+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
452 is iffy now. Let's wait for another draw in March to see if they invite more than 1200 applicants this time around. Unfortunately, if they choose to stick with 1000-1200 ITAs/draw in the near future, your chances appear bleak for now.
:( Thanks for replying..I appreciate it

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lubin said:
Thanks Asivad +1ed!

by the way, the issuing bank was not JP Morgan in India. It was this popular Indian bank named Axis Bank. JP Morgan Chase holds the "Nostro account(foreign currency database for CAD)" with the Axis Bank and that was the reason they could only issue it for JPMChase.

And I have called and checked from many sources including JP Morgan HQ in New York and confirmed that they do not operate personal banking in Canada anymore.
If you're still worried about this, check with the bank for their multi currency travel card. Those are perfectly acceptable.

I found this on their site ---> http://www.axisbank.com/personal/forex/multicurrency-forex-card/features-benefits.aspx

ajayajay

Mar 4, 2016
Questions to Asivad Anac and Other Experts in this forum

I am working in Canada and I have applied for PR few months before. My spouse is working in US. If CIC send me the PPR email, then I have following questions around it.

1) As a primary applicant, do I need to ask my spouse to send her passport to my canadian address and I should send both of our passports
together to CIC Ottawa ? (or)
2) Do I need to send the passport alone to CIC Ottawa and my spouse can send her passport separately to CIC Ottawa from her US address ? (or)
3) Do we need to raise CSE or write a LOE if we plan to send the passports separately to CIC ottawa? (or)
4) My spouse has to come to Canada on Visitor visa or I need to go to US and send both of our passports together in a single mail to CIC ottawa ?

Please help me to understand the process around this situation. It would be great if you share the information from CIC website if you are aware of already.

Mohman

Feb 11, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
You weren't working for the government, so No.
Thanks alot for your answer but i wanted to clarify that the project unit is part to the Ministry and we report to the minister but we are kind of independent from their payroll and procedure and we work as consultants.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Questions to Asivad Anac and Other Experts in this forum

ajayajay said:
I am working in Canada and I have applied for PR few months before. My spouse is working in US. If CIC send me the PPR email, then I have following questions around it.

1) As a primary applicant, do I need to ask my spouse to send her passport to my canadian address and I should send both of our passports
together to CIC Ottawa ? (or)
2) Do I need to send the passport alone to CIC Ottawa and my spouse can send her passport separately to CIC Ottawa from her US address ? (or)
3) Do we need to raise CSE or write a LOE if we plan to send the passports separately to CIC ottawa? (or)
4) My spouse has to come to Canada on Visitor visa or I need to go to US and send both of our passports together in a single mail to CIC ottawa ?

Please help me to understand the process around this situation. It would be great if you share the information from CIC website if you are aware of already.
The PPR letter will clearly inform you that you need to send the passport to CPC, Ottawa if you are based in North America. Option 2 above.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohman said:
Thanks alot for your answer but i wanted to clarify that the project unit is part to the Ministry and we report to the minister but we are kind of independent from their payroll and procedure and we work as consultants.
I understood that from your earlier message. Still a No.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Asivad,

My spouse's ECA hard copy report hasn't arrived (probably got lost).
Is it true that the electronic version of the ECA report from WES (downloaded from my WES account) is enough and I can attach it during document upload for e-APR? or should I order a duplicate hard copy report?

Thank you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamSamo said:
Hi Asivad,

Is it true that the electronic version of the ECA report from WES (downloaded from my WES account) is enough and I can attach it during document upload for e-APR? or should I order a duplicate hard copy report?

Thank you.
You wouldn't need a hard copy report. IRCC usually doesn't even ask you to upload the ECA report - you simply key in the reference number. Make sure that your reports was requested for immigration purposes - it will have an 'IMM' suffix - and use the electronic version where required.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
SamSamo said:
Hi Asivad,

Thank you.
order another one, but it cannot be lost, check the tracking number of UPS

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
SamSamo said:
Hi Asivad,

Thank you.
If you are not applying for PN with MCIIT (OINP), then just for e-APR the WES Reference No. with IMM as suffix is enough. You don't even need the downloaded pdf copy.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You wouldn't need a hard copy report. IRCC usually doesn't even ask you to upload the ECA report - you simply key in the reference number. Make sure that your reports was requested for immigration purposes - it will have an 'IMM' suffix - and use the electronic version where required.
That's great news.
Yes, we've got "IMM" suffix in our reference number.

Thanks a lot Asivad.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
If you are not applying for PN with MCIIT (OINP), then just for e-APR the WES Reference No. with IMM as suffix is enough. You don't even need the downloaded pdf copy.
Yep, just for e-APR, not PN.

Thank you.

jj_g

Jan 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
06-03-2016
Hi Guys,
I got a request for schedule A,
"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form
(IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please provide details on your personal history for the period June 2006- Sept 2008"

Will like to confirm if i only need to provide the details of personal history requested between June 2006 and Sept 2008 or do i need to fill the whole form.
Secondly between the period of June 2006 and September 2006 i was home cos i finished uni June 2006 so is it okay to put unemployed there?

Will appreciate responses

Halifaxian

Jan 7, 2016
Hi Asivad.

While landing somewhere, is it OK to leave a local friend's home address to receive the permanent resident card?

Thank you very much.

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
HI Asivad

Is it necessary to carry the settlement fund with us during the first landing ??

Is it possible that during the first landing we can take less amount but after couple of months we can bring the remaining amount from our home country?

Also, my Indian passport is going to expire in next 5-6 months and at that time i will be in canada. So whats the procedure to renew my passport??

Thanks alot