+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
lol.... I got the visa already bro... they aren't gonna ask me questions from physics and chemistry right? just questions from a genuine relationship I have been for over 3 years with a child in between, the officer who is going to interview me should be the one getting ready...lol
I am a little bit shocked that an interview is required when there is a child of the marriage. It shall be well though.

Last edited:

Beam

Aug 6, 2018
lol.... I got the visa already bro... they aren't gonna ask me questions from physics and chemistry right? just questions from a genuine relationship I have been for over 3 years with a child in between, the officer who is going to interview me should be the one getting ready...lol
Ha ha, I like your confidence.

Reactions: maki22

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Hello house. Kudos to maki22 for keeping this forum alive. God bless you.
I wanted to conclude my process so i could give definite timelines with regards to ppr.
To the glory of God and shame of the devil, i landed in Canada yesterday 19.08.2018. That being said, let me start my epistle. Hopefully it encourages someone and also provides information.
I submitted my application on jan 3rd 2017 after being married for 2 and a half years. My husband couldnt sponsor me after the wedding in 2014 cos he was previously sponsored by a spouse and there was a 5 year bar which expired december 2016. So technically, ive been waiting since may 2014.
After the bar expired, we submitted our application in jan 2017. He passed eligibility in 3 weeks and jan 27th 2017, my file was sent to accra. We used the old forms so id done medicals and police report upfront. We were excited and so waited for the inital 12 month processing time. In novemeber we requested our gcms notes and realized there that my eligibility hadnt even started. We requested again in January and saw that they expressed doubts over the authenticity of our marriage and might need an interview. By then it was 12 months and everyone ln this forum was making headway. Involved our MP who contacted accra severally, emailed the minister every month from january till may, emailed accra as welll yet nothing, no progress whatsoever.
In between all this, we were torn, scared, worried and even stArted contemplying the possibility of a refusal.
Then ending of may 2018, i got an email for interview for july. I was happy. But why 2 months before interview again? We considered it a blessing as that will give us ample time to prepare...and oh! We PREPARED.
Using the gcms notes and our initial application as a guide, we went over all queations we thought might have caused them to doubt. I printed over 300 photos to prove things further, facebook post, instagram posts and comments, emails (botth kinky and non kinky ones). And then i asked God to go before me and make all thiings smooth.
Had my interview on july 3rd. The interviewer was pleasant but thorough. I smiled all through, had mastered the art of not looking nervous, she asked deep questions such as my husbands previous marriage, why we didnt have kids yet, what i intend to do when i get here, pur plans together, etc. as k spoke, she typed and made reference to my initial application to see if it tallied with wht i was saying.
After about 25 mins, she sent my medical request and told me congrats. I left accra that day
I got ppr the next day. Did my medicals and my ecas showed medical passed on july 7th. July 8th i got my ppr. And then i had passport challenges.
Id submitted my passport in may for change of name to my husbands name. As at july 3rd, it wasnt ready. AFter i got ppr, i made inquiries if i could use my old passport (which expired jan 2019). The answer i got was no. So i had to go to paspport office to beg, cry and bribe and my new passport came out july 9th.
So july 10th, did my police report, added my newspaper publocation, court affidavit and both passports and went to VAC centre to submit my passport. Got a tracking number 3 days after Nd i kept checking everyday. It got to accra july 21st and on 2nd august, it changed to “passport has been dispatched from accr to canada visa office”.
I knew it hadnt come so i kept checking and on 6th august, it changed again. 7th august i went to VAC and Got my passport. Also got my pum later that day but i wasnt waiting for it since tracker had changed dates.
Booked my flight with turkish airline for $2000 to calgary. 2 stop overs, 25 hour flight.
Got to calgary. Immigration officers Landed me in 5 mins. Customs was a walk through. No stress. Very pleasant people
Saw my husband...happy ending.

In all this, ive realized this is a journey of patience and perseverance and prayers.
Im extremely grateful to people who checked on me, gave me advise and helped me.
Id be available on this forum if anyone also needs advise and id help any way i can
For those going for interview, take alot lf evidence. Be prepared. Dont act cocky, act confident. Thhey watch lir body language
I prAy for speedy response to all ppr requests still waiting.
I hope this helps someone

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
I wanted to conclude my process so i could give definite timelines with regards to ppr.
To the glory of God and shame of the devil, i landed in Canada yesterday 19.08.2018. That being said, let me start my epistle. Hopefully it encourages someone and also provides information.
I submitted my application on jan 3rd 2017 after being married for 2 and a half years. My husband couldnt sponsor me after the wedding in 2014 cos he was previously sponsored by a spouse and there was a 5 year bar which expired december 2016. So technically, ive been waiting since may 2014.
After the bar expired, we submitted our application in jan 2017. He passed eligibility in 3 weeks and jan 27th 2017, my file was sent to accra. We used the old forms so id done medicals and police report upfront. We were excited and so waited for the inital 12 month processing time. In novemeber we requested our gcms notes and realized there that my eligibility hadnt even started. We requested again in January and saw that they expressed doubts over the authenticity of our marriage and might need an interview. By then it was 12 months and everyone ln this forum was making headway. Involved our MP who contacted accra severally, emailed the minister every month from january till may, emailed accra as welll yet nothing, no progress whatsoever.
In between all this, we were torn, scared, worried and even stArted contemplying the possibility of a refusal.
Then ending of may 2018, i got an email for interview for july. I was happy. But why 2 months before interview again? We considered it a blessing as that will give us ample time to prepare...and oh! We PREPARED.
Using the gcms notes and our initial application as a guide, we went over all queations we thought might have caused them to doubt. I printed over 300 photos to prove things further, facebook post, instagram posts and comments, emails (botth kinky and non kinky ones). And then i asked God to go before me and make all thiings smooth.
Had my interview on july 3rd. The interviewer was pleasant but thorough. I smiled all through, had mastered the art of not looking nervous, she asked deep questions such as my husbands previous marriage, why we didnt have kids yet, what i intend to do when i get here, pur plans together, etc. as k spoke, she typed and made reference to my initial application to see if it tallied with wht i was saying.
After about 25 mins, she sent my medical request and told me congrats. I left accra that day
I got ppr the next day. Did my medicals and my ecas showed medical passed on july 7th. July 8th i got my ppr. And then i had passport challenges.
Id submitted my passport in may for change of name to my husbands name. As at july 3rd, it wasnt ready. AFter i got ppr, i made inquiries if i could use my old passport (which expired jan 2019). The answer i got was no. So i had to go to paspport office to beg, cry and bribe and my new passport came out july 9th.
So july 10th, did my police report, added my newspaper publocation, court affidavit and both passports and went to VAC centre to submit my passport. Got a tracking number 3 days after Nd i kept checking everyday. It got to accra july 21st and on 2nd august, it changed to “passport has been dispatched from accr to canada visa office”.
I knew it hadnt come so i kept checking and on 6th august, it changed again. 7th august i went to VAC and Got my passport. Also got my pum later that day but i wasnt waiting for it since tracker had changed dates.
Booked my flight with turkish airline for $2000 to calgary. 2 stop overs, 25 hour flight.
Got to calgary. Immigration officers Landed me in 5 mins. Customs was a walk through. No stress. Very pleasant people

In all this, ive realized this is a journey of patience and perseverance and prayers.
Im extremely grateful to people who checked on me, gave me advise and helped me.
Id be available on this forum if anyone also needs advise and id help any way i can
For those going for interview, take alot lf evidence. Be prepared. Dont act cocky, act confident. Thhey watch lir body language
Thank you for sharing your very difficult journey with us. Welcome to Canada! Your continued assistance is very appreciated! Thank you.

Please also kindly visit our new thread that summarizes the process and provides quick links to important information.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-thread-for-accra-visa-office-spousal-sponsorship-stream.574661/

Last edited:
Reactions: Beam

I_Am_Baruch

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your story with everyone on this forum.

This is really encouraging, I pray that you enjoy and be fruitful for the rest of your new life in Canada. Hopefully we all that’s still waiting would share our good news soon enough.

Cheers sis!

Reactions: Beam and maki22

Beam

Aug 6, 2018

Congratulations! It was a difficult journey, but at the end of the day, you ended up with a great news. Thanks for sharing your story.

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017

I hope this helps

Congratulation and welcome to Canada. please on the interview invite do you have the option of using an interpreter. Thanks.

KemiJ

Mar 4, 2018
Wow had to read this over and over again. You have been so strong. I'm so glad it's finally over. Congratulations. Congratulations! I don't even know what to say. This really touched me. May God Almighty bless your marriage. Congratulations darling

ead

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Congratulation and welcome to Canada. please on the interview invite do you have the option of using an interpreter. Thanks.
Yes you can have an interpreter. Although its either an english or french interpreter i think

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Wow had to read this over and over again. You have been so strong. I'm so glad it's finally over. Congratulations. Congratulations! I don't even know what to say. This really touched me. May God Almighty bless your marriage. Congratulations darling

ead
Thanks alot.

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to good news from all those waiting soon

akinwande

Feb 4, 2018
Hello can anyone help, I receive a mail from AVO on Monday stating this:

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø Client Information: Please provide details of your previous common law relationship. This must be received at this office by: 2018/08/27

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

Pls help me out what am I suppose to do n how should I go about it, thank you

maki22

Jan 6, 2018

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø Client Information: Please provide details of your previous common law relationship. This must be received at this office by: 2018/08/27

On the other thread you indicated you didn't have a previous common law relationship or proof of common law, it was unclear as to your situation.

What this request from AVO means is that on your application you have indicated that you did have a previous common law relationship and that you didn't provide them with details or answered questions pertaining to such on the application.

They are requesting details of that relationship before they can proceed. As noted they have sent you a procedural fairness letter.

If that was an error you made then that means you have to write them a letter explaining that indeed it was an honest error you made while filling out the application, and that is called a letter of explanation, and stating that you did not have a previous common law relationship.

If you did have a previous common law relationship then you have to send them details of it in a letter of explanation, such as duration of relationship and other details that should have been provided in the original application.

What is your timeline - when did you receive your AOR please?

Last edited:

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017

I think @maki22 said it all

Reactions: Beam and maki22