+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

vincent552266

May 23, 2017
Dear legalfalcon,

I want to order one GCMS notes through https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/.

It says 'To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada.' However, from 'Access to Information Act (ATI)', I did not see that 'individual or corporation currently in Canada' is allowed to access the information.

So do I miss anything for the confusing?

Thanks

HKV

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for all your help! You have been a great advisor.
I had a question actually, I submitted my FSW - O application on the 18/12/2017. I am currently in IP2 stage (which changes on 27/02/2018), Still waiting for my PPR. I just wanted to understand if the eligibility check is completed or still pending at this stage?
I had emailed CPC Ottawa when I was in NA stage and they had replied back stating, security, criminality & info sharing assessment is complete. Nothing about eligibility was mentioned. This was a month back, still waiting for the PPR!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for all your help! You have been a great advisor.
I had a question actually, I submitted my FSW - O application on the 18/12/2017. I am currently in IP2 stage (which changes on 27/02/2018), Still waiting for my PPR. I just wanted to understand if the eligibility check is completed or still pending at this stage?
I had emailed CPC Ottawa when I was in NA stage and they had replied back stating, security, criminality & info sharing assessment is complete. Nothing about eligibility was mentioned. This was a month back, still waiting for the PPR!
I answered your query in the other thread.

No one in this forum, not even @legalfalcon, can tell you if you passed Eligibility. If you really want to know, you can order GCMS.

I believe @legalfalcon that the NA2, IP2 statuses are just speculative but any update is a good sign, which means CIC is working on our file.

I hope you receive PPR soon.

HKV

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I answered your query in the other thread.

No one in this forum, not even @legalfalcon, can tell you if you passed Eligibility. If you really want to know, you can order GCMS.

I believe @legalfalcon that the NA2, IP2 statuses are just speculative but any update is a good sign, which means CIC is working on our file.

I hope you receive PPR soon.
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: iamxty

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon,

I want to order one GCMS notes through https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/.

It says 'To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada.' However, from 'Access to Information Act (ATI)', I did not see that 'individual or corporation currently in Canada' is allowed to access the information.

So do I miss anything for the confusing?

Thanks
See:

Access to Government Records
Right of Access
Marginal note:Right to access to records
has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.

• Marginal note:Extension of right by order
    (2) The Governor in Council may, by order, extend the right to be given access to records under subsection (1) to include persons not referred to in that subsection and may set such conditions as the Governor in Council deems appropriate.
If the information is sought by a corporation, they have to provide their incorporation details, charter etc. Also the consent form has to be in the name of the person authorized by the corporation to file and receive such info.

aoamber

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-11-17
Med's Request
upfront
Same issue here; I am renewing again in shaa Allah this month and yes we are eligible to renew as long as our PR applications are under processing.
Hey, i am looking at your timeline. What takes so much time? if your eligibility is passed?

vincent552266

May 23, 2017
Dear legalfalcon,

My I ask a question about in-land PNP master stream.

A lot of applicants received BGIP at Feb. 27, who applied at Sep, 2016 - Dec, 2016. I am pretty sure that all of them have eligibility/medical/criminality passed at least 6 months before Feb. 27, 2018.
During the next 2 weeks from Feb. 27, 2018, many of them received PPR. However, some of them received additional documents request:

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents in relation to your Master/PhD studies:
Field of Study
The name of your Thesis Supervisor (Doctoral Advisor)
List of your publications
Detailed CV/Resume: A document containing a description of your education, qualifications and experience.

Someone say this means these applicants fall into Deep Security Screening and their background check will take as long as 6 months more than the ones who did not received it.

My first question is that it looks like a lot of applications has BGC started before they see status changed into BGIP in MyCIC. Is that possible?

I know you never predict. However, according to your history data/experience, did the applications with this 'additional documents request' take at least 6 months longer than the ones who did not receive any documents request?

Thanks

Reactions: candefy0825

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
@Hanan22 I am not in canada and my pgwp is expiring in August end. I want to visit canada in end of july to apply for bowp. Throughout my pgwp i didnt stay in canada. Do u think returning back to canada just before a month of pgwp expiry will still make me eligible to apply for bowp? I will just visit canada for around 20 days to apply for bowp and will return back afterwards. My eligibility is passed for PR application. Kindly guide.
As far as I know since you have a PR app in processing and you are in Canada at the time of renewing, you are still eligible to bridge your work permit. you can take the (coming to Canada survey) on IRCC to confirm. all the best.

Reactions: funter28

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know since you have a PR app in processing and you are in Canada at the time of renewing, you are still eligible to bridge your work permit. you can take the (coming to Canada survey) on IRCC to confirm. all the best.
Hanan, any idea where your application is right now with respect to the security screening? I got an update that my additional documents are being reviewed. Previously this was "Not needed". Stuck in SS since July 2017.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hanan, any idea where your application is right now with respect to the security screening? I got an update that my additional documents are being reviewed. Previously this was "Not needed". Stuck in SS since July 2017.
I have no Idea. I contacted CSIS and CBSA via ATIP on Feb 20th, still waiting for their response. I got the same update of "additional documents are being reviewed" even though I didn't submit anything since April 2017. In shaa Allah we will receive our PPR soon. I am also Stuck in SS since July 2017. All the best.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no Idea. I contacted CSIS and CBSA via ATIP on Feb 20th, still waiting for their response. I got the same update of "additional documents are being reviewed" even though I didn't submit anything since April 2017. In shaa Allah we will receive our PPR soon. I am also Stuck in SS since July 2017. All the best.
I asked for my reports on the same date :) IA let us hope for the best.

Reactions: Hanan22

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Dear @legalfalcon , I'll try to make it short:

Info:
  • Passed 9.5 months since AOR.
  • Under SS for ~7 months.
  • Just received third set of GCMS and absolutely no change since the last time... 4+ months without a single movement.
  • Feb 2018 - "update" on MyCIC account: Additional documents went from "We need more documents to continue processing your application" to "We are reviewing the documents you provided" - although I hadn't received any ADR, nor sent any additional docs since August.

My questions are:

1. Is this normal? Is my file forgotten / gathering dust somewhere?
2. Do you think that the tiny Additional Documents "update" means anything at all?
3. Should I ask them if they are going to extend our medicals (expiring in May) or is it too early?
And finally, I really want to contact CPC Ottawa but I don't really know what to tell them, a generic response won't be enough; is there anything else I can do at this point?

Thank you for your help. I hope others in similar situations will find your answers helpful.

IRGZ

Mar 15, 2018
Hello; I hope anyone can help me to understand if my case is going through normal processing time and If I should expect to be finalized soon.

AOR: September 06, 2017
Medical Passed October 04, 2017
And since then:
BG: NA
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents

At February 26, 2018 the BG status and the Additional documents status changed as following meanwhile I received a mail to renew a passport that was about to expire:
BG: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.

I provided the copy of the new Passport one week after they requested but nothing changed.
I called the IRCC and the agent told me that I'm under security check.

What I need to know is:
Is the security check initiated after 26 Feb? And does it take months or days?
And staying in the BG:NA status for 5 months is normal?
Should I expect any other change in the statuses or the PPR is the next step directly?