+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa

Jun 20, 2019
If you meet LICO your wife doesn’t need to include her T4 or NOA.
Purpose of travel doesn’t need to be elaborate. Spending time with family is the general reason for a supervisa.
Should be instructions for the other financial part but mother’s financial info plus your savings account. Business accounts won’t count only your personal finances.
Upfront medical won’t necessarily speed things up dramatically.
Perfect , thanks for the responses +1

ndoudaffy

Jun 21, 2019
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
N/A
Passport Req..
AO5482884
I am really apprecieting any thing including super visa.As long as you need me,i am all right.

Jun 20, 2019
Hello Experts!

I am filing super visa for my mother (widowed). I lost my father earlier this year and all of the documents (passport, bank records etc) still have my fathers name and my mothers status as married.

Can anyone on the forum in similar situation guide me whether I will have to submit death certificate? If yes, under what header document section?

Thanks
OIIG

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Based on the current IRCC updates, a super visa stay of up to 2 years is possible only on the initial visit. If your parents are granted super visas but they decide to stay for just 6-12 months then the one-time opportunity to stay for up to 2 years would be lost.

Do state a visit of at least 8-10 months otherwise there's a possibility that their applications could be considered for regular TRVs if a 6 months' visit is stated.

You must prove you meet LICO for yourself + your wife + your three children + your parents + your mother-in-law (if she was invited on a super visa) + your dad-in-law (if you had applied for a super visa for him).

LICO for 8 persons if your dad-in-law was not invited for a super visa, or

LICO for 9 persons if your dad-in-law was invited for a super visa

That said, if your/the combined incomes of your wife and yourself do not meet LICO then I would recommend you do not apply for super visas for your parents.

In addition to LICO, you would need to include other financial evidence to prove you can support your parents' stay such as financial investments, pension funds, bank statements, employment letter(s), etc.

1. Is your mom and dad entitled to any other post-retirement benefits?

2. Do your parents need to return home to renew their pension each year?

3. When does your mom's pension likely to begin?

Is it a residential property or land?

Does he earn any income from this property?

Do they have a mortgage?

You can extend support to the point of accommodation and maybe offering to pay for their airfare. Your parents must prove they won't be too financially dependent on you. That said, if they are able to prove they have other strong reasons to return home then their slightly inadequate financial situation might not affect the visa decisions.

Yes, it is true. All going well, if your parents are granted TRVs + if the officer at the POE allows them to stay for up to 6 months, your parents can apply to extend their stay.

Other points:
1. Regardless of a TRV or a super visa, the purpose of your parents' visit must not be to take care of your wife or your newborn baby.

2. Do your parents live with other dependents (your unmarried siblings, your grandparents)?

3. Do they have a lease/rent agreement for the place where they live? Or do they own that property?

4. Do your parents volunteer for any social, religious or other causes?
Hey Bryanna, I know is an old post, but Im planing to apply for Super Visa for my mom. Can you please let me know why the purpose of visit should not be take care of wife and new born baby as I'm planning to state the same reason

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey Bryanna, I know is an old post, but Im planing to apply for Super Visa for my mom. Can you please let me know why the purpose of visit should not be take care of wife and new born baby as I'm planning to state the same reason
Taking care of a baby is classified as working. It's illegal to work while in Canada on a super visa.

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Taking care of a baby is classified as working. It's illegal to work while in Canada on a super visa.
Ohh ok. Can you please let me know what should we write the reason as. Our reason is pregnancy but not sure how to state it in the invitation letter

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
If you meet LICO your wife doesn’t need to include her T4 or NOA.
Purpose of travel doesn’t need to be elaborate. Spending time with family is the general reason for a supervisa.
Should be instructions for the other financial part but mother’s financial info plus your savings account. Business accounts won’t count only your personal finances.
Upfront medical won’t necessarily speed things up dramatically.
Hey @canuck78, My sister is applying for Super visa for my mother and she is currently pregnant. Below is the purpose of visit she has stated

"I and my husband would like to invite my mother, <Mothers Name> to visit us in Canada to help and support us mentally and physically with my first pregnancy and through the subsequent parental care. "

And below is the purpose of visit stated in Cover letter by my mother:

"I would like to visit my daughter and my son-in-law to help them during my daughter’s pregnancy and through their new born baby care phase"

Please let me know if the above look good.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey @canuck78, My sister is applying for Super visa for my mother and she is currently pregnant. Below is the purpose of visit she has stated

"I and my husband would like to invite my mother, <Mothers Name> to visit us in Canada to help and support us mentally and physically with my first pregnancy and through the subsequent parental care. "

And below is the purpose of visit stated in Cover letter by my mother:

"I would like to visit my daughter and my son-in-law to help them during my daughter’s pregnancy and through their new born baby care phase"

Please let me know if the above look good.
Not sure why your sister isn’t doing this herself but as you have already been told caring for a baby and mother is considered work.

Mohana4MomSV

Jul 28, 2019
Hey Bryanna, nice to meet you! I am the sister quoted in above post from ganesh! I have already applied for my moms visit visa (she never visited me though on visit visa so far!) & Im now trying to process super visa for my mom! So I am afraid if I mention the purpose simply as family visit, the IRCC might consider that my mom does already have a visit visa for the purpose of family visit! I just want the reason to be strong for super visa application! I assumed, situations permit, any daughter in the world would certainly seek physical & mental support from a mother during pregnancy and hence chose to mention so! Could you please advise me how else may I phrase the purpose of visit statements strongly! Thanks a lot for your kind guidance!

Mohana4MomSV

Jul 28, 2019
Not sure why your sister isn’t doing this herself but as you have already been told caring for a baby and mother is considered work.
Hi Canuck78, I’m the one applying for my moms super visa! I just wanted to include my husbands name as my mom would be living with both us at our residence for the whole 2 years in the positive case of her super visa grant! Could you please let me know if you think it could be a problem in anyway? Also, have you any idea about the processing times for super visa applications, either online or paper! Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck78, I’m the one applying for my moms super visa! I just wanted to include my husbands name as my mom would be living with both us at our residence for the whole 2 years in the positive case of her super visa grant! Could you please let me know if you think it could be a problem in anyway? Also, have you any idea about the processing times for super visa applications, either online or paper! Thank you!
Yes you can include your husband’s name. I assume you might need both your incomes to meet LICO.

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hello experts,
I am just wondering when i apply for visa extension of my parents (they are in super visa here in canada) would i hv to pay for 1 year insurance cost at once when i buy the policy or would it be possible take 1 yr policy and pay every month (monthly payment)? would ircc accept monthly payment of insurance?..thanks

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
please help me to find out the answer of following visa extension question.My parents are here on super visa for 2 yr and they never traveled to any other countries while they are here. When my father fill this online application for visa extension for them he needs to fill out this information for my mother (his spouse). please give me ur suggestion to following questions. Their 2 yrs of stay going to expire in november.
1.Is your family member (spouse) staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
yes/no
2. What does your family member (spouse) want to do in Canada?
-Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor
-apply to extend work permit
-apply to extend study permit

3. Does your family member (spouse) want to restore their status in Canada?
yes/no