+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Unfortunately no, they do not meet personally with applicants regarding immigration files. Every inquiry has to go through proper channels such as Webform or email.

The only time they meet with applicants is when they call and schedule interviews with the applicants.

They do allow Canadian citizens to attend about basic consular needs such as passports and citizenship and travel documents.
Thanks for the reply. so as a canadian citizen if i go there i cannot bring up the topic.
Yes that's correct. As a Canadian citizen you can inquire only about consular matters. The immigration matters cannot and are not discussed there because you have to go through proper channels.

You can always try calling the consular number for Canadian citizens or sending them an email to the email address for citizens' consular matters to put your mind at ease.
Thanks

Reactions: maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks for the reply. so as a canadian citizen if i go there i cannot bring up the topic.

Thanks
If you are there in Ghana or from here, you can call the consular section number or email and tell them of your intentions to see someone about your immigration file and see what they say about it to put your mind at ease.

There are some sponsors on this forum who were there and were told that they don't discuss immigration matters and cannot see or meet with the visa officers, unless the visa officers had asked for an interview and scheduled an appointment with the applicant during processing of the file.

Last edited:

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Good Day All,

Please, how do I apply for a birth certificate from Nigeria? There is someone online offering the service for 150 pounds (I ain't got that kinda cash to spend). I am sponsoring my spouse and she has got no Birth Certificate or Baptismal Card. However, we do have an affidavit from a court in Nigeria declaring her age, would this suffice? .

Thank you.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Good Day All,

Please, how do I apply for a birth certificate from Nigeria? There is someone online offering the service for 150 pounds (I ain't got that kinda cash to spend). I am sponsoring my spouse and she has got no Birth Certificate or Baptismal Card. However, we do have an affidavit from a court in Nigeria declaring her age, would this suffice? .

Thank you.
A friend of mine from Nigeria suggests following:

"Take two passport photos to high court,and a valid id card.u will get an affidavit for less than 2k.
Proceed to npc office with the affidavit and complete d process its under 10k"

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
A friend of mine from Nigeria suggests following:

"Take two passport photos to high court,and a valid id card.u will get an affidavit for less than 2k.
Proceed to npc office with the affidavit and complete d process its under 10k"

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I've got the affidavit, I was hoping to apply with that. I guess I will need to send someone to NPC office.

Thanks once again

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Thank you. I've got the affidavit, I was hoping to apply with that. I guess I will need to send someone to NPC office.

Thanks once again
The required documents are noted in the Document Checklist and also a specific checklist for each country.

It notes for your spouse to provide:

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself (and all your dependents, if applicable – whether they area accompanying you to Canada or not).
If listed in the country specific requirements for...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mylove4God2017

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
If GCKey used to say "Your application is in process, We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" what does that mean?

Reactions: Mylove4God2017

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
If GCKey used to say "Your application is in process, We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" what does that mean?
I think the file is under review

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
I think this forum has been silent for sometime now is it because, people who used to comment here have got PPR’s or everyone is being confidential? I stand to be corrected

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Does that mean immigration cases are also included?
It would seem they are prioritizing or focusing as listed, but do not mention immigration unfortunately, but it's best to attend at their office and inquire. Also, it's best to consult with AVO if you have to get a new passport considering the delays with obtaining a passport.

You could try these numbers that were published in an online article last year:

They are: 0299011200, 0299011201 and 0299011203. The number for the Accra Park application centre (Tema Station) is 0302967428.

http://kasapafmonline.com/2016/04/27/passport-application-delaying-call-numbers/

Also it is best to apply online for new passport. They are encouraging that method but their website seems to be down at the moment.

Last edited: