+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ItzMimi

Apr 9, 2015
MoH1979 said:
You're welcome, but just a point about the PR. Your husband needs to show that he has intentions to return to Canada for the PR to succeed.

Just keep in that mind.

I will.
He is applying for schools already but wishes that we settle in first before he goes for his school. Guess that will prove as intention to return to Canada

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
ItzMimi said:
Having a terrible cold feet. Advice needed from those who have already settled in Canada... To cut my long story short. My husband is canadian and based here in Nigeria, we ve a son who has also gotten his canadian citizenship and pp here due to the fact that his father is canadian... Now my husband wants us (my son and I) to relocate to Canada for now without him. While he will still be working in Nigeria to support us then join us later... Please, here are a few questions I will like to ask, 1, what is life like in Canada. 2, I have read that its tough getting a proper job. I won't have a problem with starting off with menial jobs, but how do one survive with the little money one gets paid from menial jobs, especially with the fact that canada isn't very cheap to leave in. 3, where are the best Cities/Suburbs to settle. 4, what are the price range of a good 2bed accomodation in a suburb?. 5, what are the prices of creches?. 6, how do you guys survive in the hatch winter?... Please help me with answers so I can make up my mind as to what to do... I need to take that bold step but I'm so scared... Congrats to all those who have successfully gotten their visas, especially Ghanaboy. I followed your story from day one, and was very excited when everything turned out well for u. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Moh, had it covered. In addition, I will suggest you visit Canada first and see for yourself. Personal experience has the greatest effect.
Be rest assured that, like most new things in life, the beginning will not be easy, but you will be just fine afterwards.
All the best.

kpalimeyovo

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 24, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 15, 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 2014
Passport Req..
August 19
VISA ISSUED...
September 4
LANDED..........
September 9
So does anyone know if Accra is now working on files with October application or November transfer dates?

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
kpalimeyovo said:
So does anyone know if Accra is now working on files with October application or November transfer dates?
Mine was transferred end of October. I see you applied Oct 3 and transfer was mid December. I think you're about 1 or 1.5 months away. Keep praying and stay positive

ItzMimi

Apr 9, 2015
lamour said:
Moh, had it covered. In addition, I will suggest you visit Canada first and see for yourself. Personal experience has the greatest effect.
Be rest assured that, like most new things in life, the beginning will not be easy, but you will be just fine afterwards.
All the best.

Big thank you lamour for ur contribution.
I appreciate.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
ItzMimi said:
I appreciate.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
ItzMimi said:
I appreciate.
Thank you for ur good words.yes members have said them all.uu won't regret to relocate.got very sad after all my passport is in my hands cos i had to leave evrything behind.couldn't even sell my car cos i feared i might not make it.even though came in winter time when canada is experiencing one the most longest winter season in years but am still enjoying it.hoping to have more fun in the summer as well.just grab the challenge and u wont go back to nigeria.

ItzMimi

Apr 9, 2015
Ghanaboy said:
Thank you for ur good words.yes members have said them all.uu won't regret to relocate.got very sad after all my passport is in my hands cos i had to leave evrything behind.couldn't even sell my car cos i feared i might not make it.even though came in winter time when canada is experiencing one the most longest winter season in years but am still enjoying it.hoping to have more fun in the summer as well.just grab the challenge and u wont go back to nigeria.
"Just grab the challenge and u wont go back to Nigeria" this cracked me up :)..
Thanks for ur words of encouragement.
I started filling my application forms already, hoping to be done soon.
I'm positive u will have more fun in summer time.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Moh... Congrats!!!

MsLisaN

Mar 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
07-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
File Transfer...
19-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Today makes it 3 weeks I applied for our CSQ and everyone else got theirs in 1 to 2 weeks but I still haven't received mine. I thought it takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive.
I feel like my own case is just.....
Well let's see how the day goes.... hopefully it will be waiting for me in the mail when I get home... :( :(

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
NKT0817 said:
Moh... Congrats!!!
Thank you so much and I wish you all the best in your appeal..hang in there! and keep us posted

neelzar

Jan 11, 2015
MoH1979 said:
Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that I got the email this morning that my wife's visa is ready !!! We are so happy and thankful that it is all over . It went in process this morning and boom got the email a few hours later :)

God bless this forum and I'll be eagerly waiting for good news from Lamour , gonja , mekus , lisa and best of luck to NkT in her appeal . Thank you all for your help and encouragement . Special hello to Ghanaboy !

Moh

Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you. You have been encouraging so many people on this thread and you deserve it.

Adamile

Apr 10, 2015
Hey everyone,

I am new here. Still filling my forms though ;D. I have been going through this thread and I can see that you guys have done a great job here. Please keep it up.

Please I need some help in filling form IMM5490E. Question 15.

It says specify the rite/religion in which the marriage was performed.

My husband and I had traditional ceremony and court wedding. Which rites/religion should these be? We are both Christians.

Also we don't know exactly how many people attended our traditional wedding. They were over 200, but I cant tell the exact number. Should I just estimate?

Finally, in QUESTION 15 part B, when asked questions about my sponsor, should I personalize the reply to "my husband" or I should reply "my sponsor"

For example,

Indicate if your sponsor and your sponsor's family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

Should I reply:
a. My sponsor and his family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

OR

b. My husband and his family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

OR

c. John and his family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

Thanks

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
neelzar said:
Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you. You have been encouraging so many people on this thread and you deserve it.
Thank you! have you applied yet?

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Adamile said:
Hey everyone,

I am new here. Still filling my forms though ;D. I have been going through this thread and I can see that you guys have done a great job here. Please keep it up.

Please I need some help in filling form IMM5490E. Question 15.

It says specify the rite/religion in which the marriage was performed.

My husband and I had traditional ceremony and court wedding. Which rites/religion should these be? We are both Christians.

Also we don't know exactly how many people attended our traditional wedding. They were over 200, but I cant tell the exact number. Should I just estimate?

Finally, in QUESTION 15 part B, when asked questions about my sponsor, should I personalize the reply to "my husband" or I should reply "my sponsor"

For example,

Indicate if your sponsor and your sponsor's family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

Should I reply:
a. My sponsor and his family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

OR

b. My husband and his family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

OR

c. John and his family members/relatives attended the ceremony.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

I would just say for example that you followed the catholic tradition or whatever the case may be.

For the number of people at the wedding, estimate is more than enough, but make sure you include pics of you and both families and your husband and it wouldn't hurt to label them and write on the back who is in the pic etc.

For the last question, I would say My Husband blah blah blah. This is how I filled up the application.

All the best.