+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

third draw - cut off 808!

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Wow....
The magic number this time is changed. I thought they would draw only on Saturday nights.
This means that they do it any time I guess.. Good to know...

Ottawa, February 20, 2015

Chris Alexander
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (February 20, 2015)
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 20, 2015 and ending on February 21, 2015 is:

(a) in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 849; and
(b) in any other case, zero.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on February 20, 2015 at 11:59:47 UTC, have been assigned a total of 808 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System, as set out in the Ministerial Instructions referred to in paragraph (1)(a), occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Papajohns said:
anyone received ITA ?
No not yet.. fingers crossed.. I have 919 points so will wait and see and if I don't then something is going on.. lol.. I'm pretty sure I have enough points to receive an invitation.. I guess there is always the next draw if I don't.. I guess there is only 849 applicants permitted as well.. who knows

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And this only includes CEC it seems

(a) in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 849; and
with 2(b) according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp being

(b) the Canadian experience class referred to in subsection 87.1(1) of the Regulations;

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
toben said:
And this only includes CEC it seems

with 2(b) according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp being
Well...if the cut-off is above 600, it must be possible only via Job offer / PNP...whether CEC or not...

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait, this third draw's cutoff was 808? Wasn't second draw's cutoff 818? If that's the case, I might as well get comfy while I wait. This will take a long time...

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Well...if the cut-off is above 600, it must be possible only via Job offer / PNP...whether CEC or not...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 20, 2015 and ending on February 21, 2015 is:

The way I read it is they will be issuing 849 ITAs to CEC. To get one you need >=808points.

leights

Feb 20, 2015
toben said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

The way I read it is they will be issuing 849 ITAs to CEC. To get one you need >=808points.
Well I'll def let you know because I have 919 points and applied through CEC, so hopefully should get an invite.. If I don't then who knows what's going on... lol

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Two things can be inferred:-

They have supply. Imagine now the number of people lying between 750-800. A lot of wait lies in EE applicants future.

Also, this tells us how they can prioritize CEC. They increased the nominations for CEC stream.

Btw what a sh*itty pool, if a person scoring 208/600 on normal points can be granted ITA from CEC pool.

Now wait for a sensational post from the_lion full of *censored word*ty analysis. I remember some modelling by other forum member, on how second third draw will be in 450 ranges. Truth is we do not have the data available on how CIC is basing their draws.