+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thanking Liberal Government for C-6: Sample Letter/Email

rmorgan

Jan 24, 2015
Greetings everyone,

As most of you may know by now the Liberal Government tabled Bill C-6 yesterday which will amend the Conservative Government's Bill C-24. Bill C-6 has removed the two tiered citizenship, brought back the three year residency requirement, etc etc. You can see the details on Dpenabill's thread (Toward Understanding Bill C-6 to Amend Citizenship Act; new 3/5 rule plus) and Diplomatru (thank you) has advised that Bill C-6's second reading will be held on March 9th.

To thank the liberals, and to encourage them on their task of making this Bill C-6 into law, it will not hurt to send them a letter/email of thanks. A sample letter addressed to Minister McCallum is given below for your convenience. I have already sent mine out. Please feel free to amend the letter as you like, and encourage your friends to send one too. Please also send a similar letter to the MP in your area.

It is important that to list your name and contact details at the end of the letter, so the Minister can appreciate that many different people are sending this letter.

If you can't or don't want to send out this letter/fax/email, don't worry too much. The liberals are probably not going to let childish rants against Bill C-6 (coming from a small but vocal minority) deter them from taking Canada back to its liberal ideals.

Cheers,
Rmorgan

Sample letter/email/fax follows below:

Dated:

The Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1L1.
Tel: 613-954-1064 Fax: 613-952-5533 Email: Minister@cic.gc.ca

Subject: Thank you for Tabling Bill C-6! Hope Processing Times Are Reduced Concurrently

Dear Minister,

Thank you very much for tabling Bill C-6, which makes a Canadian be a Canadian again, and removes the divisive two tiered citizenship thrust upon us by the previous conservative government.

In addition to making good on the prominent election promise of eliminating two tiered Canadian citizenship, Bill C-6 has gone beyond and fulfilled in a meaningful way the Liberal Party’s inclusive platform by removing the 'scowls' directed at new immigrants by Bill C-24. Thank you again, and we look forward to this becoming the law of the land at the earliest.

I am confident that the Government has considered all aspects and will allocate additional resources to ICRC to handle the extra volume of applications that Bill C-6 may result in, so there is no bottleneck due to processing times that the small (but vocal) minority that opposes Bill C-6 can harp on.

My family, friends, and I look forward to exercising Canadian citizens’ right to vote in the next elections. And the next.

Thank you again,

NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL, PHONE

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
My only concern is the processing times. If the Liberals manage to keep the processing timelines at reasonable level that will be 100% SUCCESS for the Liberals.

I will also sent a Thanking letter because as a proposed Law I fully support it.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Politren said:
My only concern is the processing times. If the Liberals manage to keep the processing timelines at reasonable level that will be 100% SUCCESS for the Liberals.

I will also sent a Thanking letter because as a proposed Law I fully support it.
Do you really think they would be so stupid as to change the law and then suffer the backlash that would result from a massive jump on processing time? Well, we will see I guess....

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next week MPs will be working in their ridings. I will visit my MPs office and encourage him to vote in favour of C6 as well as writing a letter to Mr. McCallum.

rmorgan

Jan 24, 2015
Thanks Politren and Diplomatru,

I modified the sample letter so that it emphasizes reduction in processing times also.

Cheers
Rmorgan

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
nice idea guys, lets do it , thanks to all your efforts , i'm sure our continous letters should have had some minimum effect atleast

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's take a moment to praise Hon. John McCallum. It is so rare that a brilliant mind is accompanied by a kind heart. Especially in the sphere of politics. Hon. John McCallum is exactly this kind of person. I praise him for welcoming prospective citizens "with a smile rather than a scowl". When the PM announced his cabinet I immediately posted to congratulate Mr. McCallum on his mandate as IRCC Minister because I was following his speeches in the House of Commons and was well aware of the fact that, although he is an economist by trade, he knows the difference between figures and human beings. Sadly, I am not a religious person, but I know that tens of thousands of people among the immigrant population of Canada keep him in their prayers. I have a a lot of respect for Mr. McCallum and wish him well! You are our hero, and we will always remember your kindness! Thank you!

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Diplomatru said:
Let's take a moment to praise Hon. John McCallum. It is so rare that a brilliant mind is accompanied by a kind heart. Especially in the sphere of politics. Hon. John McCallum is exactly this kind of person. I praise him for welcoming prospective citizens "with a smile rather than a scowl". When the PM announced his cabinet I immediately posted to congratulate Mr. McCallum on his mandate as IRCC Minister because I was following his speeches in the House of Commons and was well aware of the fact that, although he is an economist by trade, he knows the difference between figures and human beings. Sadly, I am not a religious person, but I know that tens of thousands of people among the immigrant population of Canada keep him in their prayers. I have a a lot of respect for Mr. McCallum and wish him well! You are our hero, and we will always remember your kindness! Thank you!

100% Agree Now I Want to see the bill is passed and miserable faces of con clowns that Jason Kenney in particular. I will be loving it Bring it on and Rub it in I cannot stop saying Life is good.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Thank you for the thread Morgan.

We sent an email thanking the Hon Minister that same evening he made the announcement, and yes definitely will send the letter too.

We have to show our gratitude

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Jason Kenney was a good minister at CIC, he did bring a lot of positive changes at CIC, eventhough we can agree the overall PC Govt's policies were not good.
IRCC needs modernization, forms need to be like the new IMM0008 which generates a barcode upon completion which allows quick data entry into computer systems for processing. CIC needs to modernize and digitalize all the forms,etc and streamline processing and data entry which i believe takes up most of the time.
Similarly PR Card forms/COPR needs barcoding too so it can generate PR Cards faster. Why does it take so damn long for PR Card to be issued whether its newcomer or its renewals. The process needs 100% improvement.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
canvis2006 said:
Jason Kenney was a good minister at CIC, he did bring a lot of positive changes at CIC, eventhough we can agree the overall PC Govt's policies were not good.
IRCC needs modernization, forms need to be like the new IMM0008 which generates a barcode upon completion which allows quick data entry into computer systems for processing. CIC needs to modernize and digitalize all the forms,etc and streamline processing and data entry which i believe takes up most of the time.
Similarly PR Card forms/COPR needs barcoding too so it can generate PR Cards faster. Why does it take so damn long for PR Card to be issued whether its newcomer or its renewals. The process needs 100% improvement.
I agree everything you said but not the part about Jason Kenny.
RQ Squad Chief created havoc and caused significant damage to immigrants.
He is still out there asking English to English translation of clear non accented English spoken by defense minister Harjit Sajjan.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
canmozu said:
I agree everything you said but not the part about Jason Kenny.
RQ Squad Chief created havoc and caused significant damage to immigrants.
He is still out there asking English to English translation of clear non accented English spoken by defense minister Harjit Sajjan.
If Jason Kenny cant understand English of defense minister how he was understanding English of Tim Uppal?

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
heeradeepak said:
If Jason Kenny cant understand English of defense minister how he was understanding English of Tim Uppal?
Tim Uppal was one of the many seals of Con Clown Circus whose job was to clap without any rhyme or reason.