for delay of PR visa issuance) so you could add baby when delivered to also receive PR visa.

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
VO= Visa Office
AOR1= Acknowledgement receipt
SA= Sponsor Approval
MED REQ= Medical Request
ECAS IP= ECAS Account showing in-process
AOR2= Transferred to Visa office (Accra)
BCP= Background Check in progress
DM= Decision Made
PPR= Passport Request
PUM= Pick Up Mail
@maki22
Thank you so much.

Reactions: Milaby

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......