+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
LETTER OF INVITATION FOR MR ………. AND MRS ……….

I, ……… (Date of Birth) with PR number ……… and my wife ………. (Date of birth) with PR number …… of the above address would like to invite my father and mother to Canada for a period of 6 months to visit us and meet with their grandkids for the first time, name (age), name (age) and name (age).
Super big no-no to stating a visit of 6 months.

Keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max. + include a detailed day-by-day plan for their visit for sightseeing/meeting you and your family/ activities.... with expense estimates.

That said, I again strongly recommend that they must apply ONLY when both you and your parents have saved him some more. Do not apply before that because the financial situation is not good for both the hosts and the visitors in this case.

This letter is to invite:

Name: Father’s name

Address: Father’s Address

Date of birth: Father’s DoB

Passport number: Father’s passport number

Name: Mother’s name

Address: Mother’s name

Date of birth: Mother’s DoB

Passport number: Mother’s passport number
Mention Applicant 1 and Applicant 2.

You also need to add bullet points for their Nationality + Employment status + Relationship to the host.

They plan to arrive Canada November 3, 2018 and depart April 27, 2019. Father’s name and Mother’s name are both government retirees as well as active volunteer pastor and deaconess respectively with the name of church. They both need to return home latest April 27, 2019 for the Pastors’ Conference event in May 2019 as well as their pension verification/renewal exercise that holds in June 2019. They both own a residential property which has to undergo maintenance/renovation every year.
Again, a huge no to the visit duration.

Any event that your parents must return home to must be in the near future i.e. shortly after their intended visit.

They will be staying with us at our home address ………. We will be responsible for their airfare and accommodation throughout their stay in Canada.

I work with ………. and my wife is on maternity leave but she worked at ………… prior to her maternity leave and will be returning to work at the end of her maternity leave. Attached with this application are all relevant supporting documents.
Another big red flag: Mentioning your wife's maternity leave.

Not sure why your wife is the co-inviter for your parents' TRV apps.

Does the CAD 8,000 balance bank account have your name as well?

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
Bryanna please help me with super visa process. I just don't know how to do it. Do I need to apply or my mother? It prompted me to log on to my banking detailscti syart the application which kinda looked odd to me. I have searched the net but there is not much info as how to apply.
I will be grateful.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do I need to apply or my mother? It prompted me to log on to my banking detailscti syart the application which kinda looked odd to me. I have searched the net but there is not much info as how to apply.
I will be grateful.
You can apply as your mom's authorized representative. She needs to fill the IMM 5476 form (Use of representative).

Also, this will help you to apply for a super visa:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

Reactions: woodworker

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My mother got supervisa approval. I have query regarding her visit:

She is currently working in govt job in India and now wants to take premature retirement (1 yr earlier than her supposed to time)

Can somebody advise if it will be a problem at port of entry, visa officer may think she is coming here after taking retirement and may not want to return (although she has no intentions to stay here permanently). Will it be ok if she just takes one way ticket or is it a compulsion to take return ticket? Her passport is expiring in April 2020. She is planning to coming here in Feb 2019 and stay for 2 years (of course she will renew her passport and also apply for super visa extension). Can she do that way?

Or is it better that she should come here this year while she is still working, and stay with us for a month only (she will not get holidays from her job more than that) and then go back, take retirement and then visit us again in Feb 2019. I guess then she can stay for 6 months only? Or is she has a return ticket for a year, the visa officer may grant her 1 year stamp at that time?

@canuck78 Please suggest, Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can somebody advise if it will be a problem at port of entry, visa officer may think she is coming here after taking retirement and may not want to return (although she has no intentions to stay here permanently).
This point would have had an impact if your mom was applying for a TRV or a super visa. It does not matter now.

Super visas are meant for longer stays as compared to TRVs. No problem with retiring early.

Will it be ok if she just takes one way ticket or is it a compulsion to take return ticket? Her passport is expiring in April 2020. She is planning to coming here in Feb 2019 and stay for 2 years (of course she will renew her passport and also apply for super visa extension). Can she do that way?
Arriving in February 2019 + renewing her passport before she travels: Sounds good.

One way ticket: Doable too

Or is it better that she should come here this year while she is still working, and stay with us for a month only (she will not get holidays from her job more than that) and then go back, take retirement and then visit us again in Feb 2019.
Would not advise this.

There's a bit of a grey area on the length of super visa stays presently. IRCC mentions a stay of up to 2 years on the initial visit only, whereas some IRCC web pages continue to mention the previous version i.e. length of allowed stay of up to two years on each visit. This small change in words can make a big difference.

Assuming the 2 years stay is allowed only for the initial visit then your mom will lose out on a longer stay if she visits for a month this year

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
This point would have had an impact if your mom was applying for a TRV or a super visa. It does not matter now.

Super visas are meant for longer stays as compared to TRVs. No problem with retiring early.

Sounds good.

Arriving in February 2019 + renewing her passport before she travels: Sounds good.

One way ticket: Doable too

Would not advise this.

There's a bit of a grey area on the length of super visa stays presently. IRCC mentions a stay of up to 2 years on the initial visit only, whereas some IRCC web pages continue to mention the previous version i.e. length of allowed stay of up to two years on each visit. This small change in words can make a big difference.

Assuming the 2 years stay is allowed only for the initial visit then your mom will lose out on a longer stay if she visits for a month this year
Ok, thanks @Bryanna for clarifying all my doubts.
One last question, does the applicant has to visit Canada within 6 months of approval of supervisa like other visas, or they are good to make their first travel anytime (of course my mum is coming soon, but will be her seventh month starting in feb)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok, thanks @Bryanna for clarifying all my doubts.
One last question, does the applicant has to visit Canada within 6 months of approval of supervisa like other visas, or they are good to make their first travel anytime (of course my mum is coming soon, but will be her seventh month starting in feb)
Your mom can travel anytime during the validity of her super visa.

I suggest you email IRCC (not the call centre agents) to confirm whether a super visa visitor is allowed to stay for up to 2 years only on the initial visit or it is possible for each visit (depending on the immigration officer, of course)

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Your mom can travel anytime during the validity of her super visa.

I suggest you email IRCC (not the call centre agents) to confirm whether a super visa visitor is allowed to stay for up to 2 years only on the initial visit or it is possible for each visit (depending on the immigration officer, of course)
Ok sure I will do that. Thank you so much again:)

Walera

Mar 9, 2018
Not sure why your wife is the co-inviter for your parents' TRV apps.

Does the CAD 8,000 balance bank account have your name as well?
Thank you Bryanna. She is the co-inviter because she is my wife. We co-invited her mum for super visa and it worked, that is why we are co-inviting my parents for the TRV.
The 8k bank balance account is a savings account in her name but we both contribute to it for the purpose of this trip. thank you.

Walera

Mar 9, 2018
Keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max. + include a detailed day-by-day plan for their visit for sightseeing/meeting you and your family/ activities.... with expense estimates.
Please is there a specific reason or reasons why i have to keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max on the invitation letter. Why not 3-4 months. I know of friends who indicated 4-5 months for the TRV and were not rejected. I just feel 3-4 weeks is kinda on the low side. Thank you.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
You can apply as your mom's authorized representative. She needs to fill the IMM 5476 form (Use of representative).

Also, this will help you to apply for a super visa:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html
Thank you for replying. I suppose I can use the same form to represent her for visitor visa? I was thinking for going for a visit visa rather than super visa as I have to wait for NOA to meet the income requirement.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please is there a specific reason or reasons why i have to keep the visit to 3-4 weeks max on the invitation letter. Why not 3-4 months. I know of friends who indicated 4-5 months for the TRV and were not rejected. I just feel 3-4 weeks is kinda on the low side. Thank you.
Yes, there is a specific reason. The longer the visit duration, the weaker the ties to the home country.

IMO, your parents have a 'will-just-make-it' kind of chance of TRV approvals. In fact, I would suggest applying only for your mom to increase the chances of a TRV approval.

They don't have strong ties + no strong financials + no travel history. You really would want to state a visit of 3-4 weeks (and include the detailed day-by-day plan for their visit).

All said and done:
1. Visa validity won't be the same as the visit duration stated in the application
2. CBSA will decide how long someone should be allowed to stay = The length of the visit stated in the application becomes irrelevant at the POE
3. Most parents tend to stay longer than what they indicated in their TRV applications

Walera

Mar 9, 2018
Yes, there is a specific reason. The longer the visit duration, the weaker the ties to the home country.

IMO, your parents have a 'will-just-make-it' kind of chance of TRV approvals. In fact, I would suggest applying only for your mom to increase the chances of a TRV approval.

They don't have strong ties + no strong financials + no travel history. You really would want to state a visit of 3-4 weeks (and include the detailed day-by-day plan for their visit).

All said and done:
1. Visa validity won't be the same as the visit duration stated in the application
2. CBSA will decide how long someone should be allowed to stay = The length of the visit stated in the application becomes irrelevant at the POE
3. Most parents tend to stay longer than what they indicated in their TRV applications
Thank you so much Bryanna!

uppman

Jun 27, 2017
Hello,

I need urgent help. I am applying for my parents super visa online. I am using my father's online account to apply for him and my mother. I have uploaded all the required forms, everything looks fine as all forms are accepted but I do not see any option to pay the fees or submit the application. At the bottom of the page I only see "Exit Questionnaire" option. Please help.