+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

third draw - cut off 808!

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Loving Serene said:
What! That was fast!
I'm in ON...what is the criteria for BC PNP for EE??
Oh Ontario PNP is cut off at the moment I think.. Criteria for BC PNP is based on your English results, Job offer with a company letter and reference letter, just photocopies of your passport, current photo, Certificate of Incorporation for the company you work for, BC Licence to work ( Employer), Resume, High school/Training Certs, and the Applicant forms etc.. It wasn't a whole lot and didn't take that long to do.

On a side note BC PNP were voted best business this year here in BC - they are amazing.. they will call you and ask questions, call you to let you know you missed a form, missed some information - They actually are fair and give you the opportunity to fix anything you did a mistake up on. If you lived here it would be alot easier.. lol

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
I think it does. Cause I find it weird that there were 849 people with a score between 810 and 818. They should all be new applicants with way higer scores and some with actual score between 810 and 818. I believe that majority of applicants with LMIA's applied at the beginning of EE cause they were already qualified for those 600 points. So these should be all new applicants who just got 600 points now.
But then it means they are issuing EE PNP very fast. But good thing is that they are very limited.

Papajohns

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
what would be the UCI COde for Spouse in India ?? will it be the same that i have on my LMO or it would be something different ??

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Loving Serene said:
You were selected as the pioneer for their PNP for EE program I guess :p
Lol.. No I think it was because I applied quite late in the year and applying the old way would be maybe 13 months processing time so to clear some backlog I believe they were asking if people wanted to apply via EE as that only took 12 days for me to be approved. ;D

Loving Serene

Feb 20, 2015
leights said:
Oh Ontario PNP is cut off at the moment I think.. Criteria for BC PNP is based on your English results, Job offer with a company letter and reference letter, just photocopies of your passport, current photo, Certificate of Incorporation for the company you work for, BC Licence to work ( Employer), Resume, High school/Training Certs, and the Applicant forms etc.. It wasn't a whole lot and didn't take that long to do.

On a side note BC PNP were voted best business this year here in BC - they are amazing.. they will call you and ask questions, call you to let you know you missed a form, missed some information - They actually are fair and give you the opportunity to fix anything you did a mistake up on. If you lived here it would be alot easier.. lol
Yea..Ontario is the hardest...

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
You didn't answer my question. Saying that your estimate is correct because it is an arbitrary fraction of the world population is just meaningless. Why not 5 million then, or 10?

Your wild ass guess is highly unlikely to be correct, because of the following:

- Everyone applying under FSWP needs an ECA if they don't have a Canadian education, and WES since 1974 has only issued 1,000,000 ECAs in total and approximately 100,000 per year currently, and the other two institutes are likely to issue fewer ECAs.
http://www.wes.org/ca/application/faq.asp

- To qualify under CEC, you need at least one year of Canadian work experience. Wikipedia says that there were about 500,000 foreign workers in total in Canada between 2006 and 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_foreign_worker_program_in_Canada#2014

- To qualify under FST, you need an offer of full-time employment or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority. I can't be bothered to look up how many of those are issued, but I doubt it is in the hundreds of thousands.

- Lastly, everyone needs an IELTS test (OR CELPIP), and the capacity limit is ~2 million tests per year. You would have to assume that 3/4 of all IELTS tests in the last two years are used to immigrate to Canada - clearly nonsense because many tests are also used for NZ, AUS and UK immigration purposes as well as for studying.
http://www.britishcouncil.org.eg/en/about/press/two-million-ielts-tests-last-year

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on the size of the pool, but just putting out random numbers without any rationale doesn't help anyone.
What then do you think is the reason for the consistently high number of candiates drawn with high scores? One thing is clear though. There are a lot more candidates with very high scores than previously thought. And that is scary. What if they choose to keep the scores high? They might be able to consistently draw 800 and above.

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Express Entry Profile Details
Criteria Details Help
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met Help
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met Help
Canadian Experience Class Met Help
Federal Skilled Trades Met Help
Overall Score 806 Help
CRS - Human Capital - Age 90

Well what should i do ..... crying or laughing ??????

i cant believe this :( i have only 1 month left from my work permit ....... and of course my ECA is late .... im going and jump to the river right now ....

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
My guess is that the number of people having scores above 600 has increased suddenly. I believe PNP especially from BC has played a major role in this. I have read posts in the last 2 weeks about people getting nominations via PNP and bumped up by 600.

There is no need to panic about the size of the pool. Most of the people who got ITA in third round were either having <600 or not present in the pool till the second draw. So instead of a drastic change in the (assumed) size of the pool, now there has been a shift in the score distribution within the pool. This can continue further when more PNPs gear up pushing up the scores of mostly CECs.

A non CEC draw can still go below 600 and hopefully there will be a fourth draw next week which will make it clear.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
I agree with you, I think most of the were BC PNP holders, who just got their 600 points.
Good thing is there will be just few thousands PNP which will be valid for EE?

But I don't agree on all PNP holders being CEC applicants, in most of the cases applicants for PNP don't have to have 1 year Canadian experience. I know few people who got their PNP as FSW and they had just few monts of experience in Canada.

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Monija said:
But I don't agree on all PNP holders being CEC applicants, in most of the cases applicants for PNP don't have to have 1 year Canadian experience. I know few people who got their PNP as FSW and they had just few monts of experience in Canada.
Agreed that it wont be 100% CEC. But a majority will be so.

Also this third draw also corrected the wrongly sent ITA to CEC applicants to apply for FSW in the first 2 draws. So I am not sure what the total number of ITAs issued till now is.

Is it (779 + 779 + 849 - the ITAs cancelled by CIC) or this 849 is in addition to the corrected ITAs?

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Well in my opinion 849 are the total amount of ITA's issuesed in the 3rd draw, I would guess that some of them were a new ones and some of them fixing the old ones. Cause if previous ITA's were cancelled people should have been put back to the pool to be draw from there again.
Does that make any sense?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
How many more sporadic draws before CIC disclose some statistics about the number of candidates in the pool or indicate some semblance of a strategy or timeline for future draws? People's lives are being thrown into turmoil as a result of their banana republic immigration policy, I cannot believe how unprofessional they are