+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Asivad,

I have a question. My bank does not calculate an average on monthly basis, but do calculate a daily average. I actually don't understand that what exactly a 6 month average means? Is it the amount in your bank account on the last day of every month for last 6 months divided by 6?? Or its something else??

Secondly, after reading thru the discussion I understand that money taken from parents can be considered as gift and needs to have a self declaration attached. In order to fulfill minimum requirement of POF, I have to deposit a certain amount on the 6th month. For example Out of the required 12000CAD, I am maintaining a balance of 10,000 CAD along with monthly transactions(in and out of money) for 5 months. And in the 6th month I will deposit the remaining 2000 CAD. Does this action will have any negative impact on my 6 month average and will I be questioned for this action.

Thirdly, I want to submit my application by 20th of July. I will have minimum required balance by 20th. Now if I calculate my last 6 months from February 1st then I do not complete 6months. So, in that case do I need to wait till end of July to submit my application or I can give a statement starting from 20th January or before?? If I take the time period from 1st January-30th June, I wont have minimum required funds in my account. Kindly help...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEcanvan said:
Hello Asivad,

I have a question. My bank does not calculate an average on monthly basis, but do calculate a daily average. I actually don't understand that what exactly a 6 month average means? Is it the amount in your bank account on the last day of every month for last 6 months divided by 6?? Or its something else??

CIC asks for 6 months average simply to ensure that funds shown as POF aren't encumbered. If the average balance in last 6 months is considerably lesser than present balance, that indicates unreasonably large credits sometime within the last 6 months which might indicate borrowed funds. As long as you can satisfactorily explain that you haven't borrowed funds from anyone (gifts are fine provided there is a signed declaration) CIC won't have any concerns with the differences between 6 months average and account balance as on the date of the certificate.

Secondly, after reading thru the discussion I understand that money taken from parents can be considered as gift and needs to have a self declaration attached. In order to fulfill minimum requirement of POF, I have to deposit a certain amount on the 6th month. For example Out of the required 12000CAD, I am maintaining a balance of 10,000 CAD along with monthly transactions(in and out of money) for 5 months. And in the 6th month I will deposit the remaining 2000 CAD. Does this action will have any negative impact on my 6 month average and will I be questioned for this action.

The onus is on you to prove (either upfront or if and when asked by CIC) that these 2000 CAD aren't borrowed.

Thirdly, I want to submit my application by 20th of July. I will have minimum required balance by 20th. Now if I calculate my last 6 months from February 1st then I do not complete 6months. So, in that case do I need to wait till end of July to submit my application or I can give a statement starting from 20th January or before?? If I take the time period from 1st January-30th June, I wont have minimum required funds in my account.

As explained earlier, if you can convincingly prove that the funds belong to you and are definitely not borrowed, you can ask the bank for a certificate highlighting POF and submit your application soon after uploading that. It is not mandatory to have held those funds for 6 months in the bank.

Kindly help...

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I am a physiotherapist currently working in India? As physiotherapy is a regulated profession in ontario, can I apply for OOPNP without having a license with regulatory body in ontario.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,
I have uploaded all the required documents to CIC. But the system indicated that Letter of Explanation is also required.
I have attached all the LOE to each document separately regarding each specific issue. For example, I wrote a LOE to explained my financial proof and combined it with the financial statements.
Is the CIC system means that I should write one explanation letter for all the issues that I would like to explain and upload as a single document instead of combine with other supporting documents?

Thank you in advance.

;)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
I have uploaded all the required documents to CIC. But the system indicated that Letter of Explanation is also required.
I have attached all the LOE to each document separately regarding each specific issue. For example, I wrote a LOE to explained my financial proof and combined it with the financial statements.
Is the CIC system means that I should write one explanation letter for all the issues that I would like to explain and upload as a single document instead of combine with other supporting documents?

Thank you in advance.

;)
I imagine it is perfectly fine the way you've done it now. LOE is an optional upload if I remember correctly but if it still insists that you upload something there, try doing that 'master' LOE as you mention but that should just be a quick index of all the other LOEs which will continue to reside in their respective sections.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Hello Asivad_the_Savior,

Is Birth Certificate required post ITA for Principal applicant and spouse??? I see that it is not required (for parents and required only for children) as per below link but want to double check.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose

To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents
Document requirements

This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
The document must be one of the following:
birth certificate;
equivalent document from birth country; or
letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkal said:
Hello Asivad_the_Savior,

Is Birth Certificate required post ITA for Principal applicant and spouse??? I see that it is not required (for parents and required only for children) as per below link but want to double check.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose

To prove the dependent children's relationship to the parents
Document requirements

This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
The document must be one of the following:
birth certificate;
equivalent document from birth country; or
letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

All the dependent children, including non-accompanying
Not required by CIC except for dependent children. Provinces continue to ask for it from PA and spouse though.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Not required by CIC except for dependent children. Provinces continue to ask for it from PA and spouse though.
Thank you, again!

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
hello...
I am presently working as a physiotherapist in india :)....I have gone through OOPNP application guide which says:

Working in a regulated occupation in Ontario

If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of your certification or license
For more information on regulated professions in Ontario, visit:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.htm

I am not licensed to work as a physiotherapist in canada, :( does this means that I am not eligible for PNP ontario.

please help.....I am not able to understand the meaning of this statement

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docsood said:
hello...
I am presently working as a physiotherapist in india :)....I have gone through OOPNP application guide which says:

Working in a regulated occupation in Ontario

If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of your certification or license
For more information on regulated professions in Ontario, visit:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.htm

I am not licensed to work as a physiotherapist in canada, :( does this means that I am not eligible for PNP ontario.

please help.....I am not able to understand the meaning of this statement
My first take on this is that not all professions under a given NOC are regulated so it really depends on the nature of work that you intend on doing in Canada which you haven't mentioned.

You can consider sending in your OOPNP application if you have received an invite from them but you can't start working in Ontario till you have the required licenses.

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I want to work as a physiotherapist in ontario, which is a regulated profession in ontario.

I have not yet applied for licensing exam but intend to apply after i get my PR....... :(as I am still in India and cannot attempt exam from here......that is I have to land in CANADA to give licensing exam.

Am i eligible to apply for the OOPNP ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docsood said:
I want to work as a physiotherapist in ontario, which is a regulated profession in ontario.

I have not yet applied for licensing exam but intend to apply after i get my PR....... :(as I am still in India and cannot attempt exam from here......that is I have to land in CANADA to give licensing exam.

Am i eligible to apply for the OOPNP ?
You cannot apply to OOPNP till they send you an invite through your EE profile if you meet their criteria. If they've sent you an invite, you can certainly consider sending in your application.