+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada or PEBC VS WES

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
You can send envelopes even on the same day. It doesnt matter. But make sure each evelope is sent with their desired "Sender" address. For example transcripts with university address, License statement with Pharmacy board address and finally Application from your home address.

This is the only way PEBC considers that they have been sent from University or Pharmacy board. So don't hand over courier to any 3rd party who might change sender address to courier office address or something.
thank u very much shawn for answering shawn..could you please furthur explain the last sentence 4 me please ( so don’t hand over courier to any 3rd party)

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
You can send envelopes even on the same day. It doesnt matter. But make sure each evelope is sent with their desired "Sender" address. For example transcripts with university address, License statement with Pharmacy board address and finally Application from your home address.

This is the only way PEBC considers that they have been sent from University or Pharmacy board. So don't hand over courier to any 3rd party who might change sender address to courier office address or something.
thanks shawn but what do you mean by the last sentence( don’t hand over courier to any 3rd party?) and does each envelope have to be sent separately?

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
another question please..what is the best province to settle down in as canadian immigrant pharmacists? i was suggested to stay away to stay away from the big cities and look at places such as saskatchewan..wat do u think?

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
thanks shawn but what do you mean by the last sentence( don’t hand over courier to any 3rd party?) and does each envelope have to be sent separately?
I meant some 3rd party services change sender name to their office address after they pickup from home (Happens in some places). For example some XYZ services partners with FedEx or DHL and books the package from customers acting as middle men. In these cases they change sender name to XYZ while delivering to PEBC. If we send directly from DHL or FedEx this doesn't happen.

Yes, university Transcripts, Licence statement need to go in 2 seperate envelopes by respective authorities. Application, ECA form, Attested photocopy of Final Diploma/Certificate needs to be sent by you in one envelope. So 3 seperate envelopes.

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
another question please..what is the best province to settle down in as canadian immigrant pharmacists? i was suggested to stay away to stay away from the big cities and look at places such as saskatchewan..wat do u think?
Yes Big cities like Toronto, Vancouver are already flooded with Pharmacists. we can prefer some places in provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, New Foundland.

Reactions: ThenmozhiGv

ThenmozhiGv

Dec 1, 2018
All i could find on CIC website for pharmacy is

1) If you are getting an ECA report from the Medical Council of Canada or the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada, your ECA report must show that your foreign education credentials are equal to the Canadian credentials needed to practice that occupation in Canada.

2)
For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

• medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.

Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy

Please feel free to share any page from cic stating you have to work as a pharmacist to get pharmacy points in education.

I have question here, can a B. Pharm can be evaluated under WES and still considered as professional degree? I am an Industrial Pharmacist.

ThenmozhiGv

Dec 1, 2018
Hi,
I'm an Industrial pharmacist (3131) working in Formulation R&D (M. Pharm, India). I have got my ECA through WES.

I got to know that Industrial Pharmacist comes under Regulated Jobs, so if I want to work in Formulation R&D or related department in Canada after I get my PR, do I need to go through PEBC and is Licensure required for the job search..

Ur reply will be highly appreciated.
TIA
Hello Pooja, what is your status. I am also having M. Pharm from India, R&D experience and has WES report. Please reply me that would clear number of mu doubts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes Big cities like Toronto, Vancouver are already flooded with Pharmacists. we can prefer some places in provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, New Foundland.
Would stay away from Alberta especially the larger cities as well. In general Canada is flooded by pharmacist because many province increased enrolment 15 years ago especially Ontario that increased enrolment and opened a second school. The starting salary for pharmacists has actually gone down especially in larger cities. I sense other provinces will follow Ontario (and other provinces?) and get rid of the generic drug makers payments to pharmacies which will put pressure on all small pharmacies.

Reactions: shawn18

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
I have question here, can a B. Pharm can be evaluated under WES and still considered as professional degree? I am an Industrial Pharmacist.
No. B.pharm evaluated by PEBC only can be considered as Professional degree

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hello Guys. I read all your posts and replies. I still am in a confusion. I have my 4 years degree in Bpharm and 2 year degree of M.pharm. Which assessment is recommended WES or PEBC? And also state me the reason too.

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
Hello Guys. I read all your posts and replies. I still am in a confusion. I have my 4 years degree in Bpharm and 2 year degree of M.pharm. Which assessment is recommended WES or PEBC? And also state me the reason too.
It depends on your purpose. Do you want only ECA to proceed with Immigration or you want to also be able to give licensure exams and practice as Pharmacist in Canada?

If your purpose is only immigration, then you can go with WES ECA as it considers 4+2 as masters. But if you want to write PEBC licensing exams then better go with PEBC Document Evaluation and ECA as it evaluates your course as proffesional degree to practice pharmacy which also gives points equal to masters in Express entry. *Remember, if your Job experience is Pharmacist or other regulated proffesional that requires Pharmacy licence then definitely go for PEBC.

WES is comparatively less time consuming (40-60 days) and hassle free process. While PEBC process takes some efforts as it needs some notarized documents and good standing certificates from your pharmacy board. PEBC takes more than 3-4 months going by current trends.

In the end WES and PEBC both give you same points if immigration is only your purpose. So it depends on your choice depending on your profession and interest in licensing exams.

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
It depends on your purpose. Do you want only ECA to proceed with Immigration or you want to also be able to give licensure exams and practice as Pharmacist in Canada?

If your purpose is only immigration, then you can go with WES ECA as it considers 4+2 as masters. But if you want to write PEBC licensing exams then better go with PEBC Document Evaluation and ECA as it evaluates your course as proffesional degree to practice pharmacy which also gives points equal to masters in Express entry. *Remember, if your Job experience is Pharmacist or other regulated proffesional that requires Pharmacy licence then definitely go for PEBC.

WES is comparatively less time consuming (40-60 days) and hassle free process. While PEBC process takes some efforts as it needs some notarized documents and good standing certificates from your pharmacy board. PEBC takes more than 3-4 months going by current trends.

In the end WES and PEBC both give you same points if immigration is only your purpose. So it depends on your choice depending on your profession and interest in licensing exams.
Woow Shawn.

Thank you very much. You have cleared all me doubts in a single reply and really thankful for spending some time to reply my post.

I have already done my documents evaluation through PEBC, but I only need to order the ECA Report as I just received a documents stating, I am qualified for the examination. I was just curious because they told me that we only assess the Bachelors and not Masters and this was the reason I contacted as being a Masters I am qualified for express entry with adequate points. But now, I will order my ECA report from PEBC and will apply express entry right away.

Thank you very much.

Alfaz

Reactions: shawn18

tarekmohee

Jul 21, 2018
Wow, I have my Evaluating Exam in Ontario in June, and was planning to settle there.
But seem like I should reconsider that :confused:

Jan 8, 2019

WES and PEBC both provide same scores...but it’s mentioned that PEBC evaluate bachelor of pharmacy equivalent to Masters degree...so it means ECA report from PEBC will give more points....Is it so???