+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thanking Liberal Government for C-6: Sample Letter/Email

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Diplomatru said:
I have just received a reply from my MPs office (Lib.) and would like to give you a quick update on the situation:

1) They view C-6 as a "central election promise"
2) Naturally he will vote in favour
3) They expect it will pass "by the close of the June sitting in a few months’ time"

I invite everyone to jump on this train and get proactive with your MPs! I've seen a lot of people here guessing when they can apply under the new rules. It's not something that you can take for granted, you've got to provide feedback through democratic institutions available to you as a PR, so that politicians stay on track. If you want this to happen, you can spend 30 minutes writing a letter or driving to the local MPs office. Let's back this guys who are doing a great job for us.
Thanks Dip!

I've already sent emails to McCallum and my MP, Chrystia Freeland.

I'll follow up with mail letters as well.

I may even swing by Ms. Freeland's office next week! Get the word out! Democracy works, apparently!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robw said:
Thanks Dip!

I've already sent emails to McCallum and my MP, Chrystia Freeland.

I'll follow up with mail letters as well.

I may even swing by Ms. Freeland's office next week! Get the word out! Democracy works, apparently!
robw, we are lucky to have you on board! Thank you!

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Diplomatru said:
Almost none. But to make sure, you have to contact you MP and request to support C-6.
My MP is from conservatives but before the last election as you guys know, they MPs knock at the doors and I agreed to put his sign in my front yard. Can I swing by his office and ask him to support Bill C6? HE IS CONSERVATIVE! :eek: ;D

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
CanadianME said:
My MP is from conservatives but before the last election as you guys know, they MPs knock at the doors and I agreed to put his sign in my front yard. Can I swing by his office and ask him to support Bill C6? HE IS CONSERVATIVE! :eek: ;D
Tell him that if he wants to stay in power he better become Liberal :D

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianME said:
He is an MP for all people of your riding, regardless of their political affiliation. You should totally request him to support C-6!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Diplomatru said:
I have just received a reply from my MPs office (Lib.) and would like to give you a quick update on the situation:

1) They view C-6 as a "central election promise"
2) Naturally he will vote in favour
3) They expect it will pass "by the close of the June sitting in a few months’ time"

I invite everyone to jump on this train and get proactive with your MPs! I've seen a lot of people here guessing when they can apply under the new rules. It's not something that you can take for granted, you've got to provide feedback through democratic institutions available to you as a PR, so that politicians stay on track. If you want this to happen, you can spend 30 minutes writing a letter or driving to the local MPs office. Let's back this guys who are doing a great job for us.

Dear Diplmatru

I am a PR but I only done a short landing , i dont have a specific MP . how can we the Pr's who didnt make the final move yet help with this , whom we contact ?

thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
Dear Diplmatru

I am a PR but I only done a short landing , i dont have a specific MP . how can we the Pr's who didnt make the final move yet help with this , whom we contact ?

thanks
Dear cooldoc80,
Your desire to contribute to the process is greatly appreciated. If you have any friends or relatives who live in Canada, ask them to aproach their MPs.