+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Please, can someone explain to me how a ghost update works? My spouse logged in into my online tool and was asked to input new address while my Nigerian address was showing as old address. After refreshing the page to see what was going on as he was confused to why he was being asked that, it wasn't there anymore. Is that ghost update too?

Ajindee

Nov 12, 2020
my application was submitted july2019, medicals was done and approved July 2019, everything seems so fast then but as i am speaking application hasn't been approved. i had my baby December 2020 and included him in the application, re medicals was done in April 2021 and yet no updates yet, its so frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: Ali Al-Hassan

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
So today I got interview schedule for next month. Please any possible questions will help and what do I expect? Anything please
https://www.matthewjeffery.com/canadian-immigration-lawyer/permanent-residence/spousal-partner-sponsorship/preparing-spousal-sponsorship-interview-questions-might-asked/

^this is a good link with some questions you will be asked about, I hear they ask alot of questions about what your spouse and is very important to know when, where, how you first met and the details behind the marriage and proposal. Also your spouse's job and salary and life.

Can you please share your timeline? My wife is currently waiting for her interview to be scheduled so we in same boat

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
my application was submitted july2019, medicals was done and approved July 2019, everything seems so fast then but as i am speaking application hasn't been approved. i had my baby December 2020 and included him in the application, re medicals was done in April 2021 and yet no updates yet, its so frustrating.
I'm really sorry to hear that, it doesn't make sense what AVO goes about their process and system. I pray you and we all get the results soon. My wife as well has had no update since passing her medicals in April. All we can do is have faith at this point

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Wow! So sorry about that....have you applied for GCMS notes? Has your spouse called your MP? Have you raised webforms? They give priority to those who application has passed the timeline, at least they will still give you audience.

Ajindee

Nov 12, 2020
Wow! So sorry about that....have you applied for GCMS notes? Has your spouse called your MP? Have you raised webforms? They give priority to those who application has passed the timeline, at least they will still give you audience.
i orderd gcms note and there was still nothing wrong with the application and it still processing.. my wife is here with me in nigeria.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
i orderd gcms note and there was still nothing wrong with the application and it still processing.. my wife is here with me in nigeria.
Have you tried raising a webform? Or call your MP, it is 2 years already. What is your MP saying if you've called them? You need to try out all options of reaching out to them.

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
I have been waiting since July 8 2021 after I passed my medical after that no update till now. The waiting is so frustrating.
I know how you feel, wife has been waiting since April after passing. All we can do at this point is have faith and pray our time will come.

Have tried contacting my MP: she ignores me. Have tried webform: same dumb response all the time to wait. Ordered GCMS notes a week ago so we'll see. AVO does not run with sense or urgency, they just like wasting people's time

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Please, can someone explain to me how a ghost update works? My spouse logged in into my online tool and was asked to input new address while my Nigerian address was showing as old address. After refreshing the page to see what was going on as he was confused to why he was being asked that, it wasn't there anymore. Is that ghost update too?
Not sure what exactly happened there, just updating an address I guess. Not sure if that's actually a GU.

A GU is when the current status in GCKEY reads APPLICATION/PROFLE UPDATED, but upon logging in to check details nothing visually has changed in your account. After returning to that page it will read submitted. So the GU is the file saying an update is made but no update can be seen. If this is not the case then I doubt your description is a GU. GU's are good signs and showes an officer is currently looking into your file or something.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Not sure what exactly happened there, just updating an address I guess. Not sure if that's actually a GU.

A GU is when the current status in GCKEY reads APPLICATION/PROFLE UPDATED, but upon logging in to check details nothing visually has changed in your account. After returning to that page it will read submitted. So the GU is the file saying an update is made but no update can be seen. If this is not the case then I doubt your description is a GU. GU's are good signs and showes an officer is currently looking into your file or something.
Thank you so much. Probably a system glitch then. Hope you are done packing?

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
This really bad, since 2019 July, and I see you already got the GCMS notes. Not sure exactly when you applied for it, but at this stage I will suggest every month or 2 months of silence order it to see if its really processing or something. Show those notes to MP for them see how your file been stagnant for that long.

RN best is to be hopeful, as I saw in the current news of certain IRCC being urged to speed up and attend to backlogs. Lets pray and keep talking to the MP I feel they the best chances of an action being taken. Your file just in a corner somewhere. Because even online it says they are currently processing outland file of late December 2019 so July is too far. Sorry about that. Atleast you are together with your spouse, that's KEY.

Adeoye1432

Apr 15, 2020
I know how you feel, wife has been waiting since April after passing. All we can do at this point is have faith and pray our time will come.

Have tried contacting my MP: she ignores me. Have tried webform: same dumb response all the time to wait. Ordered GCMS notes a week ago so we'll see. AVO does not run with sense or urgency, they just like wasting people's time
It will a year on Friday that I submitted my application. It is crazy how they are making us going through this. I’m very very sure that there have so many marriages that has been dissolved due waiting waiting for PR. Spouse application should be treated very fast but careful because most marriages aren’t genuine.

Reactions: Ali Al-Hassan