+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I just wonder what trigger this ss for some of us , for me could it be after landing i went back to the country where I work , then I quit my job and lived in my home country for more than six months then moved to Canada for 3 years , so I provided police certificate from my home country , I the link I provided before it says ,Ss done because lived out of the country ( canada ) more than six month , is that true ? Do most of applicants here who going through the same extensive SS lived out of Canada since landing more than six month ?
Have seen complex cases processed in breeze while simple ones in backlog. Its all sham to me, sorry but ironically its been evident lately that there is no logic, call it whatever that every case is different and automated ML tools assigment, discretion of officer, racial profiling, random unluck, to show off that significant scrutiny is being carried out, while we keep our minds mushed, we never be able to understand the 'WHY', as there exist no rationale or logic. Either smooth sailing or sinking ship - sole discretion of opaque and absurd SOPs. Simply speaking - bureaucracy.
Being outlander, PR was a breeze (where high scrutiny should be required) but processed quickly as cash cows (why not? eventually, its all business). Being inlander, threat to national security, paying hefty taxes, contributing to economy, serving Canada, upbringing family, being law abiding citizen, irony eh!
PS: A bunch of ppl I know personally, never travelled outside CA in last 5 yrs, since landed, are stuck in SS. That might ease ur curiousity. I feel you, but this shall pass too.

Last edited:

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Have seen complex cases processed in breeze while simple ones in backlog. Its all sham to me, sorry but ironically its been evident lately that there is no logic, call it whatever that every case is different and automated ML tools assigment, discretion of officer, racial profiling, random unluck, to show off that significant scrutiny is being carried out, while we keep our minds mushed, we never be able to understand the 'WHY', as there exist no rationale or logic. Either smooth sailing or sinking ship - sole discretion of opaque and absurd SOPs. Simply speaking - bureaucracy.
Being outlander, PR was a breeze (where high scrutiny should be required) but processed quickly as cash cows (why not? eventually, its all business). Being inlander, threat to national security, paying hefty taxes, contributing to economy, serving Canada, upbringing family, being law abiding citizen, irony eh!
PS: A bunch of ppl I know personally, never travelled outside CA in last 5 yrs, since landed, are stuck in SS. That might ease ur curiousity. I feel you, but this shall pass too.
I agree with you no logic behind this long delay, just luck

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
I’m in exactly the same boat. Same status too, with them having received my application March 2022 and test done October 2022. No update at all since! Apparently the processing time is meant to be 18 months now. So curious what I should do in September
Same boat. Applied in October 2022. Did the test in Feb 2023 and interview in June 2023. After the interview, the officer told me id get a decision within 2 weeks and then invitation to oath within 4 months. Nothing since then. No decision. No updates whatsoever.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: IPULL and Cpwr

mohamed1978

Sep 30, 2014
In my GMCS IRCC notes I have
CLEARANCE REQUEST(S) RCMP/CSIS: Y

Does it mean request CSIS that will take at least 6 month

Any one got BG completed within a less than 6 month who also were required CSIS
Dhave you had BG completed?. I am slash in same boat with RCMP/CSIS resuest

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
No unfortunately
Can we contact CSIS , I am really surprised by the long delay from CSIS , I looked at GCMS notes got it for my PR along ago and same , had security clearance CSIS but took only one month and now for citizenship passed already 4 months

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I’m thinking about sending an email today
Anybody contacted their MP?

what should I write in the email to the MP?
I was asking the same question same time you asked ,
Any way I just sent email to my MP explaining that I have cavern waiting long time and most of the applicants who applied at the same time processed at the same office already got certificate

I will update once o get respond

endeey04

Nov 24, 2017
Any one contacted his MP if application stuck in security , will they help or no
I contacted my MP and my Background Verification finished shortly after. it was pending security clearance, but i can't say for sure that it was because of the MP as my security clearance was already about 7 months in (December to July) and i hear it's normally 6-8 months. But my MP's office was really responsive to me, that i can say.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I contacted my MP and my Background Verification finished shortly after. it was pending security clearance, but i can't say for sure that it was because of the MP as my security clearance was already about 7 months in (December to July) and i hear it's normally 6-8 months. But my MP's office was really responsive to me, that i can say.
Congratulations, thanks for sharing I will contact them , what did you ask for , did you tell them it is pending security clearance or just asked for update or asked for expedite processing ?

endeey04

Nov 24, 2017
Congratulations, thanks for sharing I will contact them , what did you ask for , did you tell them it is pending security clearance or just asked for update or asked for expedite processing ?
I asked for an update on my application but, i specifically stated that my security clearance was pending and I'm not aware of any any factors within my profile that would necessitate this level of review, as I have no criminal record or any history that I believe would warrant such a measure.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
S
I asked for an update on my application but, i specifically stated that my security clearance was pending and I'm not aware of any any factors within my profile that would necessitate this level of review, as I have no criminal record or any history that I believe would warrant such a measure.
am situation here , I will email them then it might work , Thank you so much

Mony M

Aug 18, 2023
Application sent: Oct 2022
Test passed: Feb 2023
Fingerprint request: Feb 2023
Fingerprint received: Mar 2023
I ordered GCM notes, which shows criminality is passed but security is in the process
called IRCC many times, sent Webforms, and called my MP they all informed me that I am still stuck in security screening
feeling disappointed. I have plans all based on the passport

• Sad
Reactions: Cpwr