+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
because security done internationally that is why take long for some applicant if they have common name for example in this region ,
But criminality done locally in Canada
So doesn’t take long

did they ask you for finger print and you submit most of time once submitted they recieve it
You can email rcmp and ask if they arrays sent result to IRCC and provide al your inflation they usually respond same or next day

CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
They haven’t requested for FP yet! I dont know what they are waiting for! I want to literally email the processing office to please send me a FP request!

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
They haven’t requested for FP yet! I dont know what they are waiting for! I want to literally email the processing office to please send me a FP request!
yes, you can do that, because request goes to IRCC Vancouver but specifically office who handle finger print, so we all got this request from specific Vancouver IRCC office and the request email said, to got to rcmp most of us was police station, and asked the result, ( the officer ask as , where result to be sent to ), to be sent back to this Vancouver office, no matter where your application is been processed, this Vancouver IRCC specific office handle it,

so you can contact your local office, explain, that your criminality is pending for long, and you didn't get finger print request,

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
yes, you can do that, because request goes to IRCC Vancouver but specifically office who handle finger print, so we all got this request from specific Vancouver IRCC office and the request email said, to got to rcmp most of us was police station, and asked the result, ( the officer ask as , where result to be sent to ), to be sent back to this Vancouver office, no matter where your application is been processed, this Vancouver IRCC specific office handle it,

so you can contact your local office, explain, that your criminality is pending for long, and you didn't get finger print request,
thanks so much. Maximum they will say no or wont respond. But i can try sending an email for sure.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Looks like your office Montreal, you will find in this forum from other post Montreal office email

here is the email we all who got finger print request was sent from, CIC-VancouverCitize@cic.gc.ca

that is not processing office as I explained to you previously, that is the IRCC office specifically sends finger print request with instructions ,
Yes its Montreal. I will send an email to the Montreal office itself.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
because security done internationally that is why take long for some applicant if they have common name for example in this region ,
But criminality done locally in Canada
So doesn’t take long

did they ask you for finger print and you submit most of time once submitted they recieve it
You can email rcmp and ask if they arrays sent result to IRCC and provide al your inflation they usually respond same or next day

CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
How do you know the security done internationally? Do you have any sources of info confirm that?!

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
How do you know the security done internationally? Do you have any sources of info confirm that?!
I am not expert, I just read that ., and guessed it is the same, not sure, just was wondering the time it takes,
I could be wrong, not sure, but just read that and thought might be that is why it takes time, and this link for even getting a job
and most of us who is waiting, already passed most of the wait time, 4 or 5 month, so not much left, hopefully soon the wait will be over
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/vhp-ocv-eng.html

and this link comes from the bottom link from here , but this has table of time frame and you see the 120 + 120 days they all posted here as 8 month, or 120+75 which is about 6.5 month, I notice most of the cases stuck in background like us, either got it clear 6.5-8 months.

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/couts-traitement-costs-processing-eng.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpwr

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I just wonder who ever stuck also in security clearance, did they also applied paper, is it because we didn't apply online , would had security moved fast as AOR , we waited for two months for AOR, vs online got is next day

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I just wonder who ever stuck also in security clearance, did they also applied paper, is it because we didn't apply online , would had security moved fast as AOR , we waited for two months for AOR, vs online got is next day
SS doesn't trigger only for paper ones. I personally know many online cases. Mine though is paper - 6.5 months passed and counting :(

• Sad
Reactions: Cpwr

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Hope are always high, but expectations...good luck to all in such bureaucratic lottery fiasco!
I totally understand, but you almost there, you can get it any times this week, best way contact MP they get answer next day ask if security clearance got cleared or not yet

it is between 6.5 - 8 month, from this table , it is either
75 ( security clearance simple ) + 120 ( reliability complex ) = 6.5 month
OR
120 ( security clearance complex ) +120 ( reliability complex ) = 8 month
Type of personnel security screening requestProcessing time
Reliability status: simple request7 business days upon receipt of a properly completed request
Reliability status: complex request120 business days upon receipt of a properly completed request
Secret security clearance request: simple request75 business days (in addition to reliability screening timelines) upon receipt of a properly completed request
Secret security clearance request: complex request120 business days (in addition to reliability screening timelines) upon receipt of a properly completed request

Reactions: Cpwr and jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I totally understand, but you almost there, you can get it any times this week, best way contact MP they get answer next day ask if security clearance got cleared or not yet

it is between 6.5 - 8 month, from this table , it is either
75 ( security clearance simple ) + 120 ( reliability complex ) = 6.5 month
OR
120 ( security clearance complex ) +120 ( reliability complex ) = 8 month
Type of personnel security screening requestProcessing time
Reliability status: simple request7 business days upon receipt of a properly completed request
Reliability status: complex request120 business days upon receipt of a properly completed request
Secret security clearance request: simple request75 business days (in addition to reliability screening timelines) upon receipt of a properly completed request
Secret security clearance request: complex request120 business days (in addition to reliability screening timelines) upon receipt of a properly completed request
Appreciate that, I applied last week GCMS from both CBSA and IRCC as well, and this week also from CSIS, either by the time hopefully SS will be cleared and if not as would be evident from notes, will follow up with MP. Usually MPs and even IRCC can't help much when its with CSIS, as its beyond their control, MPs nudge would perhaps help to expedite the case file handled by IRCC or VO. Anyways lets see how things evolve further in a month. All the best to all.

PS: mostly seen 6 months for SS, but also seen 3-4 months for some while for others +8 months, like IRCC, predicting SS timeframe is hard as of each case complexity and variables.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Appreciate that, I applied last week GCMS from both CBSA and IRCC as well, and this week also from CSIS, either by the time hopefully SS will be cleared and if not as would be evident from notes, will follow up with MP. Usually MPs and even IRCC can't help much when its with CSIS, as its beyond their control, MPs nudge would perhaps help to expedite the case file handled by IRCC or VO. Anyways lets see how things evolve further in a month. All the best to all.

PS: mostly seen 6 months for SS, but also seen 3-4 months for some while for others +8 months, like IRCC, predicting SS timeframe is hard as of each case complexity and variables.
MP they will get you the update, but yes MP can't do any thing for ss,
I am also still waiting for the second set of all notes, still within the 30 days wait
so I contact MP office ,to get the update, since couldn't reach IRCC over the phone, busy line

her admin who I guess usually handle her email, not the MP themself, sent me consent, next day, she confirm still waiting for ss,

Hopefully we all get within the 6 months.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016