+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The main purpose of Canadian citizenship is just to move to US?

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
Hands down, the winner of this thread as the very pinnacle of best immigrant than all of us is screech then.
Bravo!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Other don't care because they are naturally selfish and only interested in getting citizenship themselves nothing more. They usually don't have any consideration for what's long term best interest for Canada. The new citizenship law has made Canada one of the easiest for those who want to obtain 2nd citizenship the quickest. Personally, if Canada citizenship took longer than most European country citizenship requirement, these same people would not look to Canada for citizenship, they would look for the next easiest country to obtain citizenship.
OK, and since they will get the citizenship and leave, what does that have anything to do with you? why don't you just worry about your own responsibilities to your family, your own communities and your own job like everybody else? Are you running for the Oscar for best immigrant category?

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "Canadian experience" requirement is a slap in the face of smart/educated people. It is prejudicial in nature and the main reason why they move to the US after gaining citizenship. The sold Canada to professionals in many parts of the world as the place to be, but once they arrive here armed with their Masters degrees, PhDs, hard and soft skills with several years of experience, they are simply pushed into into entry level (if they are lucky) positions. Why would such people stay and bury their heads in the sand (snow)? And yet, the same people go south and are received with open arms and placed in the better positions and if ambitious, they are free to climb the ladder. The Canadian HR model and line managers are risk-averse, prejudicial and fearful of new comers, while the US is the complete opposite (they love new talents). People do what they think it's best for them.
This is 100% true, and all of us with some degree we know it. Here any abroad experience and education are not recognized. Maybe only some like IT and similar. You have to start all over again, from really begging. Like our countries ( all around the globe )are really S... hole countries. Only one person said that, but all of them are sharing his opinion secretly. The right to have decent work in a field that we are educated is our civil right. They should respect our effort and consider our sweat, not just to neglect like we are nobody and nothing.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
OK, and since they will get the citizenship and leave, what does that have anything to do with you? why don't you just worry about your own responsibilities to your family, your own communities and your own job like everybody else? Are you running for the Oscar for best immigrant category?
So are you the type that is willing to turn a blind eye to this problem? I can affect me through paying taxes, thus it's affects Canada as a whole. (ie Lebanese-Canadian taking advantage of taxpayers, in other words you and I are paying for it through our taxes). Obviously you are not interested in what's best for Canada's long term.

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
So are you the type that is willing to turn a blind eye to this problem? While it may not directly effect me, it can affect Canada as a whole. Obviously you are not interested in what's best for Canada's long term.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion with the other gentleman.
But do you know the real problem of this canadian of convenience phenomena?
I think the problem you concocted in your mind is people/ professionals are penniless when they came in this country and by god its right to have them work themselves to death at the bottom. Afterall, no politician ever cared for immigrants except for his or her vote.

What is the long term effect of people leaving then?
Depopulation of canada?
Or, revenues here in Alberta will dwindle and we cannot support the extravagant social assistance of Ontario or Quebec?
LOL!

Reactions: itsmyid

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
This is 100% true, and all of us with some degree we know it. Here any abroad experience and education are not recognized. Maybe only some like IT and similar. You have to start all over again, from really begging. Like our countries ( all around the globe )are really S... hole countries. Only one person said that, but all of them are sharing his opinion secretly. The right to have decent work in a field that we are educated is our civil right. They should respect our effort and consider our sweat, not just to neglect like we are nobody and nothing.
I agree with the Canadian experience rule affecting people with degrees. It does put them in an unfair advantage against others. I rather scrap the Canadian experience rule and change how associations / union give out licenses to practice. This is where the problem lies. An foreign educated doctor cannot even easily get the right to practice their medical. They need to be part of the professional association. Same does for any professions that requires to join an association in order to practice in Canada. With limited amount of licence to give out, foreign trained graduates will always be at a disadvantage.

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
I honestly don't get the judgement. A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. Canadians have mobility rights and can very well live wherever they please. No need to segregate naturalized Canadians from the others. People will go where they find the best opportunity.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Sorry to interrupt your discussion with the other gentleman.
But do you know the real problem of this canadian of convenience phenomena?
I think the problem you concocted in your mind is people/ professionals are penniless when they came in this country and by god its right to have them work themselves to death at the bottom. Afterall, no politician ever cared for immigrants except for his or her vote.

What is the long term effect of people leaving then?
Depopulation of canada?
Or, revenues here in Alberta will dwindle and we cannot support the extravagant social assistance of Ontario or Quebec?
LOL!
I never said they were penniless when they came here nor did I imply that at all. There are two major problems when professional immigrants come to Canada, their foreign education and work experience are usually not recognized by our government / associations, to give them the license to practice. This forces them to work at the bottom (limited medical residency space, limited license to give out). But that is one of few problems. There are others such as immigrating to Canada without any jobs lined up or having high expectations that they will end up with a high paying job after immigrating. Do you quit your job before looking for another job or do you quit your current job for a lower paying job? Or do you rather get another job lined up before quitting your current job. Chances are that you don't. While there are faults on both government and immigrants side, there has to be accountability to their actions.

Last edited:

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
I never said they were penniless when they came here nor did I imply that at all. There are two major problems when professional immigrants come to Canada, their foreign education and work experience are usually not recognized by our government / associations, to give them the license to practice. This forces them to work at the bottom (limited medical residency space, limited license to give out). But that is one of few problems. There are others such as immigrating to Canada without any jobs lined up or having high expectations that they will end up with a high paying job after immigrating. Do you quit your job or taking a lower paying job before looking for another job? Or do you get another job lined up before quitting your current job.. While there are faults on both government and immigrants side, there has to be accountability to their actions.

Be this at it may and full accountability should reign to the party who approved an application without regard to the implications and reality on the ground.

It’s like Canada approves and welcomes droves of immigrants and expect them to stay because they got “in”.

This mentality ought to stay in the past. After all, today is the 21st century.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Be this at it may and full accountability should reign to the party who approved an application without regard to the implications and reality on the ground.

It’s like Canada approves and welcomes droves of immigrants and expect them to stay because they got “in”.

This mentality ought to stay in the past. After all, today is the 21st century.
Are you saying it's the government's fault for approving an application that immigrant applied for and agreed to in the first place? Again it goes to personal accountability. The government is no different from an employer who approved and hire a worker what personally accepted job out of his/her own free will. The worker wasn't forced to work for the employer. The said worker didn't have to take the job, if he/she thinks the pay is too low.

That was one of the main problem of the old point system, a lot of educated immigrant qualified for PR on points alone with no job lined up. The new point system, while not perfect, has improved since. Now priority is given to those who has a job lined up, usually a high demand job (usually paid well).

I have no sympathy to those who quit their good paying jobs in their current country to immigrate to Canada without any jobs lined up or agreeing to take a low paying job upon landing. And if they did have a job lined up, chances are, it has nothing to do with their field of work but they applied and CHOSE to take it anyway. Of course the government is going to approve the application if the immigrant is willing to accept a lower paying job.

Last edited:

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
Are you saying it's the government's fault for approving an application that immigrant applied for and agreed to in the first place? Again it goes to personal accountability. The government is no different from an employer who approved and hire a worker what personally accepted job out of his/her own free will. The worker wasn't forced to work for the employer. The said worker didn't have to take the job, if he/she thinks the pay is too low.
You read it right.

Who made the laws?
Not you nor me. We are both immigrants here. We both applied in accordance to the current laws and are approved to be immigrants of canada.

Now, if the government will overhaul the laws that enables immigrants to fully integrate professionally, then I bet you the next commenters wallet, seldom will leave for better opportunities elsewhere. They have it here already. Maybe its the first reason why many hoped migrating here.
After all, bottom line, everything is about financials.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hands down, the winner of this thread as the very pinnacle of best immigrant than all of us is screech then.
Bravo!
This thread is nothing more than a platform of mental masturbation for some self-claimed model immigrants...
So are you the type that is willing to turn a blind eye to this problem? I can affect me through paying taxes, thus it's affects Canada as a whole. (ie Lebanese-Canadian taking advantage of taxpayers, in other words you and I are paying for it through our taxes). Obviously you are not interested in what's best for Canada's long term.
Yeah sure, your tax money is helping out those movie stars like Keanu Reeves, Ryan Reynolds, or rich guys like Elon Musk ... I totally feel your pain and am outraged by those Canadian of convenience with Canadian passport and have been living in the US for decades, I am sure they'd be miserable without the help of the tax money I paid

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
I didn’t know Elon Musk and Keannu Reeves are canucks.

Good to know.

It really figures, they will never get the opportunity they currently have if they’ve stayed in canada.

At best, Keannu could be playing in a theater, and I dunno what Elon would be doing, maybe a mere employee at bombadier.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I didn’t know Elon Musk and Keannu Reeves are canucks.

Good to know.

It really figures, they will never get the opportunity they currently have if they’ve stayed in canada.

At best, Keannu could be playing in a theater, and I dunno what Elon would be doing, maybe a mere employee at bombadier.
Even worse! Neither of these two were born in Canada. They came as immigrants and left to make their careers in the US, bastards! I can't even imagine how much strain it puts on the taxes screech339 has paid over the years...

Last edited: