7 July 2015
LANDED..........
8 August 2015
MoH1979 said:
Thank you so much ! Best of luck and keep us posted
NO PROBLEM,I WILL

Mar 25, 2014
ifynwam said:
Actually I applied for PR on October 9 and CIC received it on October 10.my got an email requesting for additional family information form which we did filled and was asked to fill it again on 27 november 2014.on 24 February,I was let to know that the sponsorship has been approved.but when I checked ecas,it says our application was received on 8 december 2014. Is this a mistake from CIC?
No mistake at all. Dec 8,2014 was when Mississauga(CIC) received the last document you posted on 27th November,2014. So, the date that everybody sees on ecas is the date your COMPLETED application was received by CIC. In your case your sponsorship approval date is 24th Feb,2015 and in most cases, your file goes to Accra same day. Hope that helps.

Jonny777

Jan 19, 2015
Kpalimeyove, sorry I mean his file was transfered on the the 26th of November. Mine was transfered 4th of November.

Opester

Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-04-2015
MoH1979 said:
Thank you :) when do you land?
Hubby lands this weekend. Just happy that we are all getting good news. The wait was quite tedious and stressful.

ifynwam

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
09/07 2015. july 9th 2015. police certificate. requested original of the police certificate on the 22nd july 2015 and on 12 August 2015 requested for the same original police certificate that had been mailed.
File Transfer...
24th/02/2015.
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
MercyIbadilayewa said:
No mistake at all. Dec 8,2014 was when Mississauga(CIC) received the last document you posted on 27th November,2014. So, the date that everybody sees on ecas is the date your COMPLETED application was received by CIC. In your case your sponsorship approval date is 24th Feb,2015 and in most cases, your file goes to Accra same day. Hope that helps.
Thank you so much. Waiting to hear good news from them soon.

ifynwam

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
09/07 2015. july 9th 2015. police certificate. requested original of the police certificate on the 22nd july 2015 and on 12 August 2015 requested for the same original police certificate that had been mailed.
File Transfer...
24th/02/2015.
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Please how do I update my timelinne?

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Opester said:
Hubby lands this weekend. Just happy that we are all getting good news. The wait was quite tedious and stressful.
Congratulations. You have come to the end of this stressful ordeal.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
ifynwam said:
Please how do I update my timelinne?
I think you need to have minimum 10 posts. Afterward, click on your profile and you will see the settings to update it. Save the changes and it will all appear on the right hand side most of us.

ItzMimi

Apr 9, 2015
Having a terrible cold feet. Advice needed from those who have already settled in Canada... To cut my long story short. My husband is canadian and based here in Nigeria, we ve a son who has also gotten his canadian citizenship and pp here due to the fact that his father is canadian... Now my husband wants us (my son and I) to relocate to Canada for now without him. While he will still be working in Nigeria to support us then join us later... Please, here are a few questions I will like to ask, 1, what is life like in Canada. 2, I have read that its tough getting a proper job. I won't have a problem with starting off with menial jobs, but how do one survive with the little money one gets paid from menial jobs, especially with the fact that canada isn't very cheap to leave in. 3, where are the best Cities/Suburbs to settle. 4, what are the price range of a good 2bed accomodation in a suburb?. 5, what are the prices of creches?. 6, how do you guys survive in the hatch winter?... Please help me with answers so I can make up my mind as to what to do... I need to take that bold step but I'm so scared... Congrats to all those who have successfully gotten their visas, especially Ghanaboy. I followed your story from day one, and was very excited when everything turned out well for u. Thanks in advance for your replies.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Jonny777 said:
Kpalimeyove, sorry I mean his file was transfered on the the 26th of November. Mine was transfered 4th of November.
That makes sense, so most likely he applied in September or late August and had a docs request.

That's why his wife got the visa.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Opester said:
Safe travels!

I'm hoping my wife gets her passport back next week so she can land on the weekend as well.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
ItzMimi said:
Having a terrible cold feet. Advice needed from those who have already settled in Canada... To cut my long story short. My husband is canadian and based here in Nigeria, we ve a son who has also gotten his canadian citizenship and pp here due to the fact that his father is canadian... Now my husband wants us (my son and I) to relocate to Canada for now without him. While he will still be working in Nigeria to support us then join us later... Please, here are a few questions I will like to ask, 1, what is life like in Canada. 2, I have read that its tough getting a proper job. I won't have a problem with starting off with menial jobs, but how do one survive with the little money one gets paid from menial jobs, especially with the fact that canada isn't very cheap to leave in. 3, where are the best Cities/Suburbs to settle. 4, what are the price range of a good 2bed accomodation in a suburb?. 5, what are the prices of creches?. 6, how do you guys survive in the hatch winter?... Please help me with answers so I can make up my mind as to what to do... I need to take that bold step but I'm so scared... Congrats to all those who have successfully gotten their visas, especially Ghanaboy. I followed your story from day one, and was very excited when everything turned out well for u. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Are you also a Canadian or a PR? how will you land in Canada? as a tourist?

If you're coming as a tourist then you can't work anyway and must apply for a work permit and find a job. Getting a job is not hard, depending on what field you're looking in and what profession. But if you have the proper experience and the employer is looking to hire then it's no problem.

Life here is really really good, better than most countries in the world with low crime (again depends where you live) and generally a good quality of life with decent health care and education. I live in the Capital, so I can speak from experience that you could be paying about 1000 rent for a 2 bed room apartment in a good area. Ideally you'll need about 3000 dollars to make ends meet but that's tight so maybe 3500 dollars is better (after tax).

As for best Cities, if you don't like the winter, then out west is best for you in BC or southern Ontario (Anything south of Toronto) where the winter mimics the American North east which is "Ok", not as cold and not as harsh as Ottawa or in the eastern side of the country and Quebec. The middle part of the country is coldest, so stay away from that (Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta), their winters are worse than ours. However if you forget the cold, the best big cities are Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary (not in that order but you get the idea), this in terms of job market etc.

How do I survive the winter? it's not so bad :) you get used to it and with proper clothing you'll be fine. Every where is heated so don't think too much about that. We have 4 seasons which is really nice.

I hope I answered most of your questions and best of luck

ItzMimi

Apr 9, 2015
MoH1979 said:
Are you also a Canadian or a PR? how will you land in Canada? as a tourist?

If you're coming as a tourist then you can't work anyway and must apply for a work permit and find a job. Getting a job is not hard, depending on what field you're looking in and what profession. But if you have the proper experience and the employer is looking to hire then it's no problem.

Life here is really really good, better than most countries in the world with low crime (again depends where you live) and generally a good quality of life with decent health care and education. I live in the Capital, so I can speak from experience that you could be paying about 1000 rent for a 2 bed room apartment in a good area. Ideally you'll need about 3000 dollars to make ends meet but that's tight so maybe 3500 dollars is better (after tax).

As for best Cities, if you don't like the winter, then out west is best for you in BC or southern Ontario (Anything south of Toronto) where the winter mimics the American North east which is "Ok", not as cold and not as harsh as Ottawa or in the eastern side of the country and Quebec. The middle part of the country is coldest, so stay away from that (Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta), their winters are worse than ours. However if you forget the cold, the best big cities are Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary (not in that order but you get the idea), this in terms of job market etc.

How do I survive the winter? it's not so bad :) you get used to it and with proper clothing you'll be fine. Every where is heated so don't think too much about that. We have 4 seasons which is really nice.

I hope I answered most of your questions and best of luck

Thanks alot MoH1979 for the swift and clear response.

You know that "positive & negative" thoughts when you have to make up your mind on something? Thats exactly where I am now ;D with lots of thoughts hovering around my mind.

I'm neither Canadian nor PR but about to put in for my PR and hope to land as a PR.

I will consider Ottawa or Toronto, wont have a choice but to get use to the winter ;D.

WIll keep this forum posted as soon as I put in my application for PR.
Thanks again.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
ItzMimi said:
Thanks alot MoH1979 for the swift and clear response.

You know that "positive & negative" thoughts when you have to make up your mind on something? Thats exactly where I am now ;D with lots of thoughts hovering around my mind.

I'm neither Canadian nor PR but about to put in for my PR and hope to land as a PR.

I will consider Ottawa or Toronto, wont have a choice but to get use to the winter ;D.

WIll keep this forum posted as soon as I put in my application for PR.
Thanks again.
You're welcome, but just a point about the PR. Your husband needs to show that he has intentions to return to Canada for the PR to succeed.

Just keep in that mind.