The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada or PEBC VS WES

Dr.dhruv

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Please preview the eca request form from the link provided below and provide feedback
http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3074/la_id/1/print/true/art_id/3116.htm
It's not written that you have to have experience as a pharmacist in your primary occupation noc code. I have primary noc code 3218 but I wanted to claim points for Professional degree. So I got ECA from PEBC just proving required Docs. They never asked me that I had experience or not as a Pharmacist.

Reactions: aspiringforPR

hakim75

Sep 28, 2018
hi i'm pharmacist from russia after 5 years studies in the university.we are considered as master of pharmacy in russia,so what

Aman1985

Mar 9, 2015
Hello,
I have just applied for PEBC. Do i need to send three separate couriers one for Mark sheet verification , one for good standing statement from Local Pharmacy Council & last Verified Degree with Application form?

Than You.

mccoy1985

Oct 1, 2018
Hello,
I have just applied for PEBC. Do i need to send three separate couriers one for Mark sheet verification , one for good standing statement from Local Pharmacy Council & last Verified Degree with Application form?

Than You.
If you mean do you need to send the envelope from a three different countries. If you graduated from a country , licensed in another then you have to send the transcript from two different countries. The application form can be sent from anywhere, it doesn’t really matter

Aman1985

Mar 9, 2015
Below I found on PEBC website

• If your licensing authority will not send it themselves, you may have a courier pick up your licensing statement directly from the licensing authority and deliver it to PEBC; the sender’s address must be that of the licensing authority.
  • We will not accept your licensing statement if it has been given to you or anyone else first or if documents that are not from the licensing authority are sent with it. Do not send your licensing statement with your application as it will not be accepted.
They are not accepting other documents with it. I have done all from Pakistan. Since they are not accepting other documents in the courier thats why am asking should i send separate courier?

canadaince

Oct 19, 2018
Below I found on PEBC website

• If your licensing authority will not send it themselves, you may have a courier pick up your licensing statement directly from the licensing authority and deliver it to PEBC; the sender’s address must be that of the licensing authority.
  • We will not accept your licensing statement if it has been given to you or anyone else first or if documents that are not from the licensing authority are sent with it. Do not send your licensing statement with your application as it will not be accepted.
They are not accepting other documents with it. I have done all from Pakistan. Since they are not accepting other documents in the courier thats why am asking should i send separate courier?
You do need 3 separate couriers:
1) Your application forms - sent by yourself
2) Your academic transcripts - sent by your uni
3) Your license verification - sent by local licensing authority

Nov 11, 2018
It's not written that you have to have experience as a pharmacist in your primary occupation noc code. I have primary noc code 3218 but I wanted to claim points for Professional degree. So I got ECA from PEBC just proving required Docs. They never asked me that I had experience or not as a Pharmacist.
They cic accept your case ?

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
My husband is a pharmacist but he has been working in the pharmaceutical industry for over 10 years now.. is it ok for him to have his pharmaceutical degree evaluated through PEBC as we need those extra points to get an ITA?

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
where can i find a local license authority? is it ok if the notary public send my license statement or i have a courier send it from the notary public office?

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
My husband is a pharmacist but he has been working in the pharmaceutical industry for over 10 years now.. is it ok for him to have his pharmaceutical degree evaluated through PEBC as we need those extra points to get an ITA?
Yes, do get the Pharmaceutical degree evaluated by PEBC as they recognise it as Professional qualification even for bachelors. Which fetches equal points to masters.

If it is 6 yrs masters(not 5yrs which is still considered Bachelors by WES), then you can go with WES evaluation and save some money as primary NoC is not Pharmacist anyways.

Do note that WES is considering 5yrs and below Pharmacy courses as Bachelors. Going with PEBC for ECA of these courses is advantage.

Last edited:

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
where can i find a local license authority? is it ok if the notary public send my license statement or i have a courier send it from the notary public office?
1.You mean Local Licence authority statement?
If you are registered in your country you can request your country Pharmacy council/board. If you haven't registered anywhere. Then you need to submit an legal affidavit notarized by public notary. Let me know if you need format of this self declared "No licence statement" text.

2. If it is license statement, then it should be directely sent to PEBC by registered pharmacy council/board. If it is self declared "No Licence Statement", then you can send it along with you application form, ECA form in same courier.

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
Yes, do get the Pharmaceutical degree evaluated by PEBC as they recognise it as Professional qualification even for bachelors. Which fetches equal points to masters.

If it is 6 yrs masters(not 5yrs which is still considered Bachelors by WES), then you can go with WES evaluation and save some money as primary NoC is not Pharmacist anyways.

Do note that WES is considering 5yrs and below Pharmacy courses as Bachelors. Going with PEBC for ECA of these courses is advantage.
Is it because he approached his career in industrial pharmacy rather than in retail pharmacy his primary NoC won’t be a pharmacist, although he is a pharmacy graduate? And if so, what do would his NoC be sales representative?

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
1.You mean Local Licence authority statement?
If you are registered in your country you can request your country Pharmacy council/board. If you haven't registered anywhere. Then you need to submit an legal affidavit notarized by public notary. Let me know if you need format of this self declared "No licence statement" text.

2. If it is license statement, then it should be directely sent to PEBC by registered pharmacy council/board. If it is self declared "No Licence Statement", then you can send it along with you application form, ECA form in same courier.
a question regarding the issue date of the transcript? does the issue date have to be a month before it is sent to the PEBC? is it ok if the issue date of the transcript is a week before it is sent to the PEBC?

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
a question regarding the issue date of the transcript? does the issue date have to be a month before it is sent to the PEBC? is it ok if the issue date of the transcript is a week before it is sent to the PEBC?
It is mandatory to send transcripts with issue date within one month. I faced a rejection of my first set of transcripts for the same reason.

It was so much waste of time and stressful as they don't even mention any specific reason for rejection in the email they just ask us to resend transcripts as per instructions and they take time (almost 20-30 days) to acknowledge the receipt even for those sent 2nd time. When I sent latest transcripts they accepted. A week before transcripts should be fine.

Also do make sure transcripts have date written or stamped on them and they are sent from university address. They take these details into consideration and it gives them a reason to refuse to accept anything without those.

Last edited: