Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
firstone said:
Hi Asivad,

You are truly a cherished member of this forum.. I am new to this but I have already seen how you go above and beyond to help all of us here;

And while thanking you......I still have a Question for you :) :)

My old profile says...'Updated" ( I withdrew the old and created new in anticipation of PT...No luck there)
and new one says..... "Submitted"... Shouldn't that be "updated" as well??

One more... do you have to electronically sign every time in order to update the changes or just "save and exit" is enough to update the changes??
I haven't personally tried cancelling/withdrawing my EE profile so I'm not sure of those changes. Once withdrawn, I imagine the profile will just stay frozen with no further updates.

In the new EE profile, you'll have to perform exactly the same actions as you did with the old EE profile. As long as you've done that, you're just fine. Have you 'transmitted' all the data in your new profile? I believe that is the last step.

Save and Exit sounds fine. Did you go back to verify if the changes have been effected?

firstone

Jun 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I haven't personally tried cancelling/withdrawing my EE profile so I'm not sure of those changes. Once withdrawn, I imagine the profile will just stay frozen with no further updates.

In the new EE profile, you'll have to perform exactly the same actions as you did with the old EE profile. As long as you've done that, you're just fine. Have you 'transmitted' all the data in your new profile? I believe that is the last step.

Save and Exit sounds fine. Did you go back to verify if the changes have been effected?
Yes I transmitted all the data to the new one.. its just the same as old.

I did check and the status is "Updated". I guess just after electronically signing the profile is "submitted" and then "updated"..

Thanks again

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
Dude even I got PPR today... if I can finally manage to get PPR you can. :)

I think basically me (and perhaps a few other very seniors?) got to the last stage late and therefore were shuffled to the top of the list at the time of the final processing.

Or perhaps we were late last week and were shifted over to this week?

In any case, I'm sure your time will come soon.

One thing to note... I've noticed people seem to get ghost emails ~3 days before they get the PPR, so look out for those ghost emails people!
Congrats hulahoop! Richly deserved after all that waiting!!!

Hope your words come true and fast... ;D

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
hulahoop said:
Dude even I got PPR today... if I can finally manage to get PPR you can. :)

I think basically me (and perhaps a few other very seniors?) got to the last stage late and therefore were shuffled to the top of the list at the time of the final processing.

Or perhaps we were late last week and were shifted over to this week?

In any case, I'm sure your time will come soon.

One thing to note... I've noticed people seem to get ghost emails ~3 days before they get the PPR, so look out for those ghost emails people!
Congratulations!!
I understand you might have been asked this several times by now. But, one last time. Mind sharing your timeline?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londo said:
Hi,

Am confused about what time is best to send New Brunswick EOI email and as I live in the UK what will be the best way to keep track of time.

Regards
I'm not sure I understand the question but New Brunswick is 4 hours behind UK time.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for your clarification. Now I know what exactly CIC required for the financial proof.

I have another question for you: for the “Offer of Employment", CIC provided the following explanation:
You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company.

My situation is: I began to work in our company since Aug.2014, then got promoted in Feb.2015. I used the promoted position to apply for PNP and got nominated. Now for the “Offer of Employment", can I use that promotion letter instead? Following is the letter:

Dear ABC,
123 Company is pleased to offer you a promotion to the position of XXX, this is full-time indeterminate position. Your employment in this role will commence on Feb. 1st, 2015........

Your duties will include but are not limited to:

Salary:..............
Hours of work:
Benefits:

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac, I want to say thank you to you. I know I have just registered here, but I have been following this forum for sometime since I applied, you have been a big help.

Thanks again mate.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for your clarification. Now I know what exactly CIC required for the financial proof.

I have another question for you: for the “Offer of Employment", CIC provided the following explanation:
You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company.

My situation is: I began to work in our company since Aug.2014, then got promoted in Feb.2015. I used the promoted position to apply for PNP and got nominated. Now for the “Offer of Employment", can I use that promotion letter instead? Following is the letter:

Dear ABC,
123 Company is pleased to offer you a promotion to the position of XXX, this is full-time indeterminate position. Your employment in this role will commence on Feb. 1st, 2015........

Your duties will include but are not limited to:

Salary:..............
Hours of work:
Benefits:
I think this should work. Recommend you get your full tenure of employment mentioned in this letter along with that line of getting promoted on 1st Feb because this letter might indicate that your employment commenced on 1st Feb which isn't entirely accurate.

All the best!

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hi,

I got ITA last week and am in process of submitting the PR application.

I have a few questions. would really appreciate if i can get some advice.

1) I created my Express Entry profile where i entered a job which is not Skilled and for which it was also difficult to obtain experience letter, etc. And obviously, it does not affect my score since it was not skilled.

Now, when i go ahead to submit PR application, what details should i fill in "Work Experience" and "Personal Details"? Should i include these jobs which does not affect the score. In the personal history, i need to account for the time, so i can't miss it adding under it.

Please clarify.

2) I have stayed in Canada earlier for 2 years and now i am back in India. Do i need Canada PCC?

Thanks for help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainp14Dec said:
Hi,

I got ITA last week and am in process of submitting the PR application.

I have a few questions. would really appreciate if i can get some advice.

1) I created my Express Entry profile where i entered a job which is not Skilled and for which it was also difficult to obtain experience letter, etc. And obviously, it does not affect my score since it was not skilled.

Now, when i go ahead to submit PR application, what details should i fill in "Work Experience" and "Personal Details"? Should i include these jobs which does not affect the score. In the personal history, i need to account for the time, so i can't miss it adding under it.

Please clarify.

You can remove them from work history if that doesn't affect program eligibility or get you CRS points. Retain that in personal history because you have to truthfully declare which country you were living in and what activity you were engaged in at various points in time. If you remove those line items from work history, you won't be required to submit work reference letters either. If you're still worried, add a Letter of Explanation after removing those line item and highlight that you removed those because they made no difference to program eligibility or CRS scores and politely request the VO to treat your file as complete.

2) I have stayed in Canada earlier for 2 years and now i am back in India. Do i need Canada PCC?

Yes. You'll need PCCs from all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more at a stretch since turning 18.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Thanks for help.

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
Thanks Asivad for prompt response.

For PCC, i read somewhere "you don't need to submit any PCC (RCMP) for Canada. The CIC may ask for the one later though."
Is this for some different program?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinny775

Jun 8, 2015
i had another enquiry i did 1 year diploma course from a college in london ontario. the course started in sep 2012 and ended on aug 2013.

but i got my diploma on april 2013 and rest of the 4 months were summer holidays.

so for end date in education should i put april 2013 or aug 2013

Let me explain you my situation better i had also previuosly done one a 1 year diploma course from a college in ontario from sep 2011 to aug 2012. so in that i put end date as april 2012 and rest of the four months from may 2012 to aug 2013 as unemployed

now in nov 2012 i started working part time and when my second course ended on april 2012 i started working full time so how should i put information in my case.

sorry for the confusion