+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
It will a year on Friday that I submitted my application. It is crazy how they are making us going through this. I’m very very sure that there have so many marriages that has been dissolved due waiting waiting for PR. Spouse application should be treated very fast but careful because most marriages aren’t genuine.
If you say most marriages ain't genuine without statistics to back it up, then no need complaining if Accra hasn't responded to you. Some people's application have been processed in 4 to 5 months, does it mean theirs are more genuine than people waiting for 12, 15 or even 24 months? Shouldn't there be others ways to track fake marriages than keeping people waiting for so long because a fellow human being wants to "define or test" what two people share?

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
First find out what is causing the red flag, study it. Work on the additional documents they are requesting if any, then find questions online of possible questions that asks everything. For us what caused the red flag was not asked expressly but my husband brought it up when the person asked about past relationship, he asked about it again to reconfirm and my husband said yes I am aware. Then he asked random questions like my work n all. We got ppr like 4hrs after. I hope this will help and all the best
My gms notes says no reason for interview...but definitely going through possible questions .Thank you for the reply...God bless

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
https://www.matthewjeffery.com/canadian-immigration-lawyer/permanent-residence/spousal-partner-sponsorship/preparing-spousal-sponsorship-interview-questions-might-asked/

^this is a good link with some questions you will be asked about, I hear they ask alot of questions about what your spouse and is very important to know when, where, how you first met and the details behind the marriage and proposal. Also your spouse's job and salary and life.

Can you please share your timeline? My wife is currently waiting for her interview to be scheduled so we in same boat
Applied October 2019 ,,so I ordered gcms notes to see why the delay on June 2021 and that’s where I discovered I was on queue for interview.... it says no reason for interview.. but I finally got my interview scheduled for next month and am hoping for the best...

Ajindee

Nov 12, 2020
This really bad, since 2019 July, and I see you already got the GCMS notes. Not sure exactly when you applied for it, but at this stage I will suggest every month or 2 months of silence order it to see if its really processing or something. Show those notes to MP for them see how your file been stagnant for that long.

RN best is to be hopeful, as I saw in the current news of certain IRCC being urged to speed up and attend to backlogs. Lets pray and keep talking to the MP I feel they the best chances of an action being taken. Your file just in a corner somewhere. Because even online it says they are currently processing outland file of late December 2019 so July is too far. Sorry about that. Atleast you are together with your spouse, that's KEY.
thanks so much

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
Applied October 2019 ,,so I ordered gcms notes to see why the delay on June 2021 and that’s where I discovered I was on queue for interview.... it says no reason for interview.. but I finally got my interview scheduled for next month and am hoping for the best...
Pray you pass and get your visa. It's ridiculous they make us wait so long and ask for interview after the wait but if you answer the questions right and keep eye contact then Inshallah you'll be all good I hear

Ajindee

Nov 12, 2020
good day house,
I, just checked my GCMS note that i got early January and i realized that Eligibility says Recommended Interview. I don't know how I didn't see this since. what I my suppose to do or how do I get them to interview me? please I need help on this asap

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
good day house,
I, just checked my GCMS note that i got early January and i realized that Eligibility says Recommended Interview. I don't know how I didn't see this since. what I my suppose to do or how do I get them to interview me? please I need help on this asap
Have you received a date yet for your interview?

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
good day house,

If you haven't then you have to wait for them to send you a date for your interview. This link has some possible questions you might be asked

https://www.matthewjeffery.com/canadian-immigration-lawyer/permanent-residence/spousal-partner-sponsorship/preparing-spousal-sponsorship-interview-questions-might-asked/

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
If you are applying for a visa from outside the UK, please add to this thread with your visa timeline and update your post with any developments. This is for timelines only - Please don't ask questions here. Best Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox of luck to everyone.

Rman01

Dec 7, 2020
no date yet, i got this GCMS note January this year and i have also included my son in the application which has been updated. we also did a re-medical test in April and no updates yet.
I'll advice you to request for another GCMS note

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
no date yet, i got this GCMS note January this year and i have also included my son in the application which has been updated. we also did a re-medical test in April and no updates yet.
My Sister got an invite to interview. Has anybody done one recently? Is it in person or Virtual and what kind of questions are asked?

Adeoye1432

Apr 15, 2020
I checked my status this morning and it say “we have sent you a letter” I can’t read the until Monday because we are using representative. If you have received such message. Please what could that letter be? Is it pre arrival letter or what because the status is still “in process”.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I checked my status this morning and it say “we have sent you a letter” I can’t read the until Monday because we are using representative. If you have received such message. Please what could that letter be? Is it pre arrival letter or what because the status is still “in process”.
So what exactly does the statement say, if I may ask? Because for me when I received the Pre-Arrival letter there wasn't any notification from ecas. But if you do have your GCKEY account you should be able to check any update. I feel because of times like this, regardless of a rep you should have your cic account and password, as you can check any info even during weekends.

With a letter sent could either be ADR or PPR. But depends if statement reads a letter was sent to you or correspondence. Not sure but from the statement, one might be able to guess looking at mine.