+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

funter28

May 20, 2015
In some cases it is true, but the security related activities was always retracted. Now IRCC has started retracting even the security activities for most applicants, which makes it difficult to know if an applicant is under SS or not. The only way now is to get the CBSA report, because there the security is not retracted at all and it has GCMS notes along with the CBSA report. So if the application has exceeded 6 months, and there is an apprehension of SS, CBSA report is the only way to find out.
Hi @legalfalcon, I have received cbsa notes but they r same as of gcms except i can see that my ss is in progress. U mentioned about cbsa report. Kindly guide me what does it mean and what could be the reason I have not received it. Thanks!

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hi @legalfalcon, I have received cbsa notes but they r same as of gcms except i can see that my ss is in progress. U mentioned about cbsa report. Kindly guide me what does it mean and what could be the reason I have not received it. Thanks!
i think CBSA report or CBSA Notes both are same thing with two names.
Please correct me Legalfalcon if this is not the case?

Moreover, I know that Report is only coming from CSIS. Called CSIS Report.

Reactions: funter28

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
It has been 10 days beyond the 90 days extension and yet I haven't got CBSA notes. a total of 130 days since request so far. Anyone faced a similar situation?

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
Firstly, I wasn't expecting a response from you, but it felt great!! I ended up actually verifying the data during that time, and well - PNP applications were processed slower even during that period (June 2017). The veracity of the processing times is, this time, based on interaction with actual applicants and not based on myimmitracker.

You do not have to take this personally though, as I'm sure you are yourself often baffled by IRCC's way of doing things, despite the enormous experience and knowledge that you possess about the Canadian Immigration processes.

Well :D, I never said you made that stuff up. I get it - what you stated is not a fact, it is a law. But wait, is a law not a fact? Never mind ;)

I agree, the myimmitracker data is indeed incorrect, or at least 10% of it really is bogus, which distorts the wonderful web-application's statistics. @andy108, are you listening?

When the law says (;)) "Security, Eligibility, criminality are mandatory and cannot be skipped.", how IRCC manages to complete the eAPR to PPR process in less than 20 days, still baffles me :eek:. @gurpreet.ts can shed some light, but alas, he would not have ordered GCMS notes!!

Thanks again @legalfalcon
Hi,

I agree with you on myimmitracker.com , a lot of the data seem to be bogus. However its reasonable maybe if the inland applications are processed much faster because the records of PA are easily verifiable and they have spent a couple of years in Canada already.
For outlanders that claim 20 days etc is absolutely ridiculous, unless they mean to say IRCC was dying and begging them to apply so all checks ( "Security, Eligibility, criminality") were waived.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
For those who are stuck in security screening, I have created a predictive-model in Google Sheets.

This model takes into consideration the information of PPR date of those who were in Security Screening, and who are still in Security Screening. Model has automatic adjustment feature by which it will continue to monitor the new PPR date, as well as delay that is happening to existing SS victims. All forum members are welcome to enter their details to get an idea about statistically predicted PPR date based on historical data. Of course this is an indication and you can continue to monitor sheet for changing trend of CBSA/CSIS/IRCC because sheet will continue to automatically update. Moreover, sheet also automatically recommends File Mandamus for those whose delay has crossed the above-average limits.

Security Screening Forecaster- Get Your Approximate PPR Date

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u42_1NYo4tvzzdqoUBrYkKBLkxXfiopb37_84_RrbIc/edit?usp=sharing

Enter your SS date and Nationality and know your approximate PPR date.

Fantastic job irfan.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Jul 10, 2017
@legal falcon
Dear Legal falcon

Pl I need your help to understand the below observation by case analyst as per CA its says review required on my eligibility pl read the below comment made on 25 /07/2017
***review required *** MI2 summary notes: officer t review:-SETTELMENT FUNDS a11.2 :Appears met R75: FSW Minimum requirement - Appears met R76:selction criteria points /funds: Appears met FSWPoints total 86 OFFICER TO REVIEW pL VERIFY THE DUTIES OF NOC 0016 PA HAS BEEN AWARDED 200 POINTS AEO ,-SETTELMENT FUNDS Ready to finalise RPRF complete
and then the case officer at Delhi vo reviewed on 21/08/2017

OFFICERS REVIEW ---- integrated SEARCH COMPLETE,ALL DOCUMENTS /TRAVEL//PERSONALHISTORY REVIEWED , NO CONCERNS
ATER THIS NO UPDATE ON FILE AND THE FILE IS AT ndvO
my Application status is as follows

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. .
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

KINDLY ADVICE

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
The sheet mentioned in above link has been updated with new information and new dates has been predicted and a summary of how many applicants are in security screening and how many are in normal security screening processing time and how many above average etc. With some new information about applicants who got PPR and their data has created new averages that has resulted in automatic renewed predictive dates for predictive PPR date.

Click below to see updated details.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u42_1NYo4tvzzdqoUBrYkKBLkxXfiopb37_84_RrbIc/edit?usp=sharing
Fantastic job done by irfan khan,
I recommend him to make his career in Artificial intelligence AI.
best of luck irfan.
Those who are stuck for a long time in background checks can try their luck in this sheet.

Reactions: candefy0825
Jul 10, 2017
Reposting for your kind attention @legal Falcon

14041975_Applicant, Thursday at 1:05 PM
@legal falcon
Dear Legal falcon

Pl I need your help to understand the below observation by case analyst as per CA its says review required on my eligibility pl read the below comment made on 25 /07/2017
***review required *** MI2 summary notes: officer t review:-SETTELMENT FUNDS a11.2 :Appears met R75: FSW Minimum requirement - Appears met R76:selction criteria points /funds: Appears met FSWPoints total 86 OFFICER TO REVIEW pL VERIFY THE DUTIES OF NOC 0016 PA HAS BEEN AWARDED 200 POINTS AEO ,-SETTELMENT FUNDS Ready to finalise RPRF complete
and then the case officer at Delhi vo reviewed on 21/08/2017

OFFICERS REVIEW ---- integrated SEARCH COMPLETE,ALL DOCUMENTS /TRAVEL//PERSONALHISTORY REVIEWED , NO CONCERNS
ATER THIS NO UPDATE ON FILE AND THE FILE IS AT ndvO
my Application status is as follows

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. .
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

KINDLY ADVICE

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Dear Legalfalcon,
I finally received CBSA GCMS after 4 months waiting. The notes were generated on 5 January but received on 11 April.
There is nothing much in the notes given the all the dates in activities are not mentioned, and I don't see s15 or s16 on the notes anywhere unlike the previous notes I received.
But I was hoping you can help me interpreting the first 9 actives:

Activities 1, 4, 7, 8 are for me and have the type as Security Screening with the following status:

Activity nb - Status
1 In progress by CBSA
4 Recieved by CBSA
7 Submit
8 Not Started
Activity 9 is also for me and the type is Security.
9 In progress

Activities 2, 3, 5 are for my wife and have the type as Security screening with the following status:
Activity nb - Status
2 Received by CBSA
3 Submit
5 Not started
Activity 6 is for my wife and type is Security
6 In progress

Question:
Does the order of activities indicate progress on SS, or activities are seperate? If these are seperate, what the status "submit" means?
The last few pages of the notes are format that I see for the first time and it contains EE profile details and it has an info about response from CSIS received in SRR Details. What is SRR? and is this the CBSA report?

Thank you!

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Further new features in the Google Sheet for Forecasting PPR date has been added:-

Predictive PPR Date in Case you are in Normal SS Processing Slot
Predictive PPR Date in Case you are in Above Average SS Processing Slot
Predictive Date After Which You Should think of Filing Mandamus Case

As of now the summary of sheet is as under which will also continue to increase as more SS-Victims are added:-

Number of Applicants in Normal Security Screening Processing Time:121
Number of Applicants Who Got PPR:6
Number of Applicants Whose Processing Time is Above Average:19
Total SS-Applicants in the list:146

You are also most welcome to try your luck by clicking on following link:-

Click below to see updated details:-

Try your luck if your background checks are stuck for a long time.

Click below to see updated details:-