+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That is surprising. Can you paste that item of the personalized checklist here?

As far as I understand, CIC asks for the passport as identity proof and nothing else.

Purpose

To confirm identity

Document requirements

A clear and legible copy of the bio data page must be provided.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their accompanying dependent children

If you do need a translation, this is what CIC requires from you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=018&t=4

Because when I filled my personal information on EE profile, system asked me to provide information of Passport and National ID.
National ID (Multiple) (required)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Because when I filled my personal information on EE profile, system asked me to provide information of Passport and National ID.
National ID (Multiple) (required)
Wouldn't your passport itself be your National ID instead of having to submit another ID in addition to your passport? Probably you're overthinking this and providing another document which isn't required. I haven't heard of such a request from any other member yet.

Do re-check. All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duster said:
Dear Asivad Anac

Please advise me for one of the important step of my life.

1. I am sitting in express entry pool since Feb 2015 on 349 points.
2.My NOC code is 0122.
3. I have been awarded Student Visa therefore I am thinking to pursue Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management from Seneca College Toronto. It is one year course.
4.Therfore on the basis of above course I will be eligible for One year PGWP.
5.I am banker having more than seven years of banking experience in retail banking.
6.The career growth in that particular sector is stagnant and no growth is visible.
7.I have completed my Bachelors degree in Business Administration from UK which is equivalent four years Canadian bachelors degree.
8.The quality of life in my country is decreasing in terms children's education and security. Corruption is keyword and therefore there is no self esteem for law abiding commoner from middle class.

In above context:

1.Should I move in student visa by investing all my earnings to Toronto Canada.
2.Will that step payback and complement me for my permanent residency in Canada.

That is a big step and you should consider the future implications before deciding on this. The most important factors would be the number of points this would potentially add to your CRS score OR the kind of PNP programs this would make you eligible for OR the prospects of landing an LMIA positive job on the basis of this program. Since you're eventually keen on PR, these 3 factors are the ones which should matter in your decision making.

3.Are there part time jobs compliment me for small petty expenses.

That shouldn't be a problem but you should probably be looking at the student visa sections of this forum to get more details on that front.

4.Is that qualification will add value in my CRS scores.

That's precisely what you need to find out before committing to the course.

5.Should I stay home and kill my dreams to live in law abiding and tolerant society and continue to work in banking institution by realizing the fact that all glittering's are not gold.

Of course not. Most people on this section of the forum have the same goal of eventually moving to Canada in search of a better personal and professional environment. What really matters to your personal success on the path to that goal is how well informed you are to commit to such an exercise armed with the knowledge of all the pros and cons of your course of action. Asking questions and seeking answers shows that you're serious about this. Make sure you research everything thoroughly before deciding on anything.
Hope that helps. All the best!

bobbyjc

Jun 1, 2015
Dear Asivad Anac,

During my college years, I did some summer internships (full time, paid) in a variety of fields. None are in the NOC code I am using for my EE profile. Do I need to include these internships in my employment history?

Thank you so much!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobbyjc said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

During my college years, I did some summer internships (full time, paid) in a variety of fields. None are in the NOC code I am using for my EE profile. Do I need to include these internships in my employment history?

Thank you so much!
It is strictly optional. I would recommend showcasing those jobs ONLY if you need that experience for program eligibility (which seems unlikely because they are not of the same NOC as your EE profile) or you need them to get the maximum allowed points under CRS (where you can mix and match experience gained under multiple NOCs with a cap of 3 years because that's when the CRS points max out).

If both of the above aren't required in your case, you can safely leave those internships out from your work history. You should include them in your personal history if those internships required international travel. If they were acquired in the same country where you got your education from, you don't need to declare these internships separately in your personal history as well and that whole period can be classified under Education.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

bobbyjc

Jun 1, 2015
Very helpful. Thanks!

Asivad Anac said:
It is strictly optional. I would recommend showcasing those jobs ONLY if you need that experience for program eligibility (which seems unlikely because they are not of the same NOC as your EE profile) or you need them to get the maximum allowed points under CRS (where you can mix and match experience gained under multiple NOCs with a cap of 3 years because that's when the CRS points max out).

If both of the above aren't required in your case, you can safely leave those internships out from your work history. You should include them in your personal history if those internships required international travel. If they were acquired in the same country where you got your education from, you don't need to declare these internships separately in your personal history as well and that whole period can be classified under Education.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

abeerinder

Feb 14, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac
Thanks for the information you have given
I got my all pcc in March so I can can use them??
Can I put case specific enquiry with new permanent job letter as well as new ita??
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abeerinder said:
Hi Asivad Anac
Thanks for the information you have given
I got my all pcc in March so I can can use them??

As I mentioned in my earlier reply, the PCC for your current country of residence is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Other PCCs won't be a problem if you haven't visited and stayed in those countries for more than 6 months at a stretch after you got the PCC from there.

Can I put case specific enquiry with new permanent job letter as well as new ita??

Of course. CSE has proved useful to many members and their applications have been reopened. I recommend that you send in a CSE, explain your case very clearly and attach the relevant documentation.

Thanks

Go get it

Jul 5, 2015
Hello Asivad and friends,

Namaste everyone... :) This is Jay... Please help me with following doubts:

I'm 33, married with a 2 year old kid, did Bachelor of Commerce (3 years), waiting for ECA, 9+ years foreign experience in noc 0731, no Canadian experience, no job offer, no PNP. IELTS L9, R8.5, W7.5 and S7. Wife has done Bcom (3 years), waiting ECA. No IELTS. CIC calculator says 400 points. Any possibility to increase it significantly, like 30-40 points at least?! ;D

Please clarify on the below too:

I'm working in a shipping agency as an Assistant manager in freight forwarding (NOC 0731). Should the job title be “Manager” (instead of Asst Mgr) in employment reference as the NOC is for managers?

And employment requirement says Completion of secondary school is required. A college diploma or university degree in business or transportation administration may be required. Will they insist on these or Bachelor of Commerce is enough to qualify?

Also it says “several years” of clerical, operational or administrative experience related to freight traffic is required. I hope 9+ years are more than enough! please advise.

Best wishes to everyone... You guys rock! :D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go get it said:
Hello Asivad and friends,

Namaste everyone... :) This is Jay... Please help me with following doubts:

I'm 33, married with a 2 year old kid, did Bachelor of Commerce (3 years), waiting for ECA, 9+ years foreign experience in noc 0731, no Canadian experience, no job offer, no PNP. IELTS L9, R8.5, W7.5 and S7. Wife has done Bcom (3 years), waiting ECA. No IELTS. CIC calculator says 400 points. Any possibility to increase it significantly, like 30-40 points at least?! ;D

Your wife's ECA will add 8 points to your score. If she can repeat your performance in IELTS, that will add 20 points more. Is he gets all 6, that will add 12 points instead. If she gets all 5, that will add 4 points instead. You can add anywhere between 4 to 22 points if you have basic to exceptional knowledge of French. These are the options in the short to medium term.

Please clarify on the below too:

I'm working in a shipping agency as an Assistant manager in freight forwarding (NOC 0731). Should the job title be “Manager” (instead of Asst Mgr) in employment reference as the NOC is for managers?

Job title is irrelevant. What matters is matching the main duties of the NOC with your roles & responsibilities.

And employment requirement says Completion of secondary school is required. A college diploma or university degree in business or transportation administration may be required. Will they insist on these or Bachelor of Commerce is enough to qualify?

This statement should be treated as a recommendation. Your experience will vouch for you here.

Also it says “several years” of clerical, operational or administrative experience related to freight traffic is required. I hope 9+ years are more than enough! please advise.

More than enough, yes.

Best wishes to everyone... You guys rock! :D

abeerinder

Feb 14, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac
How much funds need to show in my bank statement as me and my husband both are working in Canada and we have one 5 year old kid?
I have to make the new one or old one is fine?
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abeerinder said:
Hi Asivad Anac
How much funds need to show in my bank statement as me and my husband both are working in Canada and we have one 5 year old kid?
I have to make the new one or old one is fine?
Thanks
For the 3 of you, it would be 18,260 CAD. CIC explicitly mentions that you do not have to show this POF if you are currently authorized to work in Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Since both of you are working, you can still choose to show these funds if possible. Else, you can declare whatever funds you have along with an LOE that highlights that both of you are authorized to work and indeed are working in Canada along with some supporting documents (work visa status, employment status, pay stubs, employment letter etc) to convince the VO that you have enough funds to support your family and request the officer to assess the case favorably.

All the best!

abeerinder

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac
God bless you
One more question that is most important that our old owner sold the restaurant of which I have lmia and m still working there and getting paid was sold in March to new owner.they didn't changed the name of restaurant and they said that we can legally work with them but my pay stubs are from new company
Hope you get my point.
Is this will effect on my application or I need to get the letter of transfer of ownership.
Thanks for your help.

zaki100

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac

I claimed to have 15000CAD for my fund. and i did have the money till i applied last week.
Now, in September i am going to school and the fees will cost me 7000CAD, so my saved 15000cad will be halfed.
My question is do i have to maintain the 15000CAD in my acc. through out the application process until i get my PPR(inshaAllah)?

Thank for your good work Bud
BY the way i am under FSW even though i am a mechanic :D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abeerinder said:
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac
God bless you
One more question that is most important that our old owner sold the restaurant of which I have lmia and m still working there and getting paid was sold in March to new owner.they didn't changed the name of restaurant and they said that we can legally work with them but my pay stubs are from new company
Hope you get my point.
Is this will effect on my application or I need to get the letter of transfer of ownership.
Thanks for your help.
This is a question ideally for an immigration lawyer as I'm sure that an LMIA is non-transferable because it is a closed work permit aligned with a specific employer. I'm not sure if the legal document of transfer of ownership would be sufficient evidence to explain to the CIC about implied transfer of this LMIA to the new organization without actually changing the name of the employer on your LMIA letter.

It probably won't be sufficient because ESDC has to be necessarily notified regarding any material change in circumstances surrounding the LMIA. ESDC even expects the employer to retain and produce various kinds of information, when requested, for up to 6 years. And they also expect the employer to continue being actively engaged in the business in which the job offer was made. Which could be a problem in this case because the employer has sold the organization even though the business and your employment continue to be the same.

I strongly recommend that you meet an immigration lawyer to understand the necessity and possibility of transferring the LMIA to your new employer. Failing to do this right away might give you a rude shock later in the process.

Hope things work out well for you. All the best!