+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
rhonny20 said:
Help Help..Asivad and other seniors

I Have applied PR under express entry (ITA 22 may). My work permit is expired and I had applied restoration to keep my status valid. I do have a valid provincial nomination under EE .

My question : Can I leave canada and wait for my PR in my home country as restoration will take at least 4 months?
Please anyone??

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi asivad, i want to ask if the Employment requirements for NOC is really required by CIC after ITA. I am under FSWP NOC7237, one of my employment requirements is a 'Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.' I only have two years work experience in this NOC, will I have problem with CIC later on or it's just a guideline for employment there and not requisite to my application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
infomaster said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a question in regards to ECA. I am masters in (computers) and preferring to get my ECA done through WES. My questions are:

1. Do I need to send details on all my secondary, higher sec, bachelors and masters to them ?

Only Bachelors and Masters will suffice.

3. Secondly, they have a req for having the institution send them directly. Since I have all the credentials with me, can't I send them directly in a sealed envelop ?

The seal has to be affixed by the University, you can't do it at your end. Also, the mark sheet copies need to be signed by the competent authority at your University before enclosing them in a sealed envelope - that's what a transcript is all about.

3. Even I need to contact the university to send the details, how tough is that process usually been ? my universities are Delhi and UP Technical and I stay in delhi. So getting them explained to send to CIC is what I am worried as they are in a different state ? please help with some suggestions here ?

They don't have to send the transcripts to CIC but to WES Canada. Alternatively, they can send it to you in Delhi and you can forward the transcripts to WES.
Read more here --->
http://www.wes.org/ca/application/apply_now.asp>

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go get it said:
Thank you Asivad... :)

Some more doubts. 9 years back I joined as a junior executive, got promoted as Senior executive after 2 years and became Asst Mgr 5 years ago. Important duties are almost similar. The main difference is that designations (responsibilities) changed. So when I apply now, how many years of experience should I show in current designation? Can I claim 9 years of experience in CIC 67 points eligibility calculator as well as CRS tool? Also should my reference letter mention all these designations separately with duties and responsibilities for each job?

You can claim as many years of work experience as you need and as can be proved using valid work reference letters. The way you've described your experience appears to suggest that your previous experiences cut across multiple NOCs - look into that carefully while applying.

As I said in previous post, I'm an Asst Manager in freight forwarding, my duties match approx 70-80% with NOC and my additional duties include managing our Customs clearance dept too. Will there be any harm if my company show Customs clearance duties in my reference letter?

Showing additional roles & responsibilities over and above the main duties as mentioned in your chosen NOC won't hurt your application.

Appreciate the efforts you put for all of us. You are really amazing. May you get your visa soon. :D Jay...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonesM said:
Hi asivad, i want to ask if the Employment requirements for NOC is really required by CIC after ITA. I am under FSWP NOC7237, one of my employment requirements is a 'Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.' I only have two years work experience in this NOC, will I have problem with CIC later on or it's just a guideline for employment there and not requisite to my application?
These are usually good-to-have guidelines not mandatory conditions for being eligible in a particular NOC.

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
rhonny20 said:
Help Help..Asivad and other seniors

I Have applied PR under express entry (ITA 22 may). My work permit is expired and I had applied restoration to keep my status valid. I do have a valid provincial nomination under EE .

My question : Can I leave canada and wait for my PR in my home country as restoration will take at least 4 months?
Asivad..???

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

Another question regarding police clearance. i have been going for a lot of business trips to Qatar over the past 5 years and I get 30 days visit visa on arrival at Qatar airport because I am a resident of UAE. I often stay there for a few weeks and then come back to UAE and again go back to Qatar and get a new 30 days visit visa on arrival (its a trend here with UAE companies sending their staff to Qatar for ongoing projects and new business prospects)

My question is this - Over the past 5 years, I have stayed much much longer than 6 months in Qatar but it has never been more than 4 or maximum 5 weeks at a stretch. I went to the Qatar Criminal Investigation Department and requested for a Police Clearance Certificate but they said they cant issue me one since I am not a resident of Qatar and dont have a Qatari resident ID. They dont issue to visitors of the country. I also double checked with Qatar embassy in UAE and they confirmed the same thing.

Due to my previous experience of being rejected for not providing Australian police clearance and not being allowed a chance to appologize and explain my misunderstanding of the CIC requirements, I wonder what I should do now in order to avoid another rejection without getting a chance to explain my situation to them? Should I write them a letter and attach it along with my documents? or should I ask my company to write one and explain the situation? Do I even need one? I told the Qatar embassy this is for Canadian immigration and they are quite strict about such issues but the only response I got from them is that Police Clearance certificates are not issued to visitors anywhere in the world, CIC understands that. I even asked them to give me a letter confirming they cant provide me with a police clearance certificate but they refused.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soccerdude84 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Another question regarding police clearance. i have been going for a lot of business trips to Qatar over the past 5 years and I get 30 days visit visa on arrival at Qatar airport because I am a resident of UAE. I often stay there for a few weeks and then come back to UAE and again go back to Qatar and get a new 30 days visit visa on arrival (its a trend here with UAE companies sending their staff to Qatar for ongoing projects and new business prospects)

My question is this - Over the past 5 years, I have stayed much much longer than 6 months in Qatar but it has never been more than 4 or maximum 5 weeks at a stretch. I went to the Qatar Criminal Investigation Department and requested for a Police Clearance Certificate but they said they cant issue me one since I am not a resident of Qatar and dont have a Qatari resident ID. They dont issue to visitors of the country. I also double checked with Qatar embassy in UAE and they confirmed the same thing.

Due to my previous experience of being rejected for not providing Australian police clearance and not being allowed a chance to appologize and explain my misunderstanding of the CIC requirements, I wonder what I should do now in order to avoid another rejection without getting a chance to explain my situation to them? Should I write them a letter and attach it along with my documents? or should I ask my company to write one and explain the situation? Do I even need one? I told the Qatar embassy this is for Canadian immigration and they are quite strict about such issues but the only response I got from them is that Police Clearance certificates are not issued to visitors anywhere in the world, CIC understands that. I even asked them to give me a letter confirming they cant provide me with a police clearance certificate but they refused.
You don't need a PCC for Qatar because you have never lived there for 6 months in a row.

ACE001

Jul 12, 2015
Hi,

I have been following this forum for a while now and found it really helpful! Thank you everyone!

I have two queries, appreciate if you guys can give your input:

1. Change EE profile information (no change in points)

I submitted my EE profile on 29 June and got ITA in last draw (points 468)

I want to modify my experience information for ITA application, which will not affect my points.

In EE, I mentioned my last designation with my employer and mentioned the whole employment period for that designation.

Designation 3
Period: 1/1/20X1 to 1/1/20X5

Now, since I have to provide experience letter stating all positions that I held at the Company, I would like to modify my experience information for ITA application accordingly so as to match the experience letter information:

Designation 3
Period: 2/1/20X4 to 1/1/20X5

Designation 2
Period: 2/1/20X2 to 1/1/20X4

Designation 1
Period: 1/1/20X1 to 1/1/20X2

Number of years of experience is same (with same employer), so there will be no change in my points; should I modify or keep the same information that I submitted for EE ?

2. Passport
I had an old passport and a new passport was issued in-lieu of that, reference of my old passport is also coming in my new passport (old passport # is mentioned).

In documents requirements I have to provide a clear and legible copy of the bio data page, should I scan the bio data page of my old passport too?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACE001 said:
Hi,

I have been following this forum for a while now and found it really helpful! Thank you everyone!

I have two queries, appreciate if you guys can give your input:

1. Change EE profile information (no change in points)

I submitted my EE profile on 29 June and got ITA in last draw (points 468)

I want to modify my experience information for ITA application, which will not affect my points.

In EE, I mentioned my last designation with my employer and mentioned the whole employment period for that designation.

Designation 3
Period: 1/1/20X1 to 1/1/20X5

Now, since I have to provide experience letter stating all positions that I held at the Company, I would like to modify my experience information for ITA application accordingly so as to match the experience letter information:

Designation 3
Period: 2/1/20X4 to 1/1/20X5

Designation 2
Period: 2/1/20X2 to 1/1/20X4

Designation 1
Period: 1/1/20X1 to 1/1/20X2

Number of years of experience is same (with same employer), so there will be no change in my points; should I modify or keep the same information that I submitted for EE ?

You can still choose to keep all of that as a single line item in your work history and let your reference letter do the work of explaining the different designations.

2. Passport
I had an old passport and a new passport was issued in-lieu of that, reference of my old passport is also coming in my new passport (old passport # is mentioned).

In documents requirements I have to provide a clear and legible copy of the bio data page, should I scan the bio data page of my old passport too?

Just the current passport should be enough.

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Thanks a ton for the explanation Asivad. You have been of great help !

One more question open to anyone from this group !

Did anyone had contacted UP Technical University before to send your transcripts ? Are their any contacts within UP Technical University which can help complete this process at the earliest ?

tommywu9192

May 28, 2015
Hi, i was wondering after getting PT from ontario, which factors do ontario use when decide who will get the nomination and who don't?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tommywu9192 said:
Hi, i was wondering after getting PT from ontario, which factors do ontario use when decide who will get the nomination and who don't?
They haven't publicly declared either those factors or the weights associated with those factors but it is safe to assume that it will some combination of NOC hotness, age, education & experience and ties to Ontario component.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
They haven't publicly declared either those factors or the weights associated with those factors but it is safe to assume that it will some combination of NOC hotness, age, education & experience and ties to Ontario component.
That means people with no ties to Ontario should not have any hope :(
In some other threads I read that only those currently working in Ontario (on work permits) are actually getting the PN, is that true?
Though I have already applied still if some people can benefit from this information and save their 1500 CAD (which is non-refundable) it will be good!
Also is there any way to find out actually how many nominations have been given out?? Since the cap is only 5000.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
That means people with no ties to Ontario should not have any hope :(
In some other threads I read that only those currently working in Ontario (on work permits) are actually getting the PN, is that true?
Though I have already applied still if some people can benefit from this information and save their 1500 CAD (which is non-refundable) it will be good!
Also is there any way to find out actually how many nominations have been given out?? Since the cap is only 5000.
As I said, this is just speculation because MCIIT hasn't declared anything about their selection factors yet.

I'm assuming 'ties to Ontario' will be an important factor but so would be age, education and experience among others. There is no reason yet to assume that people with no ties to Ontario will not be considered. MCIIT has promised a 90 day window to process 80% of the applications and it is hardly 30 days since the first application reached them in mid June. Patience (and much more information) is in order before deciding what their factors could be to select people for PNs.