+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa

AlekhyaPabba

Apr 25, 2018
Hello,

Any response is greatly appreciated..

I'm planning to apply super visa for my mother and I've chosen an option where my mother depends on me for funds.
However, while uploading the docs, CIC postal still asks me to submit proof of funds for my mother(visitor) and myself (Invitor).

Will it be okay, if i submit an explanation letter stating my mother depends on me and I'm showing her funding from here in Canada.

Thanks!

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hi everyone, Anyone applied for supervisa in December and still waiting for an update?

I submitted the app for both my mom and dad on the same day (dec 30) - my mom's was processed in Bangalore (updated gckey -jan 18 & PPR - Jan 21, got pp back with PG1 visa).

However my dad got emails from NDVO - looks like it is in NDVO and here is the time line.

Date Submitted - December 30, 2018 with upfront medicals
Profile/Application updated on the GC key account - Jan 18, 2019

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. (updated Jan 18, 2019)
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. (updated Jan 18, 2019)
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. (no change)
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. (no change)
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (no change)
Background check Not applicable. (no change)
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. (no change)

NDVO sent these emails:

visitor acknowledgement letter - Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 09:11 with letter dated Jan 24, 2019

visitor acknowledgement letter - Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 9:29 AM with letter dated Jan 24, 2019

VISITOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER - Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 01:45 AM with letter dated Jan 14, 2019 (wierd they sent a back dated letter

They both dont have any complicated medical history. Anyone in the same boat as my dad's application?

butterflynm

Feb 7, 2019
Can someone help in what letter super visa application starts?

I applied it still shows my application number starts with V..is it should be PG?

nf01

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Question: I want to apply for my mums super visa. She is a widow and lives with her in laws. How do I show close ties to home country. She doesnt workfull time nor does she have any assets in her name

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hello guys,
I have a question about super visa extension. My parents got super visa and got stamped to stay here in Canada for 2 year. They can stay till October 2019. I am just wondering can I apply for extension? or they have to go to their home country and visit again? please advise me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello guys,
I have a question about super visa extension. My parents got super visa and got stamped to stay here in Canada for 2 year. They can stay till October 2019. I am just wondering can I apply for extension? or they have to go to their home country and visit again? please advise me.
They can apply to extend their stay about a month before their current status expires. Generally, IRCC might grant up to one year of extended stay (first extension) for a super visa entry. No guarantees though

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
They can apply to extend their stay about a month before their current status expires. Generally, IRCC might grant up to one year of extended stay (first extension) for a super visa entry. No guarantees though
Thanks Bryanna, they are going to be here for 2 years in October in their current visit (it is their first visit too)..so if I apply for extension it will be more than 2 yrs in canada.. That is what I am worrying..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna, they are going to be here for 2 years in October in their current visit (it is their first visit too)..so if I apply for extension it will be more than 2 yrs in canada.. That is what I am worrying..
IRCC allows TRV and super visa holders to extend their stay if they have a good reason

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
ok...thanks that makes me feel better.. I am just wondering if you know any super visa holders stay here in canada more than 2 years in their single visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ok...thanks that makes me feel better.. I am just wondering if you know any super visa holders stay here in canada more than 2 years in their single visit?
This forum has several such cases + do check the application form to extend their authorized stay (i.e. this is allowed)

Reactions: ananthyog
Jun 20, 2019
OldIndianITGuy said:
- Hello All

I am applying for my mothers super visa. After going through the checklist on CIC, I have following documents to prep.

I have some questions regarding documents typically provided by the applicants I was hoping to get some recommendations from experts out here -

- Passport (required)
- T4 or T1 (required)
Question - Do we need to provide T4 for myself and my spouse?
- Invitation Letter (required)
- Digital photo (required)
- Medical Insurance Coverage (required)
- Notice of Assessment (required)
Question - Same as T4, do we need to provide NOA for myself and my spouse?
- Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
Question - Is there a sample on CanadaVisa portal for this? They are traveling just to visit me.
- Other Income/Financial Support (required)
Question - Is this the document to show my mothers financial situation, property details and ties to home country? Or is this the place to include details reg other incomes I have (from business etc).
- Proof of upfront medical exam (required)
Question - Whats the general view on this, if I do upfront medical, does the process speed up a bit?
- Proof of Relationship (required)
- Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475) (required)
- Inviter's Employment Letter (required)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OldIndianITGuy said:
- Hello All

I am applying for my mothers super visa. After going through the checklist on CIC, I have following documents to prep.

I have some questions regarding documents typically provided by the applicants I was hoping to get some recommendations from experts out here -

- Passport (required)
- T4 or T1 (required)
Question - Do we need to provide T4 for myself and my spouse?
- Invitation Letter (required)
- Digital photo (required)
- Medical Insurance Coverage (required)
- Notice of Assessment (required)
Question - Same as T4, do we need to provide NOA for myself and my spouse?
- Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
Question - Is there a sample on CanadaVisa portal for this? They are traveling just to visit me.
- Other Income/Financial Support (required)
Question - Is this the document to show my mothers financial situation, property details and ties to home country? Or is this the place to include details reg other incomes I have (from business etc).
- Proof of upfront medical exam (required)
Question - Whats the general view on this, if I do upfront medical, does the process speed up a bit?
- Proof of Relationship (required)
- Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475) (required)
- Inviter's Employment Letter (required)
Yes usually you need an NOA with proof that you have met LICO. When did you move to Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I moved in 2016, I think I am will beyond LICO threashold
If you meet LICO your wife doesn’t need to include her T4 or NOA.
Purpose of travel doesn’t need to be elaborate. Spending time with family is the general reason for a supervisa.
Should be instructions for the other financial part but mother’s financial info plus your savings account. Business accounts won’t count only your personal finances.
Upfront medical won’t necessarily speed things up dramatically.

Reactions: OldIndianITGuy