+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

amigos72

May 3, 2018
@legalfalcon: thank you for this informative thread! I learn a lot. I am wondering how is the security check done to a refugee (successfull interview and case review) for private resettlement (g5), an individual from Pakistan in Thailand, where his life is in danger in Pakistan and safety compromised in Thailand. How are they checking the applicant’s criminality/security history with the states that harass (to put it mildly) the applicant? Is such check going to be long? Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Hsazm

May 7, 2018
united states
Visa Office......
los angeles
@legalfalcon

Hi there, I’m a US Asylee with a well paying job in a tech company in the states, but my country of origin is Iran, I have applied for a visitor visa, to see my friend in Toronto, but has been stuck in this process forever, as an asylee my travel doc is valid for only a year and I don’t have much time left. It’s expiring in July,

Knowing that and the fact that my background checks started on apr 17th. What are the chances that I can still get my visa in time.

I applied online feb 14th.

Also do walk ins to Los Angeles or New York vac, get their applications processed faster?

Thanks

Mabbs

May 18, 2018
Guys i received this email
Please be advised that your file is still under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Does this mean i entered security screening ? And if yes why ? I am egyptian i haven't travelled to any country and don't have any reason for indepth investigation, is it random?
Can you please tell me how long will it take if anyone experienced it and how can i order these csis notes

Ahmad Shqair

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Every one

Do you know any thread about landing details and how we can transfer our money to Canada knowing that i don't know any one there?

Thanks in advance

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello Every one

Do you know any thread about landing details and how we can transfer our money to Canada knowing that i don't know any one there?

Thanks in advance
Transfer u first have a Canadian account. In China, there is BMO branch you could open BMO account and apprarently pretransfer money before you land .dunno much about other countries

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Please be advised that your file is still under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Does this mean i entered security screening ? And if yes why ? I am egyptian i haven't travelled to any country and don't have any reason for indepth investigation, is it random?
Can you please tell me how long will it take if anyone experienced it and how can i order these csis notes
I had the same response and when ordered gcms i saw that im under security screening but this might varie from an application to another

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Hello guys,

Can some one tell me what does (Priority : Normal) means ?? I saw that in my SS details

Thanks

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
What @Maryz said. Fyi, I received the same email and I'm in SS. I hope your case is different, you might want to order GCMS notes.
SS selection can be completely random, however a few factors that seem irrelevant to us can trigger it. Most of us (including myself) don't really know why we're in SS.
You can read the first page of this thread, legalfalcon explains the whole process in detail. You can order CSIS notes from getgcms.com but it takes a while (I ordered 6 weeks ago and nothing yet...) Fingers crossed ;)

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
What @Maryz said. Fyi, I received the same email and I'm in SS. I hope your case is different, you might want to order GCMS notes.
SS selection can be completely random, however a few factors that seem irrelevant to us can trigger it. Most of us (including myself) don't really know why we're in SS.
You can read the first page of this thread, legalfalcon explains the whole process in detail. You can order CSIS notes from getgcms.com but it takes a while (I ordered 6 weeks ago and nothing yet...) Fingers crossed ;)
Welcome Club ! No reason to be in mais lucky we are !! I have a question i saw in my notes in security screening "Priority normal " Any clew on what it means ?

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Welcome Club ! No reason to be in mais lucky we are !! I have a question i saw in my notes in security screening "Priority normal " Any clew on what it means ?
I saw you posted in other threads too but I couldn't see anything about "Priority" on my notes. Honestly, I'm not sure it has a special meaning but who knows...

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
I saw you posted in other threads too but I couldn't see anything about "Priority" on my notes. Honestly, I'm not sure it has a special meaning but who knows...
Yes i tried to post in different threads as i hadnt a feedback, i was some applicants who have "priority : P3" & "priority : P1" but without any detail too :(

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before. I was attempting to go through the entire thread but it was taking too long so here goes.
Is it advisable to do upfront RCMP PCC for an inland PNP applicant? My application was received Jan 2, 2018. I did upfront medicals and US PCC and PCC from my birth country. A friend suggested that I also do upfront RCMP PCC with fingerprints as this speeds up the process. Looking forward to hearing your valued opinions.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
I have been getting questions on what happens in a BGC a lot in the last few months. Even though in my post, “[A]natomy of an application” available on many threads, I do discuss this briefly, but I felt there was a need for a more exhaustive post. This post in no way accurately depicts the procedures adopted by the CSIS, Canada’s premier security agency, as their procedures are highly confidential and will never be made public. However, this post is an amalgamation of the information publically available, and my personal experiences with working for the governments and law enforcement agencies in different countries.

Since this is a long post and each post cannot be over 10000 characters, I am posting the entire post in replies. The post is alphabetically numbered.

So here it goes:

A. What is CSIS and its mandate?

Before we even venture into looking at how CSIS conducts background checks, it is essential to have a brief knowledge of CSIS and what it does. CSIS in its publication has introduced itself with the following statement:

“With the large number of homeland conflicts throughout the world,
preventing the importation of these conflicts into communities
in Canada is of particular concern to all Canadians.”

The mandate of the CSIS concerning security screening of immigrants is laid down in Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (hereinafter “the IRPA”). Sections 14 and 15 of the CSIS Act authorizes CSIS to provide security assessments for the review of immigration applications to the IRCC. These assessments relate directly to the security inadmissibility criteria contained in the IRPA, with the final decision resting with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration.

Unlike other intelligence services across the globe, CSIS until early 2000 did not operate on foreign soil and its operations concerned the protection of Canadian national security mainly against internal threats. However, since threats to the security of Canada can come from criminals or terrorists using Canadian soil to perpetrate attacks of terrorist activities, both within Canada and target foreign nations, CSIS was tasked with screening all applicants seeking admission into Canada through IRCC.

CSIS is tasked with conducting security clearance for all applicants in addition the police clearances certificates furnished by the applicants, for all applicants between the ages of 18 and 65 years. The BGC is conducted to detect applicants who are, or have been, involved in espionage, subversion, or terrorism.

The screening of potential immigrants to Canada is a complex process that involves several government departments and agencies such as IRCC, Health Canada, Human Resources Development Canada, and RCMP [Royal Canadian Mounted Police] and CSIS, each of whom has specific responsibilities. A culmination of what these agencies do determines admissibility based on medical, criminality, security etc.

Specifically CSIS, in accordance with section 2 of CSIS Act, that deals with threats to the security of Canada. The IRPA in Division 4, specifically section 34 deals with the inadmissibility based on security, which is assessed by CSIS. Section 34 includes accessing the applicant for the following:

Security

34 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for

a) engaging in an act of espionage that is against Canada or that is contrary to Canada’s interests;
b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government
a. engaging in an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;
c) engaging in terrorism;
d) being a danger to the security of Canada;
e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or
f) being a member of an organization that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (b.1) or (c).

CSIS does what is known as risk management in the processing of security checks on prospective immigrants, role of CSIS focuses on those applicants who, on the basis of analysis and experience, are most likely to present a security risk. The advice provided by the CSIS assists the IRCC in determining whether prospective immigrants are inadmissible persons under the Immigration Act.

The assessment of CSIS is not binding on IRCC, and IRCC independently reviews the CSIS assessment in the final review before the application is approved. This is another reason for the delays, and more on this later.

B. When does your application go to CSIS?

Usually, the Security screening is the last step, but for some applicants, this starts early in the process. These applicants are PNP applicants. This is because a province has nominated them through their internal mechanism, thereby in a way giving them eligibility, and the role of IRCC greatly decreases, unlike FSW, CEC and other application where IRCC has to review every detail to ensure that the applicant meets the program requirement. This is another reason why PNP applications usually tend to be processed faster. More on PNP in another post, which I will post in the next few days.
Hi ~@legalfalcon ,Plz does receiving Pre-arrival services means eligibilty passed? my BGC isn't applicable yet and received pre arrival 2 months ago,is it normal? i couldn't order GCMS notes since both of us me and my wife are outside Canada why BGC isn't applicable till now?Thank you

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi ~@legalfalcon ,Plz does receiving Pre-arrival services means eligibilty passed? my BGC isn't applicable yet and received pre arrival 2 months ago,is it normal? i couldn't order GCMS notes since both of us me and my wife are outside Canada why BGC isn't applicable till now?Thank you
you could order notes outside canada. Sorry if anyone misled u. There are some websites you can still order notes outside canada but just more expensive

Reactions: ehab2222