+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada or PEBC VS WES

ha12345

Jan 21, 2021
Im from Pakistan. I got my Pharm-D degree verified from WES and it is only counting it as a bachelors degree. As I was informed before, a 5-year degree program is considered as masters? Can anyone guide me about this all?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im from Pakistan. I got my Pharm-D degree verified from WES and it is only counting it as a bachelors degree. As I was informed before, a 5-year degree program is considered as masters? Can anyone guide me about this all?
You can apply to another ECA and see if they will assess as a professional degree. WES is more strict in it's assessments.

kamyagrover

Jan 29, 2021
Hi,
I am very confuse
because i have done my 4years b.pharmacy from india and i read all your comments so im pretty much sure that i have to do ECA from PEBC but i have experience of lecturer in Pharmacy college and i dont want to practice as pharmacist in canada So if i do ECA from PEBC and they will calculate my scores as masters degree?because i dont have experience as pharmacist which NOC i have to choose for express entry please reply if any one understand my point

Reactions: aspiringforPR

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Even PEBC will evaluate your Pharm D degree as Bachelors. But in the CRS scoring Bachelors of Pharmacy degree gives you a score equivalent to a Master's degree as a 'Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession'.
Refer to the link below, select CRS system and filter the search list by 'Pharmacy', you will see the CRS equivalentnof each of the 4 Pharmacy degrees:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Hi,
I am very confuse
because i have done my 4years b.pharmacy from india and i read all your comments so im pretty much sure that i have to do ECA from PEBC but i have experience of lecturer in Pharmacy college and i dont want to practice as pharmacist in canada So if i do ECA from PEBC and they will calculate my scores as masters degree?because i dont have experience as pharmacist which NOC i have to choose for express entry please reply if any one understand my point
You can get your evaluation done from another authority as well since PEBC ECA is primarily donr by those planning to practice Pharmacy in Canada. For the CRS scoring, please refer to my comment above and the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
1.You mean Local Licence authority statement?
If you are registered in your country you can request your country Pharmacy council/board. If you haven't registered anywhere. Then you need to submit an legal affidavit notarized by public notary. Let me know if you need format of this self declared "No licence statement" text.

2. If it is license statement, then it should be directely sent to PEBC by registered pharmacy council/board. If it is self declared "No Licence Statement", then you can send it along with you application form, ECA form in same courier.
Hi there,

can you please provide me with no license statement text? and should I notarize it from a lawyer? kindly guide me through.

aspiringforPR

Mar 8, 2021
It's not written that you have to have experience as a pharmacist in your primary occupation noc code. I have primary noc code 3218 but I wanted to claim points for Professional degree. So I got ECA from PEBC just proving required Docs. They never asked me that I had experience or not as a Pharmacist.
Hi! Did CIC accept your ECA from PEBC even if you're not a practicing pharmacist? I mean does your work experience matter with regards to your ECA (wes vs pebc)

aspiringforPR

Mar 8, 2021
If you have a work experience in hospital or community pharmacy, for express entry you will be given points equivalent to a Masters degree, even if pebc has evaluated it as a bachelors degree.
just to clarify, to get the 135 points for bachelor's degree in pharmacy, i must be working as a pharmacist as well? I have read somewhere that education points are solely based on the degree itself and not affected by your experience. kindly clarify as I am not a practicing pharmacist but I have a degree in pharmacy. thanks!

Moin111

Jul 12, 2021
I have done my evaluation from WES for my masters degree in pharmaceutics. They gave canadian equivalency to masters degree.. Should i select masters degree or entry to practice professional degree option OR something else?
Hi. Did you send them a bachelor's (B. Pharma) credential too for WES ECA? or master's credential is sufficient to get ECA from WES?

mccoy1985

Oct 1, 2018
Hi. Did you send them a bachelor's (B. Pharma) credential too for WES ECA? or master's credential is sufficient to get ECA from WES?
guys it’s simple: if you have a master degree in any field, WEC is enough. If you have only a bachelor degree for specific jobs like nurse, doctor or pharmacist, you will get the masters/professional points if you attest those from the the relevant body in Canada. For example PEBC. Those have their own process to recognize your degrees. If you hold a bachelor pharmacist degree and attested it using only WES, you will get the points of Bachelor degree only.

SakinaV

May 25, 2022
Hello guys,
I am a B.Pharma (4year) and M.S.(Pharm.) (2year) in Pharmaceutical Analysis. I have completed both the degrees from India. I am planning to go with WES. But, recently, I am scared that WES might consider my Masters as a PGD. Can someone shed light on this?
Any help is highly appreciated :)

Ishu08

Jan 18, 2024
Hello
I did B pharma in India , so in canada if i do WES instead of pebc. Can i get the same crs score or not. Please give the suggestions. Thanku

srathi

Dec 10, 2023
Hello,
Is it true that one can use PEBC results (Masters Points) even while working at a different NOC and not a Pharmacist NOC?