+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The main purpose of Canadian citizenship is just to move to US?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Here we go again... another new thread trying to judge what people do with their life choices, including getting citizenship and moving/living somewhere after... Can't people just realize it is none of anybody's business?
Yup, NOBODY CARES what a person does after getting citizenship, as long as she/he didn't get it thru fraudulent way.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Yup, NOBODY CARES what a person does after getting citizenship, as long as she/he didn't get it thru fraudulent way.
Or become Canadian of Convenience.

Reactions: deerestlovelybear

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Not everyone can go to USA just because you are Canadian. You need to have advanced degree and US company needs to recruit you based on TN visa only after that you can move to USA. Yes Canada is better, safe and less racism, no doubt about it but it has a very low job security and less opportunity for the tech people. I know a significant number of engineers of Alberta oil and gas industry are moving to USA as for then 1 year they are job less or underemployed. If you get a higher paid job in USA and you are unemployed or underemployed in Canada, what's wrong in it? As at the end of the day you needs to pay your bill, no one is going to pay it regardless how much patriotic you are. Bottom line if you are a middle class and earning below 100k, Canada is the best place. But if you have the potential to make more then 100k USA is the best place. Now the choice is upto you.
Please make sure to say it to a parent who lost a child in one of the US shootings...

In my humble opinion, the US is NOT a good place to live, there are plenty of places who are much better than the US (Canada or elsewhere) where you could get a good living. Yes, money is critical but it is not everything.

Reactions: Manal90 and qorax

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Oh, plenty of people care. The CONS made it part of their election campaign last time. They lost, but that kind of thing has its audience still.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Those who leave the country permanently are very small minority, many stay in Canada while and after acquiring their citizenship.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Ah great! Finally another catch-all thread where people can kill their time discussing politics while waiting for citizenship and do what immigrants are best at: Criticizing other immigrants and applying higher standards to immigrants than non-immigrants would.

"I'm a better immigrant than you! What you are doing is barely immigrant-ing, look at me how I'm immigrant-ing like a true immigrant. Now let me throw a random troll-accusation at you and I can show that I'm the immigrant of immigrants. You better start immigrant-ing hard or you don't deserve to be one!"

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Ah great! Finally another catch-all thread where people can kill their time discussing politics while waiting for citizenship and do what immigrants are best at: Criticizing other immigrants and applying higher standards to immigrants than non-immigrants would.

"I'm a better immigrant than you! What you are doing is barely immigrant-ing, look at me how I'm immigrant-ing like a true immigrant. Now let me throw a random troll-accusation at you and I can show that I'm the immigrant of immigrants. You better start immigrant-ing hard or you don't deserve to be one!"
On the topic of killing time... there are better things to do than stirring up pointless argument like this, similar to a few months ago when some people used their 'scientific technique' to analyze the historical stats and concluded the processing time under C-6 will be at least 3-5 years (if I am not mistaken, it's the same prophet who started this discussion LOL)

Reactions: Buletruck and spyfy

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
The main purpose of canadian citizenship is obviously to become a canadian citizen.
Next question ? :)
Some people care about your intentions to become a citizen - mainly if you're just obtaining it as a safety net, to return later in case other choices don't work out. I don't blame them, though, as Canada is a welfare country and the government provides medical and social support for free to its citizens. I'm not saying I agree with them, but sometimes it's a good idea to walk in other people's shoes...

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
What about working in any of the USA-Canada border city and leave from your Canadian home by 7:00 AM and back to Home by 7:00 PM ;););)

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
What about working in any of the USA-Canada border city and leave from your Canadian home by 7:00 AM and back to Home by 7:00 PM ;););)
Well if you have a Canadian home at least you pay rent or property tax, so you're contributing to the system. This is really a grey area as lots of born Canadians, who live in Canada ever since, don't contribute much to the system either...

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
This is a great topic for troll baiting :) ..it will surely be appreciated by people on both sides of the politics ..like @spyfy said catch-all thread ... I will sit back and watch this thread grow ..promises to be entertaining LOL

Reactions: spyfy

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So (and I can't resist the temptation....sorry), if one is a Canadian by birth, what does it make them if they choose to work in the US? Does that make them a Canadian of convenience as well? Or do they get a "pass", because they were born here? I personally choose not to have a home in Canada (the prices are ludicrous), does that mean I haven't contributed or have done my share? Does that mean new Canadians citizens will look down on me as I don't meet their personal requirements for being Canadian or I am shirking my duties as a Canadian?

cedros123

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Funny discussion... as an European I was moving from country to country all the time for work, etc, no borders without asking me these stupid questions , so if you want to move, move, the world is big and life is short and that discussion is useless !!!