+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

Sharanakumar

Dec 6, 2014
Hello forum members. My test is marked completed but background check has been in progress for almost 5 months as per ATIP notes (alongwith language, physical presence, prohibitions). If anyone -

1) has been experiencing the similar issue

2) has experienced similar issue in the past

3) know someone who has been experiencing the same situation or someone who has experienced the similar situation

Please come share your views on this thread.

Thanks
Regards

Hello... I'm in the same boat.. I have completed my test more than 8 months ago... I am not able to find reason for delay.. did you get update on your application?

Reactions: ROCK ON

Sharanakumar

Dec 6, 2014
Application sent: Oct 2022
Test passed: Feb 2023
Fingerprint request: Feb 2023
Fingerprint received: Mar 2023
I ordered GCM notes, which shows criminality is passed but security is in the process
called IRCC many times, sent Webforms, and called my MP they all informed me that I am still stuck in security screening
feeling disappointed. I have plans all based on the passport
Hello Mony M, I guess only option is to wait and call IRCC once in two months to know status.. I think it is going to be ok in the end.. my application was sent in May 2022 but still waiting... Does MP get an update? I have not tried that yet

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Test passed: Feb 2023
Fingerprint received: Mar 2023
I ordered GCM notes, which shows criminality is passed but security is in the process
called IRCC many times, sent Webforms, and called my MP they all informed me that I am still stuck in security screening
feeling disappointed. I have plans all based on the passport
Same here but January 2023 application , but you almost there , I see few post who their security was stuck since January 2023 got cleared in July so it is about 6-7 month , I am sure yours will be clear this month and we next

Last edited:
Reactions: Mony M

Mony M

Aug 18, 2023
Hello Mony M, I guess only option is to wait and call IRCC once in two months to know status.. I think it is going to be ok in the end.. my application was sent in May 2022 but still waiting... Does MP get an update? I have not tried that yet
No .calling MP doesn’t speed the process especially if you are stuck in security screening

Sharanakumar

Dec 6, 2014
No .calling MP doesn’t speed the process especially if you are stuck in security screening
No, I am not asking for speed up process but can they know the status of application and why it is stuck?
You are right.. they can only get information and not speed up process...

Kal2018

Jan 29, 2018
Same here :
Fingerprint received: Feb 2023
Test passed/completed: March 2023
I ordered GCM notes, which shows criminality is passed but security is in the process. Its been nearly 6 months now, Not sure how much time need to wait on this. Anyone has similar status relatively ? any updates further ??

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Same here :
Fingerprint received: Feb 2023
Test passed/completed: March 2023
I ordered GCM notes, which shows criminality is passed but security is in the process. Its been nearly 6 months now, Not sure how much time need to wait on this. Anyone has similar status relatively ? any updates further ??
Same situation , but wonder are all of us who is been waiting for security clearance , because we stayed in our country after landing for more than six month , which then require out of the country clearance I mean stayed more than six month out of Canada during the last four years and even we provided clear police certificate

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello... I'm in the same boat.. I have completed my test more than 8 months ago... I am not able to find reason for delay.. did you get update on your application?
Hello.

Yes I took oath on June 1. It took almost 20 months from the date of application to the date of Oath. You can check my timeline. Don't worry, you will start receiving updates quickly. Hang in there.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Hello.

Yes I took oath on June 1. It took almost 20 months from the date of application to the date of Oath. You can check my timeline. Don't worry, you will start receiving updates quickly. Hang in there.
Do you know how long bG took , you migh did ordered GCMS notes if you waited that long like us

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Do you know how long bG took , you migh did ordered GCMS notes if you waited that long like us
My BG took almost an year to complete. GCMS notes help in understanding your current standing, but no one can say how long it will take except the officer handling your application. It is just the game of wait and patience and keep fingers crossed.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
My BG took almost an year to complete. GCMS notes help in understanding your current standing, but no one can say how long it will take except the officer handling your application. It is just the game of wait and patience and keep fingers crossed.
Thanks for this info , yes that is the only thing we can do be patient , I am sure you got relieved once it is over

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I always see most people are stuck in security. I am stuck in criminal check- wondering what takes so long for that!
because security done internationally that is why take long for some applicant if they have common name for example in this region ,
But criminality done locally in Canada
So doesn’t take long

did they ask you for finger print and you submit most of time once submitted they recieve it
You can email rcmp and ask if they arrays sent result to IRCC and provide al your inflation they usually respond same or next day

CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Reactions: rashi1101