+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thank you! How about any difference in terms of any document or booklet that might come in the paper certificate package?
Not much difference. With paperone you get the certificate and the oath paper. If you ask me, I personally went for the paper certificate as given how things get hacked these days, I don't find E- certificate safe.

Reactions: adigautam

canadianjammy

Oct 11, 2022
Hello, looking for some clarification from members who received E-certificate .I got my Oath done on August 22nd and opted for E-certificate .How do I access it . One of my friends who got his oath in July said that he get another email from IRCC with a document a key and instruction how to access the e-certificate. He said he received it on the same day as the oath letter but I have not received it yet 2 days post the ceremony . When do you really get the email with the key to access the e certificate portal if anyone could help on this ?

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
You get additional letter from PM and immigration minister which you don't get in e-certificate.
Thank you! This makes the paper certificate a lot more valuable to me. I am in no rush and can easily wait for a month to receive the paper certificate.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, looking for some clarification from members who received E-certificate .I got my Oath done on August 22nd and opted for E-certificate .How do I access it . One of my friends who got his oath in July said that he get another email from IRCC with a document a key and instruction how to access the e-certificate. He said he received it on the same day as the oath letter but I have not received it yet 2 days post the ceremony . When do you really get the email with the key to access the e certificate portal if anyone could help on this ?
You can do it yourself too - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-do-i-download-citizenship-e-certificate.817612/post-10567136

Reactions: canadianjammy

cyruscyrus

Star Member
Aug 17, 2023
It's been 6 months (Feb 23) since I passed my test and my LPP has not even been started yet… the IRCC REP says that they have 18 months to finish the application and I have to wait for that before I call…

The application according to rep is with Kitchener office and I see in my ATIP notes that it is assigned to RC-8090 since March 1, 2023.

What can I do to make any movement in my application… this is so frustrating…
Have you received any update?

canadianjammy

Oct 11, 2022
Wow thats Awesome. Thank you so much for this. Although I couldnt download it yet as it said I am not opted for electronic which is strange because thier older email said I was, but may be i have to wait another day or two before I can do that. But this link was a great help . Atleast I dont have to wait for their email to arrive.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Guys, quick question, I remember someone mentioning the benefit of getting paper certificate (tried searching the post but couldn’t).

what would you guys suggest - e-certificate or paper certificate? I’m currently auto enrolled for e-certificate.
How do you know you are auto-enrolled for e-cert?

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
How do you know you are auto-enrolled for e-cert?
Right after I got the oath invite email, I even received the e-certificate download process email. Both these emails says we are in for e-certificate. It also says, if I wish to go for paper certificate, we need to inform IRCC at least 2 days before the oath

Reactions: mejaz

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Background verification completed today! Finally some movement!
can you share please when your background check started, usually you can find out the date in the CBSA notes if you ordered other wise it is usually around the date they request finger print or test invitation, ,we January 2023 and background check started on April , 5 months passed no movement , and we look at previous year for time line estimate for us .

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
can you share please when your background check started, usually you can find out the date in the CBSA notes if you ordered other wise it is usually around the date they request finger print or test invitation, ,we January 2023 and background check started on April , 5 months passed no movement , and we look at previous year for time line estimate for us .
I did the fingerprint thing on Jan 17th, and my test completed Feb 13th. Next update for bg verification was Aug 14 and LPP was Aug 15.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I did the fingerprint thing on Jan 17th, and my test completed Feb 13th. Next update for bg verification was Aug 14 and LPP was Aug 15.
Thanks for sharing and congratulations for your Oath , I am sure it is enjoyable after waiting that long , we doing thought the same wait so that mean 7 month for BG almost passed five

Reactions: mejaz

Batzak

May 20, 2023
I got email to download ecertificate today, but no oath date. Is this normal. My status online is not started for oath

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I got email to download ecertificate today, but no oath date. Is this normal. My status online is not started for oath
Congrats . Is your office Hamilton ? My wife got her oath invite a day or so after the e certificate email and her processing center was Niagara. My LPP processing office is Hamilton, therefore if you are Hamilton as well that gives hope. Do confirm your oath ceremony center once you get the invite