third draw - cut off 808!

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iceberge said:
Hi Panka79, thanks for informing people your bad experience, anyways have you solved your problem, which you were facing for revoke system !!
I was very upset and angry with myself as I had the invitation from the 2nd round in myCIC, when I was trying to open it and instead of that I deleted it. So when they told me (after 11 days of being directed from one place to the other "-email tecnical issues, -no phone gckey, -talk to imm office,- why are you phoning us its technical issues question") I got told I cant get back my account and I lost my invitation, ("Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. We verified the information you provided. Please note that it is not possible to link an Express Entry application to your new MyCIC account. If you are not able to login your first MyCIC account, you may submit a new application. Please note that you will have to meet the Express Entry requirements in place at that time".)
I made right away a new profile, did again an Expression of interest and got selected again (CEC 834). So everyone chin up THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE (even for blondies like me :D) !! and the cut off point is going down every time ;)

dedu dedu

Feb 21, 2015
Hello everyone.

It is ok to make guesses about if the draws were for LMIA or CEC but there is something i dont understand.

They have announced that they will be inviting 250.000 people (as i remember 180.000 FSW) from pool this year. They also said that they will announce a schedule for draws but they didn't. So if i assume that they will draw 2 times in 1 mounth, they must draw 10.000 people in every draw. But they keep drawing 779,779 and 849 people.

I dont understand why they invited that less people. Is that because they did not settle down the system yet or they do not have enough employees to deal with ITA and visas now, i dont know. If they draw more number of people, the point will drop to even under 300, may be everyone in the pool now will get ITA. Cuz we dont know how many people in the pool, either. But i guess not much than 10.000 now, can be less.

Am i wrong to think that they should draw much more people?

Bhagya123

Jan 19, 2015
Guys,
My scrore is 350 and i am software engineer with NOC code 2173, do i have any hope ?
I am planning to complete ECA in March but after seeing these draw results i am really worried. can i goahead and spend 350$ to evaluate my ECA or its waste of money?
Experts need your help advises please.

rvssrajesh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhagya123 said:
Guys,
My scrore is 350 and i am software engineer with NOC code 2173, do i have any hope ?
I am planning to complete ECA in March but after seeing these draw results i am really worried. can i goahead and spend 350$ to evaluate my ECA or its waste of money?
better that you are done with the ECA asap.. cant predict the situations..
as the evaluation is of 5 years validity and only if you believe you will be invited in the future draw, just start processing..
I think its better that you start right away.. I do have the same score as you, a bit more or less of 342 with the same Noc but not eligible for the EE..
4 points short of FSW criteria and so seriously waiting for the PNP's to open as got ready with all the required docs..

So keep hope and up the confidence.. just try for a job offer if u can although too tough or else get a PNP, either of these makes ur score 950 if am not wrong.. however think u'll b in the draw one day.. this is just my opinion though.. all the best

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
dedu dedu said:
Hello everyone.

It is ok to make guesses about if the draws were for LMIA or CEC but there is something i dont understand.

They have announced that they will be inviting 250.000 people (as i remember 180.000 FSW) from pool this year. They also said that they will announce a schedule for draws but they didn't. So if i assume that they will draw 2 times in 1 mounth, they must draw 10.000 people in every draw. But they keep drawing 779,779 and 849 people.

I dont understand why they invited that less people. Is that because they did not settle down the system yet or they do not have enough employees to deal with ITA and visas now, i dont know. If they draw more number of people, the point will drop to even under 300, may be everyone in the pool now will get ITA. Cuz we dont know how many people in the pool, either. But i guess not much than 10.000 now, can be less.

Am i wrong to think that they should draw much more people?

They don't plan to invite 250,000 people. Here's a link showing the numbers they plan to take in for 2015.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-11-06.asp

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Even I am confused if I should spend extra money to do ECA. I am already done with IELTS and have a score of 410

Bhagya123 said:
Guys,

nrk99

Feb 19, 2015
All candidates who have PNP are not getting 600 points right away.
My friend who lives in Alberta with a PNP got only 60 points for that section.

rvssrajesh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please have a look at the official website of CIC which clearly mentions that u can claim 600 points under EE if u can have a PNP nomination

refer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

D) Summary of points per factor for Express Entry candidates
D. Additional points (maximum 600)
Arranged employment 600
PN nomination 600
A. Core/human capital + B. Spouse or common-law partner factors + C. Transferability factors + D. = Grand total - 1,200

Am not sure with ur friend's case but the PNP nomination gains 600 points as am sure..

sarmadnadeem

Jan 25, 2015
Third draw with cut off around 808 is really disappointing for people living outside Canada with points between 400 to 450 range. Seems like this range might never get an ITA :-[

chithra.salin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
leights said:
Well I'll def let you know because I have 919 points and applied through CEC, so hopefully should get an invite.. If I don't then who knows what's going on... lol
How did u get d job offer????
Job bank is not yet active....how to get job offer or pnp nomination?
Can we create two ee profile with different province?

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother Sarmad, as per Ministerial instructions on CIC page, the third draw was "limited" for CEC people only. It was NOT for FSW, FST, Caregiver, etc etc.

Do not loose hope. In-sha-ALLAH there's plenty of draws to follow in this year.

mechanical95

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-July-15
Doc's Request.
24-July-15 & 5-Aug-15
AOR Received.
17-July-15
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
May 15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov 15
VISA ISSUED...
8-Dec 15
LANDED..........
27-May-16
Brothers,
Where it is stated that this is limited to CEC only?

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the Ministerial Instructions page, under the second heading (Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system), where it reads;

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 20, 2015 and ending on February 21, 2015 is:

(a) in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 849; and
(b) in any other case, zero.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

And in Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, it is written;

2. Subsection 10.1(1) of the Act applies in respect of

(b) the Canadian experience class referred to in subsection 87.1(1) of the Regulations;